A question about combos - Rousing command and Killing spree?

Hey, so glad I found this site. I put off getting this game many times but somehow always new I was going to love it. Just not this much. Anyway, I am a shadow warrior and I was wondering if I would be better off putting buffs such as killing spree and rousing command in a combo or just using the regular slot options? Also, why would you want to put a spell into a combo but just use it as a regular skill? I read something in regards to this. Thanks for any opinions, advice, guidance.

The idea behind putting single Combat Arts into a combo is the regen bonus it gives if you have picked combat discipline as one of your skills. Before mastery, combat disc. provides a 10% regen bonus to combos, which if its a single Combat Art combo allows you to cast it with 10% less regen than on its own and at mastery this changes to 20%. As for the minibuffs, putting them in a combo can be handy, especially when fighting bosses as it allows you to cast them all at once and then switch to your main offensive Combat Art.

The idea behind putting single Combat Arts into a combo is the regen bonus it gives if you have picked combat discipline as one of your skills. Before mastery, combat disc. provides a 10% regen bonus to combos, which if its a single Combat Art combo allows you to cast it with 10% less regen than on its own and at mastery this changes to 20%. As for the minibuffs, putting them in a combo can be handy, especially when fighting bosses as it allows you to cast them all at once and then switch to your main offensive Combat Art.

you are missing one other huge bonus for combos: the ability to cast two Combats Arts sequentially regardless of the regen time of each individual combat art.

Let's say you are a spell slinging inquisitor and you want to deliver a beatdown with your Crowd Control combat arts like clusering Maelstom, and Levin Array

Problem: The enemies have very high HP, and don't seem to be dying from your combats arts. When you try to raise the level of these arts, the regen time means you cannot cast levin arracy right after Clustering Maelstrom becasue clusterying is still undergoing regen.

Enter the combo. Now, regardless of how High Clustering Melstrom and Levin Array get, you can cast both in short succession. Hpefully this wipes out ALL the mobs, and you have access to regular attacks or Combat Arts from another aspect until the combo has regened.