Wiki downtime question

Just a quick question for ya Schot....

When should we stop updating the Wiki before this weekend's move? I've stopped myself until after the move since I don't want to take a chance but thought it would be good for all the other wiki contributors to know the time line for this

No need to worry Knuckles. After I close the forum and wiki I'll make a final backup of the entire site and then transfer the databases from that backup to the new host. Everything is more or less in place at the new server. The next steps for me will be to close the sites on friday, run the full backup, transfer to the new server, update with new databases, run upgrades for the forum, wiki and bridge. With luck I'll also have time for a number of other "goodies". :4rofl:

All that to say is that I will be taking a snapshot on Friday of everyone's contributions be it here or on the wiki. And of course I'll let everyone know in advance, maybe with a countdown clock, when exactly we'll be closing the doors.

And of course I'll let everyone know in advance, maybe with a countdown clock, when exactly we'll be closing the doors.

That has such a evil finality to it. sounds depressing. how about

And of course I'll let everyone know in advance, maybe with a countdown clock, when exactly we'll be closing the doors.we launch into our new frontier!

or maybe something more celebratory.