Hit Rate - Chance to Hit

Okay so there are like 5-6 item mods that practically do the same thing.

Attack value X+ (base)

Attack value X%+

Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks +X%

Opponent's defense value -X%

Cannot Evade +X%

Opponent's chance to evade -X%

I don't know but the 3rd and 5th seem the same to me but according to wiki one was a blue mod and the other gold.

Anyway, my wondering is if one should balance them all. I have no issue with hit rate (just started playing my Shadow Warrior that has about 130 to 170% base hit chance without Combat Arts lol..) it's just general interest. For example, what I wonder in theory about Chance that opponents cannot evade attacks +X% is that if you would have 100% all your attacks will always hit, regardless of their defense. I have about 20% of this at the moment which would mean 1/5 of my hits has a 100% to hit even bosses etc etc..

The second one is Opponent's chance to evade -X%. In theory, with -100% they have no evade which mean I would need about 1 attack base and I would always hit right? Unless the formula of hitting has evade and defense as separate factors against an enemy. If you combine this with Opponent's defense value -X% I would assume you would always hit your enemies..

I guess this would be easier if someone who could enlighten me with the formula of hitting enemies.

It's interesting that there's so many of them, I wish I knew more about how they are distinct from each other.... I have found anti evasion rings to be the best yield for socket... just one can increase your cth by a huge amount. I wouldn't waste time on any of the others and just focus on that one.

As well, I stopped trying to understand which of them could possibly do more depending on x and x circumstances... I just drop them into the CTH Calculator... voila... instant answer.

:)

gogo

p.s. Great seeing you here Noizic, welcome mate

It's interesting that there's so many of them, I wish I knew more about how they are distinct from each other.... I have found anti evasion rings to be the best yield for socket... just one can increase your cth by a huge amount. I wouldn't waste time on any of the others and just focus on that one.

As well, I stopped trying to understand which of them could possibly do more depending on x and x circumstances... I just drop them into the CTH Calculator... voila... instant answer.

:)

gogo

p.s. Great seeing you here Noizic, welcome mate

Thanks. Ya I figure I should register here, seems like a very good forum :)

Anyway, I guess I will focus mostly on anti-evade and -enemies' evade. :)

I would focus only on enemy cannot evade (if you need more hit chance). I think that's the one that gives the most effect. I also think its the highest "class" mod (gold?) while the others are lower quality.

Edited by ka243

I think 'Cannot Evade +X%' is 'sichere Treffer' in german which translates back to sure hits. I was trying to understand these modifiers, and it looks like:

For the sure hits there are 2 theories:

Theory A:

The final CtH is calculated in 2 steps:

First a intermediate CtH is calculated without these sure hits.

In a second step 100% are splitted to 30% sure hits and 70% unsure. Then these 70% unsure hits use the intermediate CtH formula for their hit chance. Then both probabilties are added.

Theory B:

Intermediate CtH and sure hits are directly added.

But I did the tests nearly a year ago. Try to get a CTH near 300-400% (bronze) without sure hits. Add several rings with sure hits. If the CtH raises then it is most probably Theory B if it falls then most probably Theory A. (because the sure part has 'only' 100% hit chance while the unsure one has 300-400)

• 1 month later...

I am kind of new to the game, and I'm use to games that either use your skill for hit%(fps/tps) or it is tied into the weapon. My ? is what amount of attack value equals a good hit% for a given character level? I hope that I stated the ? so that people can understand it. Thanks(btw this is my first post).

Hi Chrissy, saw your post on it's own and tied it into this one... this topic is a good read, full of juicy info about how to see your cth and use the calculator properly.

Great having you here on the boards, welcome to DarkMatters!

:D

gogo

- evasion and chance can't evade are the most powerful... A mixture of the two is best because they have diminishing returns.. In fact I find weapon choice is only for the purpose of speed as those mods are so powerful you don't need the +attack..

Chance cannot evade also seems to have smaller values on items since it essentially means a guaranteed hit, as mentioned by Chattius. It is also harder to find than Opponents chance to evade, so you are lucky to have a double digit figure over 20 with it.

I noticed a complete lack of these stats on my latest Shadow Warrior, its funny fighting something that has a higher chance to hit than you, but only just. Lets just both stand here swinging and hitting air.