Item mods unlocked by weapon skills

Stupid question, but where on the Wiki is the page that gives the item mods that are unlocked by the various weapon skills (like chance to hit nearby monsters on polearms, reduction to physical resists on hafted, etc) & I don't mean the individual pages for item mods. I'm sure there's a page in there somewhere (or one page per weapon skill), I just can't find it!

I found that info on the page for each specific weapon type, if I'm thinking of the same thing you were :D

but not all weapon type-pages have same detailed info linked yet, some even have the 'click here to see the full table' subsite implemented/added already..

like energy pistols:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Energy_Pistols

(says on top of that 'ranged weap lore modifications' for level 1 pierce effect, lfrom level on 25 slow effect etc..)

pole arms:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Pole_Arms

(attack value,speed,level without penalty,chance double hit, plus the 'full table' subsite)

is this the kind of info you were looking for, or did you mean any other stats or mor detailed..

Edited by Rotluchs

The info on the energy pistols page was what I was looking for, a list of the mods that can be unlocked if you have the weapon lore. So swords can have +Combat Values (attack/defence), chance for deadly wounds, chance for open wounds, & so on unlocked by Sword Weapons.

There should be a page in there somewhere that shows all of the bonuses for each weapon type in 1 place, even if it links to other pages for the individual weapon types themselves. We shouldn't have to search around for these things. I went looking after llama couldn't find anything, as I thought it was odd he couldn't find it.

Its the same with the fact you need 75 hard points (in pc, not console) to achieve mastery. It should be somewhere obvious, not repeated in each skill summary.

The info on the energy pistols page was what I was looking for, a list of the mods that can be unlocked if you have the weapon lore. So swords can have +Combat Values (attack/defence), chance for deadly wounds, chance for open wounds, & so on unlocked by Sword Weapons.

I think the main reason NOT to do this is because lots of modifiers on weapons will be available without the specific weapon lore, but others do.

Example - Hafted weapons lore is usually required to unlock Opponents Armour:Physical (OA:P), but not always! It is especially visible when you don't have the lore and the weapon has a double-mod. So an axe can have two OA:P mods, one which requires the lore and the other not. If you have the lore, you only see one line (combined total %), but if you do not, you can see OA:P listed twice, one with the value and the other with the red-writing [Hafted Weapons Lore].

Agreed there are lots of mods that should be listed that unlock with the weapon lore, and would be especially useful for planning purposes. Maybe it should be done for the mods that unlock with weapon lore mastery, but I've found the randomness of locked/unlocked mods (when playing without weapon lore) to make such a listing vague at best.

Edited by essjayehm

I think the main reason NOT to do this is because lots of modifiers on weapons will be available without the specific weapon lore, but others do.

Example - Hafted weapons lore is usually required to unlock Opponents Armour:Physical (OA:P), but not always! It is especially visible when you don't have the lore and the weapon has a double-mod. So an axe can have two OA:P mods, one which requires the lore and the other not. If you have the lore, you only see one line (combined total %), but if you do not, you can see OA:P listed twice, one with the value and the other with the red-writing [Hafted Weapons Lore].

Agreed there are lots of mods that should be listed that unlock with the weapon lore, and would be especially useful for planning purposes. Maybe it should be done for the mods that unlock with weapon lore mastery, but I've found the randomness of locked/unlocked mods (when playing without weapon lore) to make such a listing vague at best.

To this point, Stun is a hafted unlockable, as is increased damage vs undead, as is slow opponents by 25% (a dumb one)

True, but I was wanting to know what mods I would be able to shop for on a weapon if I took a particular weapon lore, if there weren't many/any "nice" mods for the build I was planning then I'd not take a weapon lore. I could just spend ages shopping to build up a list but it feels like something that should be on the wiki, either on a page by itself or on the weapon lores pages "Hafted Lore unlocks the following mods on weapons: x, x, x & the following mods when mastered: x, x, x.". I don't really see why some of those mods being avaliable without the weapon lores is a reason to not put the info up.

True, but I was wanting to know what mods I would be able to shop for on a weapon if I took a particular weapon lore, if there weren't many/any "nice" mods for the build I was planning then I'd not take a weapon lore. I could just spend ages shopping to build up a list but it feels like something that should be on the wiki, either on a page by itself or on the weapon lores pages "Hafted Lore unlocks the following mods on weapons: x, x, x & the following mods when mastered: x, x, x.". I don't really see why some of those mods being avaliable without the weapon lores is a reason to not put the info up.

Fair enough argument. Point taken.

To your point, what you are REALLY looking for is mods that are ONLY available for a particular weapon type, right? Like if I could get +attack and def through jewls, then getting it on a weapon is kinda meh.

then agian, I have notices that deathblow on weapons is higher than deathblow on jewels at the equivalent level. even when you inlcude the slotting bonus.

To your point, what you are REALLY looking for is mods that are ONLY available for a particular weapon type, right? Like if I could get +attack and def through jewls, then getting it on a weapon is kinda meh.

then agian, I have notices that deathblow on weapons is higher than deathblow on jewels at the equivalent level. even when you inlcude the slotting bonus.

Given your second paragraph, no, I was looking for just a list of mods that are unlocked by the various weapon skills (like -opponent's physical armour on hafted weapons, chance to hit multiple targets on polearms, the various wounds on swords, etc).

Yes, would be nice. But then we would have to split the weapontypes even more:

x% life leech is on shuriken, but not on rare bows, blowpipes, energy guns

okay life leech is not unlocked, but

armour piercing seems to be unlocked on knife but not on swords

Ok, I did start some work on this last night. I need a better bargainer because the "better" mods didn't appear last night. 8(

Help will be needed to list the weapon MASTERY unlockable mods.

armour piercing seems to be unlocked on knife but not on swords

The only one I've noticed so far. IIRC, Opponent's Chance to Evade appears on daggers but not swords as well, but I didn't see it last night.

I'll list what I found so far, but the list was a lot smaller than I anticipated.

So far, I have found Attack Speed, Combat Values (attack/defense values) and Chance to inflict Open Wounds as unlockable mods on ALL WEAPONS. Except staffs. No unlockables on them.

Ranged Weapons - Chance for Pierce; Chance to Slow Opponents 25%, Chance to reflect ranged attacks

Sword Weapons - Deadly and Deep Wounds; Opponent's defense value

Hafted Weapons - Opponent's armour:Physical; Chance to Stun;

Polearms - Chance to hit additional opponents; Opponent's defense value

That was all I found in an hour last night before realizing that I need more bargaining power. Will get the rest of the non-mastery listed and onto the Wiki after the long weekend. (and maybe an "Easter" treat :))

I remember in 2009 that this info was available on the wiki? I'll look for it. Maybe you guys are saying to see if it has changed with patches and expansion? Edit: I couldn't find it either in wiki or old community threads :yay: I have a memory of looking up to find out what the differences between axes and swords would be and I got the mods. Probably a thread I just couldn't find

Edited by claudius

Sword Weapons page updated with mods. Started finding Mastery-locked mods @ level 65 so I got a few of those.

Will continue on with the other pages!

Edit:

Hafted Weapons, Pole Arms, Ranged Weapons are updated as best I can! I still have to link the mods to their wiki pages; and the biggest part - figuring out if some of the mods work ONLY on certian weapons.

Thank you all for the help, I am pretty sure I'm not done here, so if you eagle-eye something not on the list, post here and I can update the page.

Edited by essjayehm