Questions about build, Combat Art rotation - Looking for melee tank seraphim

xBlubli

Hey all!

This is the first time I play the game for real. I made a character, but I managed to screw her build up.

I wanna do a tank seraphim who carries a sword and a shield (or in other words; a seraphim who focus on melee), but I'm confused about what the best build might be.

So far I'm level 5 and have already taken Exalted Warrior Focus and Tactics Lore, don't know if that was a mistake, but if someone would be so kind to suggest a good build to me, I will be very happy! :P

I have been looking myself for a good build, but there are quite many out there, so that is why I have created a topic in here. :(

I am also in doubt about what Combat Arts to use in combat, so some directions/pointers to which ones I should use and in which order will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance and the very best regards!

Welcome to DarkMatters, xBlubli!

Antitrust's seraphim Dw'er is reputedly the standard against which all other seraphims are judged. A melee'er that can bargain and looks good while doing it, perhaps take out the Duel Wield pick and substitute something of your own?

The Queen of Blades

:(

gogo

Welcome to DarkMatters, xBlubli!

Antitrust's seraphim Dw'er is reputedly the standard against which all other seraphims are judged. A melee'er that can bargain and looks good while doing it, perhaps take out the Duel Wield pick and substitute something of your own?

The Queen of Blades

:(

gogo

Thanks for the quick answer and the suggestion! :P

If no other answers come, I think this is the one I will stick to.

Thanks a bunch!

I was looking at it...you know it's interesting...there doesn't seem to be very many simple shield sword guides out there... makes me think.

Thanks are pretty strong...I bet you could do some great boss killing, legendary hunting with a seraphim like that.

Consider switching out the dw skill for perhaps shield lore or something else more esoteric?

:hugs:

gogo

I was looking at it...you know it's interesting...there doesn't seem to be very many simple shield sword guides out there... makes me think.

Thanks are pretty strong...I bet you could do some great boss killing, legendary hunting with a seraphim like that.

Consider switching out the dw skill for perhaps shield lore or something else more esoteric?

:)

gogo

Yeah, I was thinking about shield lore too, but I don't know how many points to put into it. :hugs:

Should I max it?

*Edit*

I was actually also considering Speed Lore, since it increases attack and defense, but I don't know if it is that good? :)

Regards! :)

Edited by xBlubli

The Queen of Blades was my first build. That's an excellent place to learn the ropes. and it can be a bargainer if you want. that helps a lot with a new player that has no goodies stored up in the chest.

The Queen of Blades was my first build. That's an excellent place to learn the ropes. and it can be a bargainer if you want. that helps a lot with a new player that has no goodies stored up in the chest.

Okay, cool! :hugs: Nice to hear that it has been thoroughly tested! :)

Thanks for the reply! :)

gogo

Yeah, I was thinking about shield lore too, but I don't know how many points to put into it. :hugs:

Should I max it?

*Edit*

I was actually also considering Speed Lore, since it increases attack and defense, but I don't know if it is that good? :)

The benefits of speed lore are minimal. the Battle Stance buff on the Queen of Blades will give you all the attack and defense you need. and casting the dashing altricity mini buff gives you all the run and attack speed you need. going with Shield and Sword lore is not a bad idea, but that will cut your damage in half. two weapons = 2 hits. I enjoyed using Dual Orc shocks at about level 75. they made a very satisfying thud! thud! when she hit.

gogo

Should I max it?

*Edit*

The benefits of speed lore are minimal. the Battle Stance buff on the Queen of Blades will give you all the attack and defense you need. and casting the dashing altricity mini buff gives you all the run and attack speed you need. going with Shield and Sword lore is not a bad idea, but that will cut your damage in half. two weapons = 2 hits. I enjoyed using Dual Orc shocks at about level 75. they made a very satisfying thud! thud! when she hit.

Yes it may cut my damage in half, but I think I will make up for that in defense and so. The shield lore will give me some exstra defense, which probably will make me stronger defense wise. :)

gogo

Should I max it?

*Edit*

Yes it may cut my damage in half, but I think I will make up for that in defense and so. The shield lore will give me some exstra defense, which probably will make me stronger defense wise. :)

Agreed, byit read yip com the battle stance buff with the mods for evade and reflect. You won't need shield. If you are really concerned. The rev tech focus and warding lore. The you'll never have to worry. Also read antitrusts thread on the queen of blades. I bet he addressed it in there.

Good luck with your build. Happy hunting!

I have just one little question left:

The runes, or whatever they are called, the ones that raises your Combat Art's level and which you can either choose to memorize or socket into your armour.

What should I do with them? I have read that "eating" too many runes is a bad thing, but what should I do with them then?

Thanks in advance and regards! :hugs:

I would say use the runes into Dashing Alacrity and Battle Stance, and use "Regen Per Hit" to counter the regen penalties if it gets too high.

I would say use the runes into Dashing Alacrity and Battle Stance, and use "Regen Per Hit" to counter the regen penalties if it gets too high.

Still being a beginner; what do you exactly mean by saying, "use "Regen Per Hit""? :hugs:

Thanks for the response! :)

Hello all!

Some time ago I've got an interesting thought: a melee ExWarrior/RevTech seraphim that would "work" just like my Shadow Warrior:

Almost invulnerable and being able to choose any weapon skill you want: Swords (for 2h), DW or Polearms.

So what I'm going for:

a) Defense - Damage Mitigation, Evade, Reflect, loads of HP plus energy shield.

b) Damage - Thinking about these:

Thunderstrike (hell yeah, I'm the lucky owner of this) socketed for LL if you pick Swords,

2xBoneslicer (or something similar) socketed for Disregard Armor for DW,

and %LL polearm socketed for LL (or Disregard Armor polearm)

plus 3 pieces of jewelry with %deathblow.

Skills.. I think about:

Tactics Lore (master first)

Ex.Warrior Focus (+1 every lvlup)

<weapon skill choice>

RevTech Focus (+1 every lvlup)

Armor Lore (5 pts, it will be mastered third)

Constitution (master second)

RevTech Lore

Toughness

Concentration

Warding Energy Lore

(I'm not sure about other skill's mastery order)

Toughness combined with DM gear and reflect should provide a good defense, but I'm confused a little about Combat Reflexes. Think it may be useful.

So, Battle Stance will be modded for atk/evade/reflect, Warding Energy for reflect ranged/reflect spells/block.

So what do you think about this? Maybe some improvements?

Edited by ololcat
Hello all!

Some time ago I've got an interesting thought: a melee ExWarrior/RevTech seraphim that would "work" just like my Shadow Warrior:

Almost invulnerable and being able to choose any weapon skill you want: Swords (for 2h), DW or Polearms.

So what I'm going for:

a) Defense - Damage Mitigation, Evade, Reflect, loads of HP plus energy shield.

b) Damage - Thinking about these:

Thunderstrike (hell yeah, I'm the lucky owner of this) socketed for LL if you pick Swords,

2xBoneslicer (or something similar) socketed for Disregard Armor for DW,

and %LL polearm socketed for LL (or Disregard Armor polearm)

plus 3 pieces of jewelry with %deathblow.

Skills.. I think about:

Tactics Lore (master first)

Ex.Warrior Focus (+1 every lvlup)

<weapon skill choice>

RevTech Focus (+1 every lvlup)

Armor Lore (5 pts, it will be mastered third)

Constitution (master second)

RevTech Lore

Toughness

Concentration

Warding Energy Lore

(I'm not sure about other skill's mastery order)

Toughness combined with DM gear and reflect should provide a good defense, but I'm confused a little about Combat Reflexes. Think it may be useful.

So, Battle Stance will be modded for atk/evade/reflect, Warding Energy for reflect ranged/reflect spells/block.

So what do you think about this? Maybe some improvements?

Pardon me, but why haven't you created your own topic instead of writing in here?

Just a tiny little question more, if you please? :cry:

What should I do with all the runes I collect then? Just store them up in my chest

or should I just throw them away?

Many thanks in advance and the very best regards!

Change them into the above mentioned combat art runes and memorize as much as you can(200 max in each if you have Ice and Blood), and when you have maxed those two you can either save them for your next char or just throw them away if you want.

Change them into the above mentioned combat art runes and memorize as much as you can(200 max in each if you have Ice and Blood), and when you have maxed those two you can either save them for your next char or just throw them away if you want.

Okay, thank you very much, but should I also throw those Pelting Strikes runes away?

After all Pelting Strikes is my main attack, so shouldn't I max that as well? :unsure:

Maybe later, but memorizing to many early will give you extremely high regens that you will need to fill up all your sockets with RPH gear to counter.