Combat Discipline

By this I am meaning the +damage part not the regen, I was looking over Gamefaqs, and saw that it affects all Combat Art's whether in a combo or not. But my Combat Art's seem to be unaffected by it. I have a level 14 CD which is +407 damage, but none of my Combat Arts seem to be doing over 400 damage at all. Even the tooltip doesn't say it. Heres a few examples

Twisted Torment 28-28

Malicious Totem 57-57

Edelphic Lances 245-245

Tangled Vine 49-49

Is this a bug or something? =S

That didn't really help me at all. I read through and understood that CD affects spells fully, as in the damage should be +407 higher (at my level of CD) but it doesn't say anything on that page of whether or not is says it in the tooltip. And also, when I actually use my Combat Art's it still only does the amount of damage it says (the very low amounts I mentioned earlier)

It should say so in the tooltip. As you put points into the skill, your combat art damage tooltip should increase. Notice the damage on several combat arts, then put a few points into CD and check the damage again.

+407 bonus means your combat art gets a 40% bonus.

Well if it definately is a percentage like that, then the wiki page needs a rewrite. =/

Hi Sam. I`m going to stop in here for a bit and ask for a kinder tone with this. Many of us have been working on Wiki for a while now, and we are all volunteers. Information is put there and has been reading well for a good while. If you are frustrated because you`re not undertsanding the way it`s written, please find the nice way to discuss this so that eveyone can have a pleasant experience here and I don`t find the need to begin removing and editing posts.

I`ve so far enjoyed reading your posts.

You`re interested in the game and this is a good thing. If you`re able to ally this with some consideration for the work of others that have made DarkMatters and SacredWiki here a successful site, we can all discover more about this game with some positive constructive energy.

Cheers

:P

gogo

Okay, after reading Antitrusts post, and reading the wiki a few times over, I realise now that it does mean percentages (and after removing a few +all skills I saw a decrease in the damage) It's just the line that says it affects spell Combat Art's fully that made me think otherwise.

p.s: Sorry for the disrespect towards the wikis contributors.

And based on the fact it is a percentage, and the damage from your spells is a little low at early levels, I would think it will take a while before one point into Combat Discipline shows as a satifiying increase in damage in the tool tip.