Some fairly easy questions from a new player

Hi guys,

I've had the game for a couple of days now, and have some fairly simple questions that I can't seem to find any answers to online:

1. Is there any way to abandon a quest? I picked up some low level quests that I skipped earlier, but when I try to do them, I only get 1 experience per kill, so I figure stuff like this isn't worth it. Is there any way to get rid of these quests on my quest log?

2. I'm getting a little more in depth with my Combat Art's now since, I was just trying to figure out the game at first. Could someone recommend a good build that has a decent Area of Effect to for mobs and also decent up close melee skills? My level 11 is a Dryad, and I like the Viperish Disease for the Area of Effect (DoT), but her melee skills aren't the best. I guess I'm looking for an overall type build with BFG-type range, VP type Area of Effect, and a good up-close melee too.

3. I just bought a mount (horse), and I was wondering if there's some way I could check on it's health, and if so, could it be healed? I spent 10k on it and don't want it dying on me. :-(

4. Is there a listing of all the funny things your character says while AFK. I've actually caught myself going idle in the game just to wait to see what interesting things she'll say next. I personally like the "Aye, for real. It would be totally wicked if you could play on here. Dude, you know" in the Canadian accent lol.

Sorry for all the simple questions, but I can't seem to find these anywhere else. Thanks in advance guys!

[raYne] :twitch:

Hi guys,

I've had the game for a couple of days now, and have some fairly simple questions that I can't seem to find any answers to online:

1. Is there any way to abandon a quest? I picked up some low level quests that I skipped earlier, but when I try to do them, I only get 1 experience per kill, so I figure stuff like this isn't worth it. Is there any way to get rid of these quests on my quest log?

2. I'm getting a little more in depth with my Combat Art's now since, I was just trying to figure out the game at first. Could someone recommend a good build that has a decent Area of Effect to for mobs and also decent up close melee skills? My level 11 is a Dryad, and I like the Viperish Disease for the Area of Effect (DoT), but her melee skills aren't the best. I guess I'm looking for an overall type build with BFG-type range, VP type Area of Effect, and a good up-close melee too.

3. I just bought a mount (horse), and I was wondering if there's some way I could check on it's health, and if so, could it be healed? I spent 10k on it and don't want it dying on me. :-(

4. Is there a listing of all the funny things your character says while AFK. I've actually caught myself going idle in the game just to wait to see what interesting things she'll say next. I personally like the "Aye, for real. It would be totally wicked if you could play on here. Dude, you know" in the Canadian accent lol.

Sorry for all the simple questions, but I can't seem to find these anywhere else. Thanks in advance guys!

[raYne] :twitch:

Hey there welcome Ravyn. First things first. There are no noobies here. We are all the same, some new some old, but the same.

1. You can leave a quest or return to it any time in campaign mode. The low xp you saw is common at low levels. The trick is to jump in a cave and back out to respawn the monsters at your level. After a few more levels this will be less of problem as you won't out level the enemies so quickly.

2. The mounts health is tied to your health. It dies just a sec before you do. So in a way its a life saver. The downside to horses is no buffs. Wait until you get to Orcish Byway and can do the unique mount quest. Way cooler than horses.

Enjoy and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thanks for the help. I have a couple more questions which shouldn't be too hard:

1. Is there any way to put Gold in your Hero chest? I can't seem to figure out a way, so it's probably not possible. I just wanted to transfer money to another character.

2. Do you get more experience per kill on Silver as opposed to Bronze? I.e. Would someone level up faster on the Silver difficulty by getting more experience per monster killed?

3. To try and add people in the game using their PS3 ID's, I would have to add them as friends through PSN right? Sorry new to PS3 also.

Thanks again!

Edited by raYne

1. Nope, to transfer gold with another character you need to be in the same game as them.

2. Yes, you get more experience as you move up a difficulty, however, there are eventually penalties to the experience you get for being to high a level for a difficulty.

3. I dont play PS3 so I cant help you sorry.

Thanks for the help. I have a couple more questions which shouldn't be too hard:

1. Is there any way to put Gold in your Hero chest? I can't seem to figure out a way, so it's probably not possible. I just wanted to transfer money to another character.

2. Do you get more experience per kill on Silver as opposed to Bronze? I.e. Would someone level up faster on the Silver difficulty by getting more experience per monster killed?

3. To try and add people in the game using their PS3 ID's, I would have to add them as friends through PSN right? Sorry new to PS3 also.

Thanks again!

your on console right? transferring gold is tough. usually requires a friend to get only with you. trust worth players can be hard to find but I'll bet someone from Darkmatters can help you.

Silver is definitely faster to level. not a PS3 player, but that's how it worked on XBOX. somebody playing PS3 will be able to help.

Thanks again guys! I really should start making a list of some questions as I keep coming up with them as I play the game, and unfortunately when I Google some, I come up with dead links (some old game sites I guess). Anyways, last 2 questions of the day; promise!

1. I have 50k in gold on my level 12 Dryad and just started a new character (a High Elf - going for the Kat's Pyromancer build). I tried to purchase armor for her, using my Dryad, but the merchant offers only armor level 12+. Is there any way I can purchase lower level armor or does the game have it so it's strictly armor around that current character's level?

2. I read a guide about obtaining a mount at level 1? When I hit level 20-ish with my Dryad, would any PS3 players need help with this, as well as can help me obtain one for my lower characters, or is this practice frowned upon in game?

Thanks again guys for all the help! I promise to refrain from any further questions for the rest of the day! :twitch:

Thanks again guys! I really should start making a list of some questions as I keep coming up with them as I play the game, and unfortunately when I Google some, I come up with dead links (some old game sites I guess). Anyways, last 2 questions of the day; promise!

1. I have 50k in gold on my level 12 Dryad and just started a new character (a High Elf - going for the Kat's Pyromancer build). I tried to purchase armor for her, using my Dryad, but the merchant offers only armor level 12+. Is there any way I can purchase lower level armor or does the game have it so it's strictly armor around that current character's level?

2. I read a guide about obtaining a mount at level 1? When I hit level 20-ish with my Dryad, would any PS3 players need help with this, as well as can help me obtain one for my lower characters, or is this practice frowned upon in game?

Thanks again guys for all the help! I promise to refrain from any further questions for the rest of the day! :twitch:

Gold at low level is hard to come by, at you level though it gets easier. around level 75 the gold really starts getting better and at level 100 you won't want for gold any more. as for shopping I highly recomend you use one of your open character slots to create a HE shopper. take bargaining at level 2 and buy relics with bargaining. then shop and shop to get that bargaining to 15-20 or so. then you can buy amazing gear for you new Pyromancer. items in merchants are at the shoppers level. and usually swing towards the class of the char thats doing the shopping. now this next idea is a losing strategy but buying relics and gems with the level 12. put them in the chared chest. then sell them with the level 2 bargainer and use the money to buy for your new char. you'll loose out as items sell at 1/20th the purchase price but.......

As for players getting online and trading or helping each other out. We are all for it. We live by "as long as your not hurting anyone, anything goes."

First off, play on Silver instead of Bronze. From what I've heard, Bronze is a joke, and Silver provides a fair difficulty.

You can buy stuff, put it in the hero chest, and then sell it with your other characters. Not the most effective method in the world, but it works.

Most of drops you find and stuff you can buy will be based around the character you're playing as (so your Dryad will mostly be able to find/buy Dryad stuff and the High Elf will find/buy High Elf stuff). You will find the occasional piece of equipment for another class. I'm not familiar enough with buying stuff to be able to answer your question more directly.

As a relative newbie myself (with 65+ hours of playtime, heh), I'd highly recommend you play a character class to, say, Level 10 before you look at character builds. Just long enough for you to unlock and play around with every Combat Art and start to get a feel for that character. Otherwise you could easily end up creating a build you dislike, or you might go with one build when you would have preferred another. Personally, I've been taking each character to Level 15 one by one for the achievements (trophies for the PS3?), getting a feel for them in this manner before researching the character builds. You might be surprised with which classes you end up liking if you take the time to try them all. (I had no interest in a Dryad until actually playing one, and I think it's become my second favorite character.)

Don't worry about asking more questions.

Transferring money from one character to another ie-what selling price jewellery is for!

Can't really be done until you have a level 80-ish character. Niob access is preferred. Bargaining I do not believe is requred.

Get some high-value equipment (weapons or armour) with at least 2 slots. Go to merchant and look for "selling price" rings, they MUST be over 100% each and forge them into the equipment (Blind Guardian rewards are best, IMO). When Selling Price > 100%, the value of the item will start to increase! Selling Price = 200% will double the selling price, 300% triple, etc.

Since it costs more money to forge the selling price jewellery into a weapon than the increase you get, it NEVER works for a single character, but you can use richie-rich high-level toon with millions of gold to "transfer" gold to a poor-girl toon.

Edited by essjayehm

Silver definitely will get you levels faster than bronze.

As for transferring coins, you could try setting up a second account on the PS3 and creating a char using that account (must be able to log into the PSN) Then, you could start a game with that char, log in your 'real' char, initiate a trade with the second account char, then log out with your 'real' char and log in again with the one you want to transfer coins to. You would need two controllers to do it and it might not work (I dont know why but when my son starts a game, we cant trade, when I start the game, we can trade).

I agree with the High Elf (HE) bargaining plan, I havent done it yet but I do have a bargaining seraphim and a ton of crap in my shared chest (I stash stuff for low level chars, anything with 3 stars, anything worth a lot of coins (my seraphim doesnt really need coins atm but my smaller chars always seem to still) and just about every all-skills ring/pendant that I can).

Thanks again guys. I've pretty much given up on trying to transfer gold from character to character. I made a January Sales Seraphim and she levels a lot faster and collects gold faster than my Dryad did, so I guess I'm doing something right. I'm still confused about Armor Levels though. I read a post about the armor level posted on the piece of armor not really corresponding to your character level. Sacred Wiki states that a level 220 armor item can be used by a level 200. Is there a set value as to the number of levels ahead you can use for armor? I.e. I'm level 10 right now, can I use a level 20 armor set (if I could find one?) Also, I was looking at the armor sets on Sacred Wiki and the lowest level I found for Seraphim was something like Armor Level 210. How would I know when I can use these armor sets and is it worth trying to get a complete set at a lower level? It just seems the more I try to read into things, the more confused I get. :BlobRed:

Also, I completed a quest called "Levied Tax" awhile back, and it even shows up as completed on my Quest Log, but for some reason keeps showing up as a circle on my map as a quest to be done. Is this a glitch or did I miss something on this quest?

Thanks again!

Edited by raYne
Thanks again guys. I've pretty much given up on trying to transfer gold from character to character. I made a January Sales Seraphim and she levels a lot faster and collects gold faster than my Dryad did, so I guess I'm doing something right. I'm still confused about Armor Levels though. I read a post about the armor level posted on the piece of armor not really corresponding to your character level. Sacred Wiki states that a level 220 armor item can be used by a level 200. Is there a set value as to the number of levels ahead you can use for armor? I.e. I'm level 10 right now, can I use a level 20 armor set (if I could find one?) Also, I was looking at the armor sets on Sacred Wiki and the lowest level I found for Seraphim was something like Armor Level 210. How would I know when I can use these armor sets and is it worth trying to get a complete set at a lower level? It just seems the more I try to read into things, the more confused I get. :BlobRed:

Also, I completed a quest called "Levied Tax" awhile back, and it even shows up as completed on my Quest Log, but for some reason keeps showing up as a circle on my map as a quest to be done. Is this a glitch or did I miss something on this quest?

Thanks again!

Armour levels - If you're looking in the Wiki at set pieces, they start dropping at level 15! Review "Farmer Schot's guide to growing level 20 sets" if you want to get some lower-level armours, otherwise most sets drop at or around your character level. Some of the wiki pictures were gathered by level 200 toons, which explains why they are level 210.

Yes, there is a set #of levels above your charlevel for armour that you can wear. I've had my Armour Lore telling me I can use level 60 armour without penalty, but it was not equippable by me because I was only level 48(?)-ish at the time. The name of the armour was coloured orange. I am not sure what the factor is to determine that restriction, tho. (120% of charlevel is my best guess)

Levied tax is the MAIN QUEST. Main quest shows on map as gold circles. Main quest people you have to talk to have ?! in gold above their head, whereas sidequest people have ? OR ! above thier head (and are grey or blue-coloured on map.)

Edited by essjayehm

Yep, this game is definitely addictive. I'm getting hooked on it with WoW proportions. I was curious about the mount quest. I read the write-ups from GoGo and Schot and am thinking about trying this quest now. I'm a level 18 Seraphim (January Sales build with no set armor yet). I read on Sacred Wiki that this quest is usually done between levels 15-20, but I also read from a Playstation board that this shouldn't be tried by a Seraphim until level 25 or so. I would usually wait, but seeing as how the prices get higher as you level, I wanted to ask you guys on your experience with this quest and what levels have you attempted this with SP? Thanks again guys! Must say, the forums for Sacred 2 are, by far, a LOT more helpful and friendly than most other games and MMORPGs I've played! :drinks:

Hey hey raYne. It can depend on a lot of factors as to how hard the quest will be. Level 18 should be fine. If anything you may run into a bit of trouble when it comes time to fight the T-Mutants. Just take your time around them and get comfortable fighting them. Be sure to buy some strong magic relics too! From my own experience I remember the T-Mutants could be very hard. This being in the days where I was just starting off so I didn't have any uber shoppers or smithers back then. If it is too hard you could always try getting your mount in Bronze. Oh and be sure to do it in a campaign server. That way you can return to the campaign server whenever you want and the Mount Quest will still be completed. :drinks:

Thanks for the advice! I did a trial run just now with my messed up VD Dryad build in Bronze and this wasn't hard at all. I started crossing the wall into Chapter 2 at level 12 and by the time I got my mount, was halfway through 13. This was an SP run just to see if I could do it in Silver with my level 18 Seraphim. The only tough part was the T-Mutant Spider on the 3rd series. That actually made me use a couple of light healing pots, but other than that, fairly easy. Now I just have to figure out where to park my horse since I got the new mount. BTW, it cost 38k at level 13 in Bronze, so I'm expecting around 50-60 with my Seraphim.

If anyone needs help with this on the PS3, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks again for the help guys!

:woot:

***EDIT: I thought I had misplaced my Monitor Lizard. I mounted it, and teleported to Sloeford and "parked" it there. I went back to Mount Island for my horse, and did the same. When I got back to Sloeford, I couldn't find the Monitor Lizard anymore and whenever I try to summon, the horse is the one that responds. I guess if this happens, just restart the game and both mounts will appear side by side next to you. :drinks:

Edited by raYne
***EDIT: I thought I had misplaced my Monitor Lizard. I mounted it, and teleported to Sloeford and "parked" it there. I went back to Mount Island for my horse, and did the same. When I got back to Sloeford, I couldn't find the Monitor Lizard anymore and whenever I try to summon, the horse is the one that responds. I guess if this happens, just restart the game and both mounts will appear side by side next to you. :drinks:

I dont know if you can do this on consoles, but on the PC in the invertory you can switch between a character screen and a mount screen where you can then select either your normal or unique mount, whichever one is selected is the one that gets summoned, so there may be something similar that you can do.

Edited by Dragon Brother
***EDIT: I thought I had misplaced my Monitor Lizard. I mounted it, and teleported to Sloeford and "parked" it there. I went back to Mount Island for my horse, and did the same. When I got back to Sloeford, I couldn't find the Monitor Lizard anymore and whenever I try to summon, the horse is the one that responds. I guess if this happens, just restart the game and both mounts will appear side by side next to you. :twitch:

I dont know if you can do this on consoles, but on the PC in the invertory you can switch between a character screen and a mount screen where you can then select either your normal or unique mount, whichever one is selected is the one that gets summoned, so there may be something similar that you can do.

There's a mount screen on consoles. Just click on the unique mount first and then summon.