Higher difficulty rune level requirements

Thanx Llama. That was written before we had a decent understanding of item levels and when they could be used. For all it's intents the article does still remain true but lacks a defining point that... Even though a forged Niob rune will increase an item to a minimum level of 50 a character need only be level 39 in order to use the item as shown in the SacredWiki page Items/Usable Item Levels.

Do you think that would cover it?

It's been a while since I've done this so I thought I'd give it a try. On a level 33 piece of armor I forged a Niob rune and the item level changed to 50. My level 30 character was no longer able to equip it. Something I wasn't aware of until now is that it is possible for a level 30 character to forge a Niob rune while on a Niob server/difficulty. On Silver or Gold it isn't possible, (Not sure about Platinum). Not sure how useful that info is but there yah go, heh.

Just taken my level 15 HE into Plat, created a plat (+4) rune, wasn't allowed to forge it. Used my level 76 seraphim to forge it & the item level changed from level 15 to level 35 (tried forging a Niobium rune & the item level changed to level 50). Tried the same with a Niobium rune & couldn't forge that with my HE either.

Heya Llama!

Is the definition that brad put here for you in answer to this topic:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=6867501

Okay for the wiki now as written like that?

Does it meet and reconcile the question?

If so we're going to go ahead and put it in the wiki

Cheers!

;)

gogo