Best build for Sacred 2 PvP?

In your opinion what is the best character/build for PVP?

In my opinion this character should have the following in the way of offense/defense:

Defense:

- Be able to achieve 100% damage mitigation (protection). High armor via buffs doesn't cut it since you can get debuffed by players.

- Have a lot of life because life leach, % life leach (and DOT?) cannot be mitigated

- Have high resistance to immobilizing/stunning effects to not get caught/let enemy run away

- Ideally some high combat art blocking potential to avoid getting debuffed (ex: expulse magic, divine protection)...

Offense:

- Be able to do a lot of damage

- Be able to hit the enemy

- Be able to do lifeleech damage or other types of damage that can't be mitigated (ex: DOT?)

- Be able to deal with invisible foes like shadow warriors and elves (via Area of Effect attacks probably)

- Move fast

- Perhaps have a way to remove enemy player buffs if possible

For PC Players - alchemy is probably a the best pvp skill.

What do you think?

Edited by ka243

Brad and I were trying some stuff out with PVP a while ago. Problem was, is, getting the toons to do enough damage all at once to each other so that you would get kind of excited by it all.

When we used to do pvp in original Sacred, noone could expect which kind of build would take the weekly crown...but the cool thing about doing this was that every week, the former week's build mechanics would get taken out by a new surprise.

In the end...it was an AI run build that was using Ancestor's Combat Art that just decimated the whole field of players while Junior Mint just kept running away from eveyrone on his horse laughing...

:)

gogo

Brad and I were trying some stuff out with PVP a while ago. Problem was, is, getting the toons to do enough damage all at once to each other so that you would get kind of excited by it all.

You're saying that basically none of the builds could do enough damage to eachother to make it fun and so if everyone has enough damage mitigation, nobody dies?

I would guess that a character with big DOT or life leech would be enough to take down a player with 100% dm - no?

See, we're now getting into the real crux of pvp. Is it fun or not on Sacred 2 the way it's currently set up? When we ran tests, we both came out thinking... pvp one versus one is boring...but Schot came up with the idea that if we did with groups, the dynamics would completely change...the game would get more fun...and then you could get combined attacks where everyone can plan in advance to bully up on a person one at a time... We worked out some mechanics for some team play with lower levels than we normally use... but it comes down to keeping it fun.

I forget the numbers...but we wanted to give peeeps on each time x number of skills...make it so that the toons could be produced easily...but more importantly, they have to be able to die quick. We wanted to go with no limits.. as we have always felt that no matter what, someone will come out with a winning strategy, and the next week, the team would then beat it if a team chose to go with last week's strategy....

We only tried to kill each other for an hour or so... and we were already getting ideas...but it came down to ... what is the level we would assign every one week after week, and ... are we convinced there is a fast way to kill someone in this game either with one person or three peeps ganging up on one?

If the one hit kill is possible, then there is some hope here, or something close to a one hit kill. If PVP isn't exciting, it's a dud.

Mitigation, ...lol, we didn't even go there. Just trying to kill a person in pvp with him just standing there is very hard work!

:)

gogo

p.s. Boil down... PvP could be fun...we all just have to be convinced that it is possible to kill someone very quickly ...from there, the details of builds will flesh themselves automatically ..but are we convinced right now that the most powerful builds can take out the most weakest player easily?

My oldest daughter does PvP duels at a 'local' youth club. They do some rules like:

After each duel the savefiles are restored.

Best of 5, so after each duel you have time to learn from mistakes, take different equipment and such

No healing potions

My daughter uses a melee elf with all 3 magical foci and alchemy. She says alchemy helps to block root effects, boosts hit chance, empties sockets you could use with diffrent stuff which is not in trophies, because a fight ends in the duration of trophies, you can heal with trophies, ....

But this character was totally optimized for the above LAN-Duell rules

Expulse magic to block spells and debuff, fire skin to reflect melee or the option to use crystal skin against against casters. High life leech damage from magic coup which totally avoids damage mitigation and heals you, no weapon skill, so you can use any weapon, shurikens against melee reflectors, ....

For PvP in these rules you have to know the possibilities of your character and the ones of your opponent.

About PvP outside thee rules I have no experience.

My oldest daughter does PvP duels at a 'local' youth club. They do some rules like:

After each duel the savefiles are restored.

Best of 5, so after each duel you have time to learn from mistakes, take different equipment and such

No healing potions

My daughter uses a melee elf with all 3 magical foci and alchemy. She says alchemy helps to block root effects, boosts hit chance, empties sockets you could use with diffrent stuff which is not in trophies, because a fight ends in the duration of trophies, you can heal with trophies, ....

But this character was totally optimized for the above LAN-Duell rules

Expulse magic to block spells and debuff, fire skin to reflect melee or the option to use crystal skin against against casters. High life leech damage from magic coup which totally avoids damage mitigation and heals you, no weapon skill, so you can use any weapon, shurikens against melee reflectors, ....

For PvP in these rules you have to know the possibilities of your character and the ones of your opponent.

About PvP outside thee rules I have no experience.

The magic coup high elf indeed seems a good option especially on pc where alchemy is a viable skill. I guess expulse magic would make invisible characters visible?

You'd probably want to mod it for range so you can detect/debuff enemies further away? Maybe not as it needs to be strong to debuff shadow warriors with high willpower... The life leech from just magic coup might not be enough damage to kill a character with high mitigation though.

Maybe frost flare, blazing tempest, or a dryad with damage lore or something would be more effective.

A BFG seraphim does huge damage but would not be able to detect invisible opponents without EP and thus would not be able to target them. Using soul hammer modded for deep and open wounds and disarming could be effective if you can see the opponent. Disarming would be pretty neat in pvp if it actually made the other guy stop and resocket his weapon lol.

Can double-hits be mitigated? Sure the first hit is mitigated - what about the second one (pelting strikes modded for succession)?

Can you stack multiple open wounds effects? Edit: no you can't that's in the wiki.

What about mutliple weaken effects via magic damage?

Edited by ka243

shadow step to enemy,become invisible (2nd modifier), expulse magic for debuff and get combat art block, cobalt strike for weaken, meteor for stun, raging nimbus for slow, magic coup to recharge spells and do damage.

combination 1: shadow step, expulse magic, cobalt strike and magic coup

combination 2: meteors modified for stun, magic coup

combination 3: raging nimbus, magic coup

combination 4: depending on skin frostflare and coup or blaze and coup

A high optimized magic coup elf can do 8000+ life leech damage a second and even she has only arcane lore she can add damage via the skin for the other aspects. But modifying meteors for example would be rather for keeping the enemies stunned and not for maximal damage.

Edited by chattius
shadow step to enemy,become invisible (2nd modifier), expulse magic for debuff and get combat art block, cobalt strike for weaken, meteor for stun, raging nimbus for slow, magic coup to recharge spells and do damage.

combination 1: shadow step, expulse magic, cobalt strike and magic coup

combination 2: meteors modified for stun, magic coup

combination 3: raging nimbus, magic coup

combination 4: depending on skin frostflare and coup or blaze and coup

A high optimized magic coup elf can do 8000+ life leech damage a second and even she has only arcane lore she can add damage via the skin for the other aspects. But modifying meteors for example would be rather for keeping the enemies stunned and not for maximal damage.

Expulse magic could be blocked by divine protection (I think?) as could cobalt strike and magic coup and all the other combat arts....

I wonder how a BFG seraphim built like this would do against your elf:

EP (to see invisible elf)

Tactics

Warrior Focus

Revered Focus

Toughness

Constitution

Revered lore

Ranged Weapons

Concentration

Armor Lore

Mod pelting strikes for double hit, enfeeble, indentation and soul hammer for Wounding, disarm, incision

Divine protection modded for capacit, boost, improved mirror.

Dashing alacrity modded for sprout, reprisal or delay, impatience

Edited by ka243

Are BFG-shots ranged damage?

Rare shield with scaling block chance (ranged) and harpy feather trophies.

Start combat while standing in your expulse magic circle and fire cobalt strikes and use a bow with magic coup.But you ask the wrong person. My daughter spent dozens of hours in duels in summer breaks.

Spells fired from inside magic coup have an extra chance to block spells, what ever this does.

Yes they are ranged damage - good answer. Archangel's wrath isn't but that would have to go through your expulse magic.

Alchemy is probably the best pvp skill if you're playing on PC. On console it would be a different story. Perhaps the harpy feather could be defeated with enemy cannot evade.... Dunno.

What types of builds did she end up losing against?

Edited by ka243