Wiki Skill Point miscalculations?

I saw on the wiki this :

# Between level 1-4 One skill point is gained per level up.

# Between level 5-11 Two skill points are gained per level up.

# Between level 12-24 Three skill points are gained per level up.

# Between level 25-49 Four skill points are gained per level up.

# Between level 50-200 Five skill points are gained per level up.

During their adventure players gain a total of 911 skill points. ((3 * 1) + (7 * 2) + (13 * 3) + (25 * 4) + (151 * 5) = 911)

And if you do a better math there are 921 skill points to spend at level 200.

it is right that there are 911 available skill points to spend ! but you get another 10 automated skills points when you chose a new skill.

For better understanding I will make the count until level 12.

Start the game with level 1 and no skill points.

Reach level 2 you get 1 skill point to spend and another skill point to chose a skill.

Reach level 3 you get 2(1+1) skill points to spend and another 2(1+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 4 you get 3(2+1) skill points to spend and another 2(1+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 5 you get 5(3+2) skill points to spend and another 3(2+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 6 you get 7(5+2) skill points to spend and another 3(2+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 7 you get 9(7+2) skill points to spend and another 3(2+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 8 you get 11(9+2) skill points to spend and another 4(3+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 9 you get 13(11+2) skill points to spend and another 4(3+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 10 you get 15(13+2) skill points to spend and another 4(3+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 11 you get 17(15+2) skill points to spend and another 4(3+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

Reach level 12 you get 20(17+3) skill points to spend and another 5(4+1) skill points to chose a new skill.

this is the level when you start taking 3 skill points per level

doing the math used on wiki on these 12 levels we have something like this :

level 12 = (3*1)+(7*2)+(1*3)=3+14+3=20 skill points available

current level

skill points from levels with 1 skill point per level

skill points from levels with 2 skill points per level

skill points from levels with 3 skill points per level

but if we take a closer look we will have these 20 skill points available to spend and another 5 skill points that we will gain once we pick our skills, so we will have 25 skill points at the end.

If we make the math good at level 200 we will have 911 skill points available to spend and another 10 skill points that we gain automatic when we pick our 10 skills, so we actually have 921 available skills.

I know that 10 skills doesn't made any difference but in some cases it does.

If I'm wrong with this math please tell me and show me my mistake so I won't make it again :D

PS : Sorry for my bad English, I'm trying to do my best :)

Regards, Infinity !!

Edited by gogoblender

ahhh, hehe I remember this debate. Depending on how you count the numbers end up different... lol, thisis magic that only Ascaron could produce!

:D

Vali, there is a few posts here with other peeps in the past bringing this up, I'll see if I can dig them up for us and merge the threads...they are interesting.

And welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo