Voodoo Dryad Build? Where is the griffin boss

Im hearing a lot about some type of VD dryad build and I hear a lot about people farming a griffin boss, I was wondering if anyone could help me on a set up for the dryad and the location for the griffin boss. And any usefull tips and tricks for getting ahead on the game, I know people use the dryad for bargaining right? and use it to gear up your main toon.

So please help me out and clarify some of this stuff for me.

Heya,

Griffin is Located North-West of Sloeford, upper Tyr Lysia, near the temple there.

Afaic, farming Griff is only interesting the first few levels, Forest Guardian or Guardians are much more interesting :)

You can build a Dryad Bargainer, tho there are more toons that have bargaining. They are generally used to equip other toons indeed.

Check out the Dryad build section on this forum, to build a Dryad that suits you.

Greetz

Heya,

Griffin is Located North-West of Sloeford, upper Tyr Lysia, near the temple there.

Afaic, farming Griff is only interesting the first few levels, Forest Guardian or Guardians are much more interesting :)

You can build a Dryad Bargainer, tho there are more toons that have bargaining. They are generally used to equip other toons indeed.

Check out the Dryad build section on this forum, to build a Dryad that suits you.

Greetz

thank you for your prompt response, I still have a lot to learn about this game seeing as how I just started 2 days ago lol. Does this forum have a Gamertag section by any chance?

Welcome to DarkMatters Grim

Check out this thread here, very busy, successful build for VD Dryad pm consoles:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13603

Stickied at the top of this forum you posted in, there is a sticky where console players can post their gamertags

:)

gogo

p.s. you can find griffin boss on map here in SacredWiki:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Boss

VD Dryad is good to get you started to find some gear but as someone already listed there are better options like the BFG Seraphim. You can use dobri's or ka243's which his is for consoles just switch out what he tells you for a shopper MF seraphim.

If you play online you do not want to use this because you will either freeze up the other players screen or get booted off of the network.

ok so I got fully modded vd and the bark fully modded im 16 now and I been going to the desert but they are not spreading past my line of sight, I know im going something wrong, I have the right heads and im full Int, I followed his guide to the T so I dont know exactly what im doing wrong.

ok so I got fully modded vd and the bark fully modded im 16 now and I been going to the desert but they are not spreading past my line of sight, I know im going something wrong, I have the right heads and im full Int, I followed his guide to the T so I dont know exactly what im doing wrong.

If you modded VD like he said and have about 5 runes read into it along with having an insect head you should not have any problems. Just gather a goup of scarabs and spiders and cast and start running. DO NOT RUN IN TO ANY TOWNS, WAYPOINTS ETC. Every time you are able to cast it, do so. It will catch like wildfire, you will be running and see the creatures infront of you already infected.

Once you see it getting laggy stop cast pet and start killing what ever is around you, also use a experience. potion and watch the experience. start flying. One a side note at that level stay clear of the scorpions they hit hard.

When you are level 20+ and have not died, you can switch out the insect head for the Barb. Head, on bronze head up to the Griffion infecting everything once you get there it will be dead or almost dead.

If you modded VD like he said and have about 5 runes read into it along with having an insect head you should not have any problems. Just gather a goup of scarabs and spiders and cast and start running. DO NOT RUN IN TO ANY TOWNS, WAYPOINTS ETC. Every time you are able to cast it, do so. It will catch like wildfire, you will be running and see the creatures infront of you already infected.

Once you see it getting laggy stop cast pet and start killing what ever is around you, also use a experience. potion and watch the experience. start flying. One a side note at that level stay clear of the scorpions they hit hard.

When you are level 20+ and have not died, you can switch out the insect head for the Barb. Head, on bronze head up to the Griffion infecting everything once you get there it will be dead or almost dead.

Towns are kinda tricky. Some kill VD and some not. I haven't gotten them noted yet, but am working on that.

Only 1 rune works just fine. More runes = more damage = killing enemies faster = less time for infection to spread. Before level 50 I prefer only level 1 VD.

There are 3 enemy types in the desert. Barbarian head is needed to start VD in NE desert with the sandpeople and giant scarab riders. Insect head for the areas where the small scarabs and scorpions are (southwest areas). Also, if you start from Jungle teleport, you can start with Animal head and start with the lions. If you start from NW area, from the cave from Thylisum, either Barbarian or Insect should work. (Stone people are barbarians).

The key to getting VD spreading like wildfire is keeping a large mob of diseased baddies following you for most of the time you're running. To start, gather 3-5 enemies of the type you have head equipped (and the most numerous for the spot you start in). Cast GGT and then VD. Stand in one spot/run circles until all the enemies are diseased. Then start running around, gathering as many baddies as you can, re-casting VD 3-5 more times to get as big a mob as you can behind you. I recommend running S-patterns with runspeed about 115%. Now that you have the mob, you can tour the area you are in and it should catch everything without having to switch heads. But, it does work better if you do. ie if you started from NE with sandpeople and you wander into the lion or scorpion areas, if you get a chance, cast GGT and enter inventory and switch heads. My experience has been it takes a good 5-10 mins, of experience trickling in... maybe a small flood of 10-20 here and there ... then WHAM! The screen has experience from top-to-bottom, sometimes lasting 3-4 seconds.

Edited by essjayehm