Deathblow - Based on Maximum Hit points or temporary one.

Lottery in character choosing for a PvP tournament forced my daughter to design a Netherworld-Inquisitor. One tactic we had in mind was to use Callous_Execution modified to reduce targets maximal lifepoints for a while.

So we stumpled above following question:

Is Deathblow based on the actual maximal life (so after weakening, Callous_Execution, .... has reduced it) or on unaffected maximal life.

X% life leech for example works on the actual maximal Hitpoints. For my melee elves a Cobalt strike modified for weakening resulted in less x% life leech damage.

Help is welcome, and help for the above Netherworld-PvP-Inquisitor too.

Interesting question Chattius. Since Weaken reduces base values, or attributes, I would wager that Deathblow's effect will not be affected by Weaken but maybe Chance to inflict Deep Wounds +X% or Chance to inflict Serious Open Wounds +X% could work well with Death Blow. There's a chance that those two mods are being applied at the end of the total health calculation rather than changing Maximum Health via a direct reduction of Vitality.

Basically I think that Death Blow is based on Maximum Health at any given moment and that it's effect can fluctuate accordingly. Granted... I'm just guessing here. ^^

Yeah this is really a great question. I unfortunately don't know the answer, but it might open new build possibilities for the Inquisitor.

Max