Comic book heroes get a reboot!

Timotheus

Today I found out that several of Marvel's comic book heroes will get a reboot in the movies.

The rights to these comics are not in Marvel's hands, they belong to 20th Century Fox and a few other film studios. Somehow, these guys made a deal: if the film studio does not bring out any new movies, they loose the movie rights to these Marvel creations and Marvel will be holding the rights again.

So far the following heroes will receive a new introduction in theater:

- Spider-man

- Fantastic Four

- DareDevil

The rights to DareDevil belong to 20th Century Fox, they have just confirmed that there will be a reboot.

Fantastic Four's rights are in the hands of Fox, and these have already announced a reboot.

And finally, the rights to Spider-man belong to Sony. Apparently, work on a reboot has already started.

What can we expect in the future?

Several movie-rights have been contructed in a similar fashion. For instance, we've just got our hands on X-men: Wolverine, but this will probably not be the last movie in the series. Or it is, and X-men will get a reboot as well.

Personally, in most cases I am quite keen on these reboots since in most films the view of the comic books and the look and feel of a superhero have been completely lost in the 'translation'. However, there also are a few I wouldn't like to see changed: Iron Man is one of them, and I'm still not sure on DareDevil. However, movies like Spider-Man in my opinion should get a reboot, because Toby Maguire didn't fit to the character IMO, and the Fantastic Four were just bad movies...

I agree with leaving iron man as it is. However, never having read any of these comicss I cant compare them and just have to go on what I think of the movies. DareDevil was the one with the blind ninja dude wasnt it? Had awesome hearing or something like that? That was alright I thought I thought. Spiderman was ok, but the went downhill without having a great start. And fantastic four...lol at the silver surfer. Jessica Alba did make it mostly worthwhile watching them tho... :)

• 1 month later...

Don't remember Marvel :) In my day we had Beano and Dandy! Desperate Dan, Lord Snooty, and the rest. They did make films of Our Gang ... I don't see anyone bringing those back.

But Buck Rogers now - whatever happened to him?

Edited by Bondbug