2010 Ice & Blood Behaviour

It really depends on the router. Mine does it the same way as yours loco. Best resource for this is the wonderful site portforward.com. Have a look for your router and follow their awesome guide. :)

After reading the tutorial on port forwarding it would seem that a multi user network such and mine( and maybe yours Schot) would create conflicts with Sacred2 as ports 6800 and 7011 can only be forwarded to 1 Computer at a time. am If reading this right Gogo is out of luck on your LAN for playing Closed net at the same time you are, Schot.

Or can I configure Sacred to work with one set of ports on my PC and a different set on his.

Which router are you using loco? My router can assign port forwards by device. Intsead of static IP it recognizes mine and gogo's entire pc's and adapts to our dynamic ip's. My router's sacred 2 port forward is network specific rather than ip specific so any pc on our network will have the ports forwarded.

Which router are you using loco? My router can assign port forwards by device. Intsead of static IP it recognizes mine and gogo's entire pc's and adapts to our dynamic ip's. My router's sacred 2 port forward network specific rather than ip specific so any pc on our network will have the ports forwarded.

WRT320N currently. I had a much nicer WRT610N but it died. Let me look again but I am pretty sure I can only forward by IP address and it requires that I set up static IPs. which right now I have everything on dynamic.

edit: I did find a QoS feature that seams like it prioritzes ports based on a rule like port forwarding does. effectivly opening the routers bandwidth to traffic that uses those ports. not sure the effect.

• 4 months later...

Processor : Intel C2D E6420 (2.13GHz)

RAM : 2GB DDR2

Video Card : Nvidia 7300GS 256MB, 512MB with Hyperthreading (using system memory for graphics)

Operating System : XP Home 32-bit

General Experience : Everything on low, lowest res, & windowed. FPS hovers around 30 when running around in empty lands.

Edited by Timotheus
  • 4 weeks later...

A extremely newbie question:

How are you adding these things to the shortcut? I know how to go to the properties of the shortcut, are you adding it to the name of the shortcut, the target, the start in? I am running vista.

Processor : Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 3068 MB Ram (I actually have 4 MB in the machine, not sure why it doesnt show)

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series - 4850 PCI

Operating System : Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)

I also run a 2 monitor set up. I play all games in windowed mode so I can switch monitors quickly. My computer loves me for this!

Edited by locolagarto
A extremely newbie question:

How are you adding these things to the shortcut? I know how to go to the properties of the shortcut, are you adding it to the name of the shortcut, the target, the start in? I am running vista.

Processor : Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 3068 MB Ram (I actually have 4 MB in the machine, not sure why it doesnt show)

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series - 4850 PCI

Operating System : Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.100218-0019)

I also run a 2 monitor set up. I play all games in windowed mode so I can switch monitors quickly. My computer loves me for this!

in the shortcut line add the -nocpubinding after the quotes

Processor : Athlon 64x2 6400

RAM : 4gb ddr2

Video Card : ATI 4850 512mb (details maxed 1680x1050)

Operating System : Win7 x64 (no compat mode, no additional flags)

General Experience : couple crashes at shutdown since installing the CM patch. crossfire disabled or game won't even launch. overclock also disabled.

pre-expansion played on XP 32 bit and Vista 32 bit. 8800gts oc 640mb, 8800gts 512mb, and 8800gtx. nocpubinding flag added.