Pyromancer or Ice for a noobie mage

confusedxx

I am a lv 32 Shadow Warrior char and a lv 17 Seraphim char. Both are OK and fun, but I am missing the magic and have always played mages. Thus I would like to roll a mage. What build would you recommend for survivability, Area of Effect and fun?

I have a level 66 Ice He and she does some nice dmg but I do see ppl with pyromancer doing alot more dmg I kill mobs with my glacial spikes with 1 hit and the bosses in silver go down with like 5-10 hits depending on the boss I only went with the ice because I didnt see much out there hope this helps you out a little

I think fire elf is a more easy character to play for a beginner, but you might consider getting ice focus even on the fire elf to have ice skin with high physical resistance available. Ice skin and fire skin cannot be used simultaneously but ice skin is very good for certain situations (ex: orc cave because orcs do only physical damage).

I think fire elf is a more easy character to play for a beginner, but you might consider getting ice focus even on the fire elf to have ice skin with high physical resistance available. Ice skin and fire skin cannot be used simultaneously but ice skin is very good for certain situations (ex: orc cave because orcs do only physical damage).

Thanks Ka. I started with an Ice mage, but find that fire kills faster right now still. Although I am currently only lv 4 :(

What is the key differences between fire and ice mages - besides the element used. Is there an advantage to one versus another? Does hybrid work better?