Questions for experienced Sacred 2 players...

All right, Ive had the game for a bit, but am having a real hard time getting the gist of the best way to play the game.

-I had started on bronze and found that way too easy, so I popped it over to silver. From the what ive read in other posts would it be correct to assume you want to play the campaign until you hit orc town, and then grind orc cave?

-Ive been reading alot into "shoppers", "Bargaining", and "blacksmith" They sound like really great ideas, but I really am having trouble figuring out how to make a decent shopper. Anyone who can help with a build and step by step instructions on something like this would be greatly appreciated.

-Lastly runes are really starting to confuse me lol, From what it sounds like, they have severely hurt my first character and maybe even ruined him. Are runes worth remembering?

I know that I want to remember AT LEAST 1 of each to unlock that Combat Art, but the fact that they hurt cooldown is a bad thing if Im not mistaken. Around how many runes should I remember for each of my major Combat Art's? Just looking for some insight on this one.

To all of you who answer, thanks in advance, I just really want to be able to enjoy this game to the fullest eventually.

Heya,

Well... lets start by doing this topic by topic eh!

Bargainers

These are characters with the Bargaining skill. The best Bargainers are those placed in Niob, by either yourself or a friendly other player. The Bargaining skill allows Bargainers to buy higher quality gear at shops. Most Bargainers are used to sustain other characters with equipment, mainly jewelry.

Blacksmith

The same idea. A Blacksmith can forge damage and attack rating, Armor and defense rating or -Regen time and critical hits. Blacksmith are also able to forge Amulets into silver slots and rings into bronze slots. The NPC Blacksmiths cannot do this. Again, a Smith is best placed in Niob, for higher forging bonusses.

Runes

One rune is needed to unlock a specific combat art. In lower levels. Combat Art's are indeed best left at 1. Focus and Lore skills are needed to increase the Combat Art's damage output and decrease its regeneration time. When getting to higher level, more runes can be red/eaten. Focus skill, concentration and Stamina will decrease the regeneration time. Best rule is to keep the excetution time lower than the regeneration tme.

One mod on jewelry and gear forms an exception to the rule. That is Regen per Hit. Every hit wil cut said number of the regeneration time. That means you will be able to chain cast Combat Art's, IF you have the proper RpH.

Hope this helps at least a bit. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Greetz, TC and HF

Thanks for the reply :)

Im starting to get the idea of a shopper, they have high bargaining skill, as well as decent combat skills so that they can make it to the Niob difficulty.

A couple questions about how these should be made. Should I make a shopper also have Blacksmith Skills? or should I have a character souly for Blacksmithing on the side.

Next, what is the best class to make a Shopper / Blacksmither? And what level should I get a shopper / blacksmith? And around how high do I need to make the bargaining / blacksmith skills to make a difference?

I had read elsewhere that Its a good idea to keep those skills 50% higher than your level via gear smithed with +Bargaining / +Blacksmithing skills. Is this true?

Thanks again in advance :D

Edited by gameking99
A couple questions about how these should be made. Should I make a shopper also have Blacksmith Skills? or should I have a character souly for Blacksmithing on the side.

Sorry I don't have much time to fully answer your questions at the moment....... But I see your on console, this is good and bad. Good side of it is the ability to socket a crap load of +all Skill rings and amulets. Select your bargaining skill early and keep it at level, buy relics with bargaining to boost this skill and as much +all skill jewelery as you can. Good advise I found was to make a seperate bargaining suit from the suit you wear to hunt. This suit you only wear while looking for items to buy. Really good items start showing up when your bargaining is at 3x your level and they get better the high in difficulty and levels. You can always get lucky without the +all skills just by having the bargaining skill but maxing the +all skills ups the chance to get goodies.

Bad news is that Blacksmithing is broken on console. :)

More good news is that Regen per Hit has always worked on console, when I played console I didn't have much of an idea what it was. So for eating runes, work on your buffs first. whenever you eat any you'll have to restart game to see the effect. Socket Regen per Hit jewels to keep your regens even. For example on my Kung-Fu Dryad my Ravaged Impact regen is at 6 seconds. because I kick with both feet that makes two hits. So I socket 3.0 minimum RpH into my gear. This way there is no waiting for the Combat Art to regen.

Oh and before I forget while your shopping or even drops from fights keep an eye out for Life Leech %. I seem to remember that on Xbox I would find Life Leech per Hit XX% in rings or amulets. This is an awesome mod to socket.

Heya,

Well... lets start by doing this topic by topic eh!

Bargainers

These are characters with the Bargaining skill. The best Bargainers are those placed in Niob, by either yourself or a friendly other player. The Bargaining skill allows Bargainers to buy higher quality gear at shops. Most Bargainers are used to sustain other characters with equipment, mainly jewelry.

Blacksmith

The same idea. A Blacksmith can forge damage and attack rating, Armor and defense rating or -Regen time and critical hits. Blacksmith are also able to forge Amulets into silver slots and rings into bronze slots. The NPC Blacksmiths cannot do this. Again, a Smith is best placed in Niob, for higher forging bonusses.

Runes

One rune is needed to unlock a specific combat art. In lower levels. Combat Art's are indeed best left at 1. Focus and Lore skills are needed to increase the Combat Art's damage output and decrease its regeneration time. When getting to higher level, more runes can be red/eaten. Focus skill, concentration and Stamina will decrease the regeneration time. Best rule is to keep the excetution time lower than the regeneration tme.

One mod on jewelry and gear forms an exception to the rule. That is Regen per Hit. Every hit wil cut said number of the regeneration time. That means you will be able to chain cast Combat Art's, IF you have the proper RpH.

Hope this helps at least a bit. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

Greetz, TC and HF

Love this writeup.

:)

gogo

Again, thanks for the advice you guys, from what you said about blacksmithing, is it even a useful skill to have anymore?

Can you give me a breakdown on how its broken, and what the difference between blacksmithing on consoles is different from that of PC?

Again, thanks guys, cant explain how much you guys have helped me.

EDIT: lol furian just read the little thing under your avatar about Pennsylvania, Im a diehard steelers fan, been one since I was 5 years old.

Other than that I root for chicago teams, my dads from chicago he hates that I like the steelers. But yes, the Pirates truely do STINK

Edited by gameking99

Blacksmith does NOT work WHATSOEVER on console. DO NOT get this skill. Also Alchemy is halfway broken, as its just not practical to use on console. Bargaining is a great skill. If you dont mind cheating a little, make a bargainer, shop for jewelry and socket it into items for your lower level characters. Level 10 with +75 all skills anyone?

Again, thanks for the advice you guys, from what you said about blacksmithing, is it even a useful skill to have anymore?

Can you give me a breakdown on how its broken, and what the difference between blacksmithing on consoles is different from that of PC?

Again, thanks guys, cant explain how much you guys have helped me.

EDIT: lol furian just read the little thing under your avatar about Pennsylvania, Im a diehard steelers fan, been one since I was 5 years old.

Other than that I root for chicago teams, my dads from chicago he hates that I like the steelers. But yes, the Pirates truely do STINK

Check the Wiki out for Blacksmithing Here

ps. @Gameking99 good to hear about Steeler fans around the nation. Other than the Steelers and Pens I have always rooted for the Cubs. My grandfather played for them in 1934. One of these days they'll go all the way!

Blacksmith does NOT work WHATSOEVER on console. DO NOT get this skill. Also Alchemy is halfway broken, as its just not practical to use on console. Bargaining is a great skill. If you dont mind cheating a little, make a bargainer, shop for jewelry and socket it into items for your lower level characters. Level 10 with +75 all skills anyone?

Darn, I just started my Resource Temple Guardian, and just put blacksmithing into my build, is that going to come back to haunt me? should I start over? or do you think that Ill be fine without that skill slot...

Thanks again :D

Darn, I just started my Resource Temple Guardian, and just put blacksmithing into my build, is that going to come back to haunt me? should I start over? or do you think that Ill be fine without that skill slot...

Thanks again :D

It's basically a wasted slot. if your below level 35 I would just save all the gear into your chest and re-start it. If you wanna keep going you will just have a 9 skill build. don't put any points into that blacksmith skill, save em for something else.

Ok, im only level 7, so a restart isnt going to hurt to bad lol so Ill probably do that eventually.

@furian, thats cool, wish the cubs would hurry up and win a world series though, starting to worry that I wont live to see it happen.

Im only 20, so they have a lot of time... I hope....

back on topic:

Im really sad that the company shut down or whatever happened, would love patches as well as Ice and Blood for xbox, but Im almost positive there is no chance of them opening back up :D

Edited by gameking99

Even with Blacksmithing a bust on console my Shadow Warrior I had on console was a three aspect build with black smithing......wasn't till level 65 I found out that it didn't work. Even so I still ran that guy up around 106 or so and he was absolutely powerful with only 9 skills.

thx, I kinda short for time, so I havent been able to play a whole lot, school Monday thru Thursday, and I work every day but Sundays.

Its going to be even more scarce because we have the MWC (Mountain West Conference) basketball tournament at our school, and I am an Equipment manager, so were doing all the Mens and Womens team laundry for about 50$ per team, so im looking at making a pretty penny, but Its gonna be a LOOOONNNG weekend for me :yay:

So yea, Ill try to keep this up to date with new questions as they arise.

How do I determine when it is ok to eat another rune?

Also, should I put a rune in a weapon? Does it at + to that skill like gear?

And, I see my regen bar says 147.2%. Is there a target I want to keep that % at?

What I read from this post is that Bargaining is a brilliant skill. But should I take it as a first time player, Shadow warrior on silver ?

I am planning on lvling it all the way. If that has sumthing to say.

Btw: some hints and tips to a dual wield shadow warrior skills?

Shadow Warrior's can't take Bargaining.

Here's what skills I would suggest for your Shadow Warrior:

Tactics Lore

Dual Wield

Armor Lore

Death Warrior Focus

Malevolent Champion

Concentration

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

Toughness

Combat Discipline

Shadow Warrior's can't take Bargaining.

Here's what skills I would suggest for your Shadow Warrior:

Tactics Lore

Dual Wield

Armor Lore

Death Warrior Focus

Malevolent Champion

Concentration

Constitution

Combat Reflexes

Toughness

Combat Discipline

Thx for the reply.

I already got:

Tactics Lore

Dual wield

DW Focus

Sword skill

Concentration

So what skill should I leave out? or start over?

Edited by From

I would start over as Sword Lore & Dual Wield don't stack, meaning that when you have two 1-handed weapons equipped Sword Lore isn't in use anymore(unless there are some stats on the sword that is modified by SL).

Now I got the right skills and only memorized 1 rune in every aspekt. But when to memorize more runes?

I'm level 25 now and my skills reg. time is 1.5 and 2.5 for the skills I use.

So is it worth lvling up a few times or should I just leave them level 1?

I am by no means an expert, but a method for character building I have always found sucsessful whether it was Diablo or Baldur's Gate and any similar games is to only add to you abilities when your character has trouble killing the enemy at an efficient rate. So I will not add points to my skills or traits or use runes until my character starts to have trouble killing enemies. And then only add enough to make your character strong enough to deal with what he is facing at that point in the game. This give your character more freedom to adjust and adapt to harder levels as you move forward through the game. This also helps prevent me from adding abilities to my character that are not usefull...or not as usefull as another abilty would have been, or generally just making unnessessary or wasteful additions to my toon. I kind of see it as character evolution.

Edited by phishball