Jack PC

Yarasa

Ummmm, WOW? That's pretty cool Yarasa. Just reading up on it now. The single most valueable thing IMO is the security you get from it. Would be easy to secure something that small. The theft of my pc is the only thing in my home I can't afford to lose.

Very very interesting.

*continues to read*

Guest gogoblender

remember in the old days when they used to have main frames?

isn't this kinda like the same thing...turning our computers into appliances?

er...isn't this really open to viruses too?

:(

gogo

I think that it is designed as a 'thin-client' where nearly all the apps are stored and run from a central server, and there is only the very bare basics on the small computer.

This would make sence if you wanted a machine in everyroom, but less sence if you were a 'one computer' household

Guest gogoblender
This would make sence if you wanted a machine in everyroom, but less sence if you were a 'one computer' household

intersting...

I guess that these kinds of "appliances" would be so much more cheaper than having to buy big computers for all over the houses.

Therefore...the lessening costs would meant that we'd probably even be able to have comps in ever part of the house....

even...

Da BAthroom!

/yay

gogo

I quite like it....

I could see this being great for school networks, that way pupils can't really tamper with the machines and break them... all they can really do is unplug the monitor keyboard and any usb devices to I think its great!

Therefore...the lessening costs would meant that we'd probably even be able to have comps in ever part of the house....

even...

Da BAthroom!

/yay

Gogo..... why would you want a compuer in the bathroom? were you never taught water and electricity don't mix!

although I can see it being useful for a media centre setup because you could have soothing music inteh bathroom but other than that I see no real point in it!