Having trouble setting up EU account for US player

I just recently purchased a copy of Sacred 2 Gold from DL Gamer. The install went fine, patches, activation and all. Unfortunately when I went to set up an account on the EU servers I got an Activation Code Error (22): Invalid code.

Here is the process I used:

1.) Install Sacred 2:FA

2.) Activate (note I did not set up an MP account at that time)

3.) Install 2.40 Patch

4.) Install I & B

5.) Activate

6.) Patch

7.) Attempted to set up multi account

I am playing from the US, but my copy is the copy off of DL Gamer, which to my understanding is the complete UK package, minus massive ammounts of slots :drinks:

Please note: this is my first install. I do not as of yet have an account, US or UK.

Anyone with any details would be welcome. I was attempting to search for a solution through the forum, but only came across threads of those getting a US Fallen Angel copy to work with Ice & Blood or those attempting to transfer from US to UK.

Full Error Message:

Error

Activation code is not valid[22]

Your activation code is not valid. Please verify your entry. For details on how to order valid activation codes please refer to the manual.

If you already paid for this activation code you may be the victim of fraud. In that case please contact our support hotline. For contact details, please also refer to the manual

Support at DL Gamer referred me back to the forums here with a snappy "we do not issue invalid activation codes."

I am at the momment attempting a complete re-instal

*edit for solution:

Sorry you're going through this trouble Solitaire. At the moment I don't have any advice. I'm kinda off to bed. ^^ But give it a try again and try doing your step #2 differently. I imagine you plan to do this since you mentioned it.

Good luck! :help:

This was in fact it. Problem resolved.

Edited by Soltair0108

Sorry you're going through this trouble Solitaire. At the moment I don't have any advice. I'm kinda off to bed. ^^ But give it a try again and try doing your step #2 differently. I imagine you plan to do this since you mentioned it.

Good luck! :drinks:

I bought from Dlgamer too and had no issues...only thing I can think of is your lobby ip and port are not set up for UK.

Other than making sure you are entering the codes exactly correct. I think I set up Fallen Angel and activated, then installed and activated Ice and Blood. wonder if that would make a difference, though it would mean doing a complete un-install and re-install.

Let's see what loco has to say 1st I guess

Hey! Hey!

1 thing that iirc I had to do to get the code in correctly. I could not use CAPS LOCK for the code. I had to use the shift key for CAP letters when entering the code. Also use the Sacred 2:FA code for your closed net acct.

I just recently purchased a copy of Sacred 2 Gold from DL Gamer. The install went fine, patches, activation and all. Unfortunately when I went to set up an account on the EU servers I got an Activation Code Error (22): Invalid code.

Here is the process I used:

1.) Install Sacred 2:FA

2.) Activate (note I did not set up an MP account at that time)

3.) Install 2.40 Patch

4.) Install I & B

5.) Activate

6.) Patch

7.) Attempted to set up multi account

I am at the momment attempting a complete re-install

Good luck! :4rofl:

This was exactly it.

The error was in fact that I did not set up my MP account after installing Fallen Angel. I had attempted to use the Fallen Angel activation code after installing Ice and Blood and was recieving the same error.

Thank you everyone for the replies. I appreciate all the support I have recieved here.

I would like to extend a special thank you to loco, though. You've been really patient with me with my questions about the purchase, installation, and a few nuances of the game. Thanks!

Edited original post for solution in case anyone else runs into this same problem.

Edited by Soltair0108

Beautiful!

We're getting a lot of scenario's...maybe I'll put together a collection of links for future purchasers.

Thanks for everyone helping out here, and Solitaire, ....

Kablam...yer on deck with the gang

welcome!

:4rofl:

gogo

Up and running online now.

Character Name: Grandmaster XB-38

I've made the jump just not from Xbox to PC and decided not to get my feet only wet but completly soaked. This is my first HC character and my first Temple Guardian at that. Maybe it's just my immagination, but I'm seeing a halo above his head :P

I would like to extend a special thank you to loco, though. You've been really patient with me with my questions about the purchase, installation, and a few nuances of the game. Thanks!

Edited original post for solution in case anyone else runs into this same problem.

These are the sort of comments that make the Sacred community the special bunch of people they are, especially over here at Dark. :)

Welcome Soltair0108. Welcome_by_Artush.gif

I'm pretty sure your going to have a fun time playing online in HC.

Feel free to contact me anytime ingame. All my toons will have stubbie(DA) in the name :)