What kind of TV's does everyone play on?

I just got this game in after buying it online and have spent a little time trying to get familiar with it. My biggest hinderance in learning is coming from the unforunate fact that my TV is simply terrible for displaying the text of this game. Everything else is fine, I just have extreme difficulty reading the text of items, abilities, stats, quests, and well.. everything. Its making what would be an enjoyable experience extremely tedious and almost unbearable.

I've been putting off investing in a TV from this century for a while and it looks like this may be my breaking point heh. Anyone have any reccomendations?

I just got this game in after buying it online and have spent a little time trying to get familiar with it. My biggest hinderance in learning is coming from the unforunate fact that my TV is simply terrible for displaying the text of this game. Everything else is fine, I just have extreme difficulty reading the text of items, abilities, stats, quests, and well.. everything. Its making what would be an enjoyable experience extremely tedious and almost unbearable.

I've been putting off investing in a TV from this century for a while and it looks like this may be my breaking point heh. Anyone have any reccomendations?

I bough a Panasonic 40 somethin HD flatscreen last year for a reasonable amount of cash and have had great luck with it. It seems to be very good with my ps3 as far as color and all that. Hope that helps.

I got a Vizio 42" or something like that, and it has worked fine since I bought it. Some say that its a newer company and their business cant be trusted especially with this economy, but alot of people buy them. They recently invested alot of money in future technologies so its a great sign for the future. Their warranty seems to be amazing (havnt had to test it out thankfully) but it says that they warranty the bulb in it for 20 years, at 1/2 of the contrast that it came with. And the biggest yes factor is that it is an inexpensive direction towards HD. The 42 inch a few years ago was like 800-900 dollars, and now the prices have dropped quite a bit. But I am a true believer in "you get what you pay for" so maybe that extra few hundred dollars might be worth it...

I play on xbox360 and this game like several others does not work on normal TV resolution. You need to play it in HD or you can't really read most text. On my TV even in 480i you can read it just fine. If you are playing on standard TV, just get any HD TV/monitor and you should be fine. I just got to see sacred2 on a normal TV last weekend and had to leave the room because it was painful to watch :)

If you are playing on a HD TV, you need to adjust your console resolution and make sure you are using component, svideo or HDMI. If I remember correctly composite can only do normal TV resolution.

Try playing with the display options in the start menu, adjusting contrast, brightness, etc (not on your TV, from in-game menu).

Worked wonders for when the Plasma is being used by the other household members.

Best of luck!

I use a Sony Bravia 40 inch LCD, personally. Haven't had any problems at all with text from 6 feet away... mind you, I have a small-ish gaming room, so that probably helps. :)

If you're into plasmas, you can pick up a 50 inch for around $700 now, which is a good deal too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...