Magic Find/EP charts?

O.k. I am looking for a workable chart that shows the actual values of what different percentages of EP/MF will actually do. Is there such a chart or thread out there? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

O.k. I am looking for a workable chart that shows the actual values of what different percentages of EP/MF will actually do. Is there such a chart or thread out there? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Note sure about the chart but. here is a thread I refer to all the time. http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1417#post531417

Note sure about the chart but. here is a thread I refer to all the time. http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...1417#post531417

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear. Let me describe more accurately what I am looking for.

For example to use Diablo 2(old-school...I know.) as a reference, I knew that if I had 75% mf gear on, my mf finding chance was at X%, and if I had 150% mf gear on my jumped up to a higher percentage accordingly. I am curious if someone has looked through the game code to figure out the baseline numbers of that sort of thing. I am just trying to see if there are any accurate numbers so that if I wear a total of say 50% mf on my character, what my percentage odds are of finding uniques and sets. Maybe I am way off and it doesnt work this way in this game does anyone know for sure?

Gosh martigan. Couldn't you have at least started off with an easier question? :P Questions about MF(Chance to find valuables in Sacred 2) are still difficult to answer and as far as simple and solid answers regarding it we don't really have them yet. locolagarto provides an excellent resource written by Antitrust for becoming acquainted with the Drop system. Read through it and you'll have a great base to work with. It's long I know but very edumacational! ^^

We don't exactly have a table that says; "X% MF will get you sets". What we do have are strategies and techniques that are tried tested and true for farming sets and uniques. The thing about "How much MF is enough?" is that we can't answer that question exactly because the amount needed scales depending on how advanced your character is. By advanced I mean that there is a factor that needs to be overcome in terms of total amount of MF and that factor is likely character level, SB or a host of other possibly character and/or environmental values which are then applied to some obscure equation, lol. It's complicated and I honestly wish I could even attempt a guess at any given point. :P

Notably effective is a farming topic a wrote a while ago.

Farmer Schot's Guide to Growing level 20 Sets You can apply the idea of the guide for any level really.

MF Checklist:

• How much Chance to find valuables do you have? You don't need tons but if you really want to go out and farm items then I'd suggest you devote at least 2 slots to forge Chance to find valuables into.
  • How much Survival Bonus do you have? - The more SB you have the higher the level of the enemies thus the better the drops since since enemies that are a bit higher than your level will have the best drops. Enemies with Orange/Red rings at their feet are best. Enemies with white rings at their feet are too low in level and will just drop garbage. Oh and a Developer of Sacred 2 said SB has an influence on MF. It's likely that SB is part of the MF equation.
  • Map Revealed- This is a characteristic of your character that displays how much of the world's "Fog of War" you have uncovered. 25% of this value is converted and applied as Chance to find valuables. So go out and discover the world!
  • Kill Speed - The faster you kill the better your drops are likely to be. Although this tidbit has yet to become a wiki fact it has been observed that kill speed/effectiveness has a direct influence on drops. And rightly so... It wouldn't be right to award a player a Legendary for defeating a boss that took an hour to defeat. It would be right to reward a player with a Legendary for defeating a boss that took 3 seconds to defeat however. So make sure your damage is VERY high.
  • Enhanced Perception A bit of this skill can go a long way!
  • Basic Luck - Luck is a mysterious factor that we will never uncover and even within a program like Sacred 2 we must succumb to it. Fact of the matter is that it can happen that despite our best efforts we simply will not be granted our just reward! So keep at it. farming is generally a looong process.

Drop Inclinations:

• Sets are generally best found from Mini bosses and quest rewards.
  • Uniques are "probably" most likely found from Campaign bosses and Champion type enemies. Frankly, I've found uniques from just about everything and anything...
  • Jewelry, rings and amulets, are found most reliably from Energy type enemies. Ghosts and such.

That's about it off the top of my head. Hope that helps more than it hinders!

I think this little tidbit needs plastered someplace easy to find. you have done a much better job ofexplaining this in one "schot" than I have done in several questions from new members lately. Good Job, bud!

Gosh martigan. Couldn't you have at least started off with an easier question? :) Questions about MF(Chance to find valuables in Sacred 2) are still difficult to answer and as far as simple and solid answers regarding it we don't really have them yet. locolagarto provides an excellent resource written by Antitrust for becoming acquainted with the MF system and should read through it you'll have a great base to work with. It's long I know but very edumacational! ^^

We don't exactly have a table that says; "X% MF will get you sets". What we do have are strategies and techniques that are tried tested and true for farming sets and uniques. The thing about "How much MF is enough?" is that we can't answer that question exactly because the amount needed scales depending on how advanced your character is. By advanced I mean that there is a factor that needs to be overcome in terms of total amount of MF and that factor is likely character level, SB or a host of other possibly character and/or environmental values which are then applied to some obscure equation, lol. It's complicated and I honestly wish I could even attempt a guess at any given point. :D

Farmer Schot's Guide to Growing level 20 Sets You can apply the idea of the guide for any level really.

MF Checklist:

• How much Chance to find valuables do you have? You don't need tons but if you really want to go out and farm items then I'd suggest you devote at least 2 slots to forge Chance to find valuables into.
  • How much Survival Bonus do you have? - The more SB you have the higher the level of the enemies thus the better the drops since since enemies that are a bit higher than your level will have the best drops. Enemies with Orange/Red rings at their feet are best. Enemies with white rings at their feet are too low in level and will just drop garbage. Oh and a Developer of Sacred 2 said SB has an influence on MF. It's likely that SB is part of the MF equation.
  • Map Revealed- This is a characteristic of your character that displays how much of the world's "Fog of War" you have uncovered. 25% of this value is converted and applied as Chance to find valuables. So go out and discover the world!
  • Kill Speed - The faster you kill the better your drops are likely to be. Although this tidbit has yet to become a wiki fact it has been observed that kill speed/effectiveness has a direct influence on drops. And rightly so... It wouldn't be right to award a player a Legendary for defeating a boss that took an hour to defeat. It would be right to reward a player with a Legendary for defeating a boss that took 3 seconds to defeat however. So make sure your damage is VERY high.
  • Basic Luck - Luck is a mysterious factor that we will never oncover and even within a program like Sacred 2 we must succumb to it. Fact of the matter is that it can happen that despite our best efforts we simply will not be granted our just reward! So keep at it. farming is generally a looong process.

Drop Inclinations:

• Uniques are "probably" most likely found from Campaign bosses and Champion type enemies. Frankly, I've found uniques from just about everything and anything...
  • Jewelry, rings and amulets, are found most reliably from Energy type enemies. Ghosts and such.

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted, baseline place to start . I have already found many of the techniques you have suggested in my offline play, I didnt know about the energy enemies dropping rings/ammys more often though, good find.! I have a level 90 Temple Guardian w DS and fiery/icy and he can kill almost all bosses & dragons in a minute or less on platinum difficulty and he rakes in the uniques and sets,so I can definately vouch for the faster killing nets better items argument. My biggest question was how much mf % makes a difference because it never seems to matter if I have zero mf or 150% mf, the drops seem very similar. Thanx a lot for the info I really appreciate it!

I think this little tidbit needs plastered someplace easy to find. you have done a much better job ofexplaining this in one "schot" than I have done in several questions from new members lately. Good Job, bud!

Thanx! :)

Gosh martigan. Couldn't you have at least started off with an easier question? :) Questions about MF(Chance to find valuables in Sacred 2) are still difficult to answer and as far as simple and solid answers regarding it we don't really have them yet. locolagarto provides an excellent resource written by Antitrust for becoming acquainted with the MF system and should read through it you'll have a great base to work with. It's long I know but very edumacational! ^^

We don't exactly have a table that says; "X% MF will get you sets". What we do have are strategies and techniques that are tried tested and true for farming sets and uniques. The thing about "How much MF is enough?" is that we can't answer that question exactly because the amount needed scales depending on how advanced your character is. By advanced I mean that there is a factor that needs to be overcome in terms of total amount of MF and that factor is likely character level, SB or a host of other possibly character and/or environmental values which are then applied to some obscure equation, lol. It's complicated and I honestly wish I could even attempt a guess at any given point. :)

MF Checklist:

• Basic Luck - Luck is a mysterious factor that we will never oncover and even within a program like Sacred 2 we must succumb to it. Fact of the matter is that it can happen that despite our best efforts we simply will not be granted our just reward! So keep at it. farming is generally a looong process.

Drop Inclinations:

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted, baseline place to start . I have already found many of the techniques you have suggested in my offline play, I didnt know about the energy enemies dropping rings/ammys more often though, good find.! I have a level 90 Temple Guardian w DS and fiery/icy and he can kill almost all bosses & dragons in a minute or less on platinum difficulty and he rakes in the uniques and sets,so I can definately vouch for the faster killing nets better items argument. My biggest question was how much mf % makes a difference because it never seems to matter if I have zero mf or 150% mf, the drops seem very similar. Thanx a lot for the info I really appreciate it!

My pleasure madmartigan and it's funny what you said about MF amount seemingly having no effect on drops. To be honest I've never once "tried" to increase my MF. I just went with what I had at the time and worked on increasing MF in other ways such as kill speed, Map Revealed, and SB. Granted I suppose if I wanted to try and farm Legenaries that only then I would really want to increase MF from gear. I've just never felt the need to increase my chances for Legendaries. Would make an interesting challenge. Creating the ultimate Legendary farmer. ^^

P.s.

Oops! Can't believe I didn't include Enhanced Perspective to my original list. Eh heh... :D

lol Yah know... By the time I was writing that post I was sooooo tired. I kept thinking that "Enhanced Perspective" didn't sound quite right but went with it anyway. I think I could have used some of that "Enhanced Perspective/Perception" last night. :D

Eeeeeeh... Going to fix post now, eh heh.