Bow versus Throwing Star + Shield

A bow will always have more damage. But with a shield you can always socket more deathblow, and it gives you armour.

I guess it comes down to personal preferance.

I would go with a bow though. It looks much more cooler IMO.

Fastest hits - blowpipe

Highest damage: x% life leech shuriken versus bosses, and only against other high hitpoint enemies

To reach similiar damage with other ranged weapons against bosses you would need a full detheya set as a dryad. The set will give x% life leech.

I would use blowpipes because of their instant hit. You play console so blowpipes work very nice with 'regeneration per hit (RpH)' items. RpH is in effect as soon as the game client registers the hit. Bows would have flight time. So the damage output with blowpipes which reduce their regeneration time with RpH might be best in normal combat.

Caution BUG: For PC 2.64+

The highest damage with the biggest Area of Effect will be dryads with acute mind who took the staff lore skill. The all around attack (not sure of the english name at the moment) will hit every enemy on the screen, even if hidden behind walls or trees. Given that it seem to be guaranteed hits in a very very big surrounding you can use RpH to drive acute mind and the attack to very high levels and have it recharged instantly. Its so unbalancing that some people take riding to reach places with not dead enemies faster.

I am against bug abusing, but if you see every enemy around you dropping you should at least know what is happening.

Edited by chattius
hey all im making a dryad on xbox im level 18 and still deciding if its better to use a bow with death blow or a throwing star with death blow + shield wot do u leet pc players think :)

Bows are too slow

For ulti-boss killing...

Shield + Shuriken with leech, anti reflect, anti evasion and three sockets...yeah dream on... FTW

:)

gogo