Help with converting character to use on Steam?

I have the original sacred and I still have the save file on my old laptop, but the cd's got broken so I can't reinstall the game, but I have the game now and the expansion though steam, it says wrong charter format, is there a program or anyone who could convert my old charter to be able to use it on the version I have though steam? and it's sacred gold I have on steam, or am I kinda screwed in that aspect?

Hey there Chris and welcome aboard the [D.a.r.k] ship matey. :D

It could be that your saves are incompatible because they come from an earlier version of Sacred. In order to be able to play save games they need to have been in the save game folder while you were patching Sacred. You'll have to uninstall/reinstall Sacred 2. Do you know what patch version the save games are from? What was the last patch you installed on the original?

Hey there Chris and welcome aboard the [D.a.r.k] ship matey. :D

It could be that your saves are incompatible because they come from an earlier version of Sacred. In order to be able to play save games they need to have been in the save game folder while you were patching Sacred. You'll have to uninstall/reinstall Sacred 2. Do you know what patch version the save games are from? What was the last patch you installed on the original?

that 's kinda the problem, like I said... I had to buy the game on steam because I can't find the disks at any store, I can't reinstall the game at all since it is downloaded though steam. that's my problem. that is why I am trying to figure out how I can resolve this issue... I only have 2 charters but I can't fix them since I cant reinstall from a cd.. and if I use steam to backup the game on to dvd it makes the install with the full updates automatically, sorry any other ideals?

Ah, I see. Hmmm. Well. You could try uninstalling it and when it is done put your save games into where ever it is that the steam version puts Sacred Underworld save games. Then when you re-install Sacred Underworld there is a chance that those save games will get updated. Make sure when you uninstall that you choose to not delete your save games.

Good Luck!

Ah, I see. Hmmm. Well. You could try uninstalling it and when it is done put your save games into where ever it is that the steam version puts Sacred Underworld save games. Then when you re-install Sacred Underworld there is a chance that those save games will get updated. Make sure when you uninstall that you choose to not delete your save games.

Good Luck!

steam don't give that option, you can only delete the game and everything not uninstall it auctly...

Ok, then find the path to the steam save games and remember it, then uninstall/delete Sacred 2, then recreate the path that the save game folder was, put your old saved games into that folder and then reinstall. :D

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas. ^^

Ok, then find the path to the steam save games and remember it, then uninstall/delete Sacred 2, then recreate the path that the save game folder was, put your old saved games into that folder and then reinstall. :bye:

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas. ^^

and it's the original version of sacred from 04 if that helps any I am trying to reinstall it from steam and see what it does, with the safe files intact, but it fully updates it automatically when you install I can't stop that...

These savegames you have, is those from Sacred 1 without any patches or Plus/Underworld installed?

Edited by Spunky
These savegames you have, is those from Sacred 1 without any patches or Plus/Underworld installed?

no just the original like I said... and I borrowed the cd's to install the game from a friend and it does not work on windows 7 professional... I am redownloading the game though steam though..