Dexterity-based weapon damage?

Does anybody out there have or know of a comprehensive list of weapons whose damage is modified by Dexterity?

I'm in the process of building a Dryad that will be specializing in both melee and ranged, and I wanted to focus on Dexterity as the main attribute... better for defense, and nice if everything uses the same stat.

I'm assuming that sword weapons may be the best bet here? Specifically smaller weapons like daggers and short swords?

The dex poles you can also visually discern by the rounded tops...they look like marshmallows on the end... while the Strength modded poles look pointy sharp and dangerous.

:D

gogo

Also good to know! Although I'm finding that switching from ranged to melee isn't nearly as responsive as it should be... might just have to stick with ranged only.

I was considering taking shield lore and using shurikens (throwing daggers aren't usable by Dryads, despite what the wiki says), but from looking at the shurikens available to my higher level seraphim, I don't think it's really worth it. Nothing really special about them, unlike the instant hit from Blowpipes and such.

I ran a dex seraphim for a while...I wanted her to have the abilityto switch to ranged if she had to...and mostly ran her with pole arms at the same time pony and the gang was running mounted builds... but ...dunno...I just never seemed to be all that happy with what I was getting from my seraphim dex poles...it always seemed like POny was having more fun with his huge damage str poles...and impaler of heroes is sick with mh ^^

:D

gogo

1 dexterity point = 1 base defense point for a dryad in niob

I see only a few reasons to do dexterity for a melee build:

1)You have a buff which gives big x% defense: barkskin, runes of protection,... You can reach quite high defense numbers and may need less sockets for evade/base_defense/... You can socket more damage x-x this way to counter the reduced damage from a dexterity weapon.

2)You don't do dual-wielding, then knives have the fastest animations. More but weaker hits compared to a sword. No dual-wielding allows shield and shield lore is better than reflexes in my opinion. Not only the block from the shield but also the x% to defense from the lore which powers the base from dexterity.

3)You have no weapon combat art and need a weapon just to recharge with normal attack and RpH quickly.

4)You use a weapon mainly to do x% life leech against a boss and the normal weapon damage is a nice but not necessary bonus.

5)Your idea demands a certain set like the detheya which won't add any base defense.

The reason why the spidergirl build is now fully dexterity:

It uses full detheya, so no base defense from armour.

Even if weaponless fist attacks are based on strength, it has less impact than one damage x-x ring. Weapon-Combat Art's have a build in base attack value which makes strength and even a weapon lore not really needed for hitting.

So instead a weapon lore speed lore was used: detheya has no run speed, and speed lore boosts the base attack and defense from dexterity.

Barkskin and shield lore boost even more.

In sacred2 the currency for power are sockets: you can get most stuff from sockets and you sell and buy.

If you say that a dexterity weapon is doing less damage than a strength weapon you have to do the full calculation: will I get hit less when I will go dexterity and if yes, is it enough to free sockets for more damage x-x stuff ?

A strength weapon will buy damage but sells defense.

If I use rare's and not uniques will for example open wounds be of any use if I kill mobs in 2 hits? Or is chance of enemy to evade -x% as a scalable modifier on a knife freeing 2 sockets used for hit chance and so I could do 2 rings with damage x-x ?

You sell damage over time and buy instant damage.

Edited by chattius