Combat Art Pix testing

These are good. Thanks Knuckles. I was looking at some that are in the pages now... beh :) Better pix will get peeps excited about the Combat Art's... what do you think about adding a Gallery to the page at the bottom with pix chosen to display more images of the Combat Art. This way we'd have the main one at the top right, and the others like you have shown ...about four maybe? Or... we could even link to a page called Belligerent Vault Gallery?

:sick:

gogo

I was wondering...I know I know.....have a feeling this will come to haunt me one of these days....

How hard or feasible would it be to add a small video clip of the animation in action? Pix are good but you really lose the 'essence' of the Combat Art Animation.

Would there be a issue of where to host them?

Or I could just snap pics as the animation progresses. I could get more pics and make a Gallery. Especially ones where the effects are shown on the enemies. Like Slow/Confused from BV.

Not sure whether it would be better to post additional pics at bottom or link to a gallery. Guess we'll have to see how each looks

Are you going to show animations for each Combat Art based on weapons equipped? Frenzied Rampage changes depending on what weapon you are using.

I think most remain the same but some do change.

The 4 Shadow Warrior buffs are always the same, as are the temp buffs.

Edit: I forgot about Shadow Veil so buff number changed.

Edited by Colif

Knuckles how about replacing the pix that are kind of so and so with great pix for now? Kind of like I did for the dryad's Darting Assault:

[s2wiki]Darting Assault">Darting Assault">[s2wiki]Darting Assault

When our baseline for images is strengthened this way, and it would be much quicker I think to just get better pix, then we can set our sights on even more ambitious projects :P

I like the gallery, it's easy to set up and put together and leaves some breathing room for time.

:)

gogo

I can take the pix....will be a little while since I'm still buried in the Bestiary. Some Combat Art's like Frenzied Rampage will be difficult to show thru pix (kind of like when I tried showing the Minotaur's Stomp move for Schot). So I'll try to take a sequence of shots and upload them to the wiki photobucket account. Maybe have you pick thru them and add the ones you like to the Combat Art page?

Take your time on this Knuckles, I know you`re busy with Bestiary, and maybe I can make time to help complete the action Combat ARt pix for wiki as well... oowah, elite graphix mode here we go!

:P

gogo

Do we have a place to upload videos instead of Youtube? I was thinking we could make the gallery but also provide links for the actual animation. That way low end pc's can still view the page without it taking 5 minutes, and everyone would have the option whether or not to view the videos.

I can talk to Schot about this, it`s certainly something for us to consider.

For now though this project only needs one pic per Combat Art page.

I know you're busy with other projects, and this is something that has been waiting to be done for a while now as I've left it. I'll start taking pix for this as well now to help.

:P

gogo