Spell Intensity

Spell Intensity is said to make it more probable that a spell does its maximum damage. When I was using unique gloves with +x% spell intensity and moving the mouse on intelligence in the C-menu I saw a raise in the damage intelligence would give to spells.

But it was only at the attributs menu at intelligence not at the combat art menu.

So one of them must be an display bug:

If spell intensity is giving more damage via intelligence then the combat art menu should be updated too, or ?

I hadn't switched Combat Art's. perhaps I should have done that to force an update. But since I can't play again till next weekend and I can't sleep when I see additional damage I could perhaps add to my build, thinking about the possibilities:

Is anyone knowing for sure that spell intensity is not raising the maximal damage of a spell?

Another great question that greatly needs a specific answer. ;)

I was working on this not so long ago but never completed the experiment. However the general result was that it really wasn't improving Cobalt Strike at all. I have an exported level 140 HE with tons Spell Intensity forged. I can upload it for you if you like Chattius.

No Chattius, Spell Intensity & Spell Resistance are broadly comparable to attack/defence for weapon-based attacks. A higher Spell Intensity makes it harder/less likely that the target of your spell will be able to suceed on a Spell Intensity/Spell Resistance check, if they do suceed on that check then they take reduced damage from the spell (before resists are involved), if they don't suceed they take "full" damage (before resists are involved).

Flipping the question round, a high Spell Resistance will allow the defender to partially evade damage from spells, but since spells auto-hit, the evade function partially reduces the damage rather than negates it alltogether (like evading a weapon-based attack would).

No Chattius, Spell Intensity & Spell Resistance are broadly comparable to attack/defence for weapon-based attacks. A higher Spell Intensity makes it harder/less likely that the target of your spell will be able to suceed on a Spell Intensity/Spell Resistance check, if they do suceed on that check then they take reduced damage from the spell (before resists are involved), if they don't suceed they take "full" damage (before resists are involved).

Flipping the question round, a high Spell Resistance will allow the defender to partially evade damage from spells, but since spells auto-hit, the evade function partially reduces the damage rather than negates it alltogether (like evading a weapon-based attack would).

Nice writeup!

Llama you sure about this? Everyone agree? If so, can you add your info to wiki here?

Spell Intensity

:cry:

gogo

• 1 month later...

sorry if for "thread necro'ing"

but I just need a piece of info about this so I can plan my Caster NN+AS Aspect Inquisitor better.

guys... just a quick question regarding this matter. I never really had an issue with Spell Intensity before as a High Elf because, because with the insane damage boost/survivability/-regen that the buffs give to it. As a result a lot of jewelry slots are available to address and balance out +skills, +Combat Art, deathblow, + evade%, +HP, crits, disregard armor and spell intensity and still have more room to slot in +%damage (x damage type) rings here and there.

However, the luxury isn't really there for an Inquisitor. I won't really get into details but my question is, "how much Spell Intensity are Casters recommended to have"... give or take, in Niob end game?

No problems on the topic necroing, it`s still a good topic, and everyone is still looking for good answers on this. I don`t think anyone is completely convinced of how `good` spell intensity is... I know Schot is pretty lukewarm on this item modifier when you compare it to what other socketed things can do... I`m hoping that someone is going to one day post some break through numbers that will give us a clearer road to being succcesful with this.

:oooo:

gogo

I had a Temple guardian though low levels I was using furious emblazer on undead. These undead had no armor against fire. I was doing less damage than the combat art tooltip and I suspected that the culprit was Spell Intensity. I never found items to test this theory and he wasn't a shopper.

So inconclusive to say the least. But I thought I would mention it.