Increased view zoom out

I only play Sacred 2 with the 'follow' camera setting and sometimes would like to zoom out the view further than the game will allow. S1 had a very wide view angle which allowed you to see much more of the screen, this is what I'm looking to do with Sacred 2.

Is there an options.txt setting that will allow the camera to zoom further away than standard in the 'follow' setting? (whilst keeping the follow camera selected)

A much wider angle view that can be used by scrolling the mouse wheel would be useful for collecting huge mobs :D

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't really mess with the options file.

Dobs

Edited by Dobster
I only play Sacred 2 with the 'follow' camera setting and sometimes would like to zoom out the view further than the game will allow. S1 had a very wide view angle which allowed you to see much more of the screen, this is what I'm looking to do with Sacred 2.

Is there an options.txt setting that will allow the camera to zoom further away than standard in the 'follow' setting? (whilst keeping the follow camera selected)

A much wider angle view that can be used by scrolling the mouse wheel would be useful for collecting huge mobs :D

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't really mess with the options file.

Dobs

Are you on Ice and Blood yet?

Yes he is on Ice & Blood & yes, monkeying around with the options file is probably the way to go Dobs. I could really do with poking about in it & increasing the max vertical angle you can get up to (I used to have Schot's settings & that was great, being able to get anywhere from almost on top of your character to nearly horizontal), not sure how the camera changes to Ice & Blood have affected the options file though.

Ice & Blood offers some great new camera controls which I was surprised at just how much control Ascaron built into them. Just using the ingame Options-->Game Play menu might be enough for you Dobs. I still use optionsCustom myself but that's because I want the carmera to be able to tilt all the way to the floor. It's great for making cool screenshots for the wiki. :drunkards:

I'd say give the ingame options a try first and if you find you need even more control then by all means try the optionsCustom code. :drinks:

ooo err my memory is so bad, forgot I'd even posted this :drunkards:

Thanks for the replies, I just tried a couple of settings in the options.txt and will see how it goes :drinks:

Edit: Just found the exact settings I was looking for. Change cam1_trackdist_max = ** in the options file to 2000 and turn off automatic zoom curve in the options/gameplay settings. Hold down the middle mouse button to make the view from above and then you can zoom out really far.

Edited by Dobster