A Runic Question

I've read several places not to "memorize too many runes" in order to keep combat regen times down, something, something, jargon, etc.

So my query to all you super know it all types with answers of glitteriness and all that glot -

how many is "not too many"? How does memorizing runes increase casting times? Where do I read this information? What is that gunk stuck to my shoe? and lastly, how many licks does it take to get to the center of an ancaritic lollipop?

'Eating' or reading a rune increases it's level. It also increases it's regeneration time. It's best to increase levels thru equipment or socketing. That way if regen time is too high you can easily un-do it. How many is too many? It really depends on how you're using Combat Art and your playing style. One rule of thumb is to keep attack Combat Art's a quarter of your level while most typically keep buffs at character level or higher.

Starting off it's real easy to get regen way too high. Adding a couple levels can dramatically increase your regen time to the point where the Combat Art is practically useless. Patience is the key. As your character level increases you'll find it easier to increase Combat Art levels as well

Check out the Sacred 2 Wiki, lots of good info there

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Combat_Arts

'Eating' or reading a rune increases it's level. It also increases it's regeneration time. It's best to increase levels thru equipment or socketing. That way if regen time is too high you can easily un-do it. How many is too many? It really depends on how you're using Combat Art and your playing style. One rule of thumb is to keep attack Combat Art's a quarter of your level while most typically keep buffs at character level or higher.

Starting off it's real easy to get regen way too high. Adding a couple levels can dramatically increase your regen time to the point where the Combat Art is practically useless. Patience is the key. As your character level increases you'll find it easier to increase Combat Art levels as well

Thank you, wise and Grandest Poobah of all Poobahs, for among them, you are indeed the Poobahbiest.

Edited by Saeyia

Thank you, wise and Grandest Poobah of all Poobahs, for among them, you are indeed the Poobahbiest.

That is some brown nosing I can only aspire to recieve some day. lol :)

I agree that it all depends on the Char, the Combat Art, and the play style. Some Combat Art like Nimbus Cloud you can have high regen and be ok. cause your only gonna cast it every 10-15 seconds anyway. But something like Frost flare is a Combat Art I would like to be able to throw out as fast as possible. So my little personal rule is to not memorize/read/eat/stuff in your ear, any runes in the eary levels( pre level 18-20) then as I see my regen become something that suits my play style I will, one at a time, read into my buffs. watching the regens very closely. wen I have the buffs read up to focus level (max Combat Art level without penalty) and my regens are behaving the way I like, I will start add runes to Combat Arts. However Knuckles is correct. before adding any runes at all. you should attempt to use jewels or mods from items worn to raise the Combat Art levels first. as he says if you screw up you just get naked and redress after a shower. Runes read is a point of no return.

That is some brown nosing I can only aspire to recieve some day. lol :D

I'm gonna have to take away your Water Buffalo Merit badge progress for that one (you were doing so well too). Plus it's not brown nosing, it's simply recognition of my poobahiness.

Long live the Poobah !

I've read several places not to "memorize too many runes" in order to keep combat regen times down, something, something, jargon, etc.

So my query to all you super know it all types with answers of glitteriness and all that glot -

how many is "not too many"? How does memorizing runes increase casting times? Where do I read this information? What is that gunk stuck to my shoe? and lastly, how many licks does it take to get to the center of an ancaritic lollipop?

I'm still hungover so can't remember many answers to many things right now. I can, however, perhaps help with what's on the bottom of your shoe.

Do you have a dog?

:D

gogo

That is some brown nosing I can only aspire to recieve some day. lol :D

I'm gonna have to take away your Water Buffalo Merit badge progress for that one (you were doing so well too). Plus it's not brown nosing, it's simply recognition of my poobahiness.

Long live the Poobah !

Ah man! *removes size twelve boot from his mouth* all in good fun. Saeyia don't stop the poetry, you have a way with words that makes my want to keep reading. I will giggle silently to myself from now on. but you wax an eloquent poobah homage. I was truly serious about my wish to diserve such awesome recognition. alas no one can compare to the grand poobah for he is the ultimate poobah of all poobahes. * quietly waits for the return of his Water Buffalo Merit badge*