Game wont start on my laptop :(

I bought my new gaming laptop. Is an ASUS G51J

It has:

Core i7 720qm

4GB DDR3 1333MHZ

GTX 260M 1GB DDR3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Game wont start. I have reinstalled and everything but the game simply wont start. It just launches the start screen and thats it.

Please I bought this game right before the company died US version and havent been able to enjoy it one bit

I bought my new gaming laptop. Is an ASUS G51J

It has:

Core i7 720qm

4GB DDR3 1333MHZ

GTX 260M 1GB DDR3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Game wont start. I have reinstalled and everything but the game simply wont start. It just launches the start screen and thats it.

Please I bought this game right before the company died US version and havent been able to enjoy it one bit

Welcome to the Forum CmlDexter!

sorry to hear of your troubles. Win 7 64 and Sacred2 have been a popular topic lately. your particular problem seems stange indeed. I need to know a little more detail.

1. Explain the install process. Patches if any, elite graphix, physX etc.

2. What if any changes or option have you made to the program short cut?

3. By start screen do you mean the intro videos or the main game menu?

we'll at lest try to help as much as we can :agreed:

Hi and Welcome :)

If you could describe exactly at what point it stops. What is/was displayed and any error messages (if you get one). Anything you can add. Halenthal has put together a nice Troubleshooting FAQ over at the official forum. You can find it here. The General Technical forum there is found here.

Since you didn't mention it, having your Video and Sound drivers up to date is very important (if they are not already). We'll do everything in our power to help you figure out what's wrong and get you playing :agreed:

If you could describe exactly at what point it stops. What is/was displayed and any error messages (if you get one). Anything you can add. Halenthal has put together a nice Troubleshooting FAQ over at the official forum. You can find it here. The General Technical forum there is found here.

Since you didn't mention it, having your Video and Sound drivers up to date is very important (if they are not already). We'll do everything in our power to help you figure out what's wrong and get you playing :agreed:

Well, I get the splash screen and then I get an error message from windows. Ill post a pic soon thanks for the reply!

Since you didn't mention it, having your Video and Sound drivers up to date is very important (if they are not already). We'll do everything in our power to help you figure out what's wrong and get you playing :)

Well, I get the splash screen and then I get an error message from windows. Ill post a pic soon thanks for the reply!

apparently game runs now. I disabled all the startup apps but im getting slow downs all the time and crashes gonna try increasing the page file

Well I checked the page file and is in 4000MB so it cant be that. Im getting slow downs occasioanlly and then after 5 or 6 of these slow downs of sound and framerate the game crashes itself with no error message.

What in-game gfx levels are you playing at?

I would try and play at lowest and see if that changes anything. If nothing else we can start eliminating possible causes

Well I checked the page file and is in 4000MB so it cant be that. Im getting slow downs occasioanlly and then after 5 or 6 of these slow downs of sound and framerate the game crashes itself with no error message.

Finally! the game worked! all I needed was to add compabilty mode XP service pack 3 and run as admin thx for the link!

Ok, well its good that you got it started. Next we need to get you optimized for Win7 and Sacred2.

Check these topics here on the site as many of us have been banging our heads on this.

Switching to Win7 64

Optimizations for Win7

New Rig Crashing

I will tell you from fist hand experience that if you have a Nvidia GFX card you need to disable PhysX in yourNvidia control panel and check your 3D settings. I run with as many setting as possible set to hardware control and turned off in the game options. I also have a i5 quad with a GTX260 GPU.

I have 8Gb of ram and run no page file. with 4 GB I still think you can do this. Sacred rarely uses more than 1.5Gb

If you gave Antivirus and other TSR programs running in your systray you may consider closing them as I think they rob sys priority away from Sacred2 and all the wrong moments

After trying a few of these suggestions please let us know how you are doing

Also make sure that you don't conflict the ingame settings for video with the Nvidia settings in the Nvidia control panel. You prabably don't have Elite GFX so that should not be an issue.

Ok, well its good that you got it started. Next we need to get you optimized for Win7 and Sacred2.

Check these topics here on the site as many of us have been banging our heads on this.

Switching to Win7 64

Optimizations for Win7

New Rig Crashing

I will tell you from fist hand experience that if you have a Nvidia GFX card you need to disable PhysX in yourNvidia control panel and check your 3D settings. I run with as many setting as possible set to hardware control and turned off in the game options. I also have a i5 quad with a GTX260 GPU.

I have 8Gb of ram and run no page file. with 4 GB I still think you can do this. Sacred rarely uses more than 1.5Gb

If you gave Antivirus and other TSR programs running in your systray you may consider closing them as I think they rob sys priority away from Sacred2 and all the wrong moments

After trying a few of these suggestions please let us know how you are doing

Also make sure that you don't conflict the ingame settings for video with the Nvidia settings in the Nvidia control panel. You prabably don't have Elite GFX so that should not be an issue.

The game runs if I disable every startup app. I still have yet to find the app that is conflicting with sacred 2. The game always get stuck on the "SETUP MANAGERS" phase of the game

I have trend micro anti virus (came included with my laptop 1 year sub and it does its job) and xfire (heard on a forum that its conflictive with sacred 2) and still no game working

any apps that you guys know that it makes the game unstable?

I found that the problem is made by 3 creative procceses that run on my PC. these processes came with my pc cuz my laptop's sound card has eax 4.0 support.

any way to get around these processes rather than killing them?

I found that the problem is made by 3 creative procceses that run on my PC. these processes came with my pc cuz my laptop's sound card has eax 4.0 support.

any way to get around these processes rather than killing them?

Don't know if this will help, but I use a prpgram called Tune up. it is free for thirty days. it has a ton of cool tools in it. like a start up wizard that is similar th mconfig, and the neat part I like is the Turbo Mode. it looks at power consumption, multumedia sharing and other processes that can slow your system down, 1-click of turbo and your system should automatically configure for best performance, and 1-click turns all you goodies back on and to normal. check it out and read there stuff at http://www.tune-up.com