Two quick questions on the Temple Guardian.

I was looking at vaclaf's Mechanix X-E, the Ultimate Lost Fusion Build here and was thinking about possibilities for the 10th skill. I searched but none of the Temple Guardian guides even mentions ancient magic at all, I think it would be useful though for both the increased damage and reduced enemy resistances.

Also, I'm thinking about making the character with Expert Touch, and one thing that would help cement that decision is whether or not Deathly Spears is compatible with regen per hit modifiers.

Thanks!

Temple guardian don't have Ancient magic at all. :)

Every Combat Art is compatible with regeneration per hit bonus, but you can only reduce regen time with RpH, not the cooldown of a spell.

Edited by Woody

Regen per Hit works great for the Spears. On my TG I use Battle Extension active only and left click attacks for the regen per hit. Spears can be eaten past malus for the multi pulse. And also once you hit spears and they start pulsing you can use another combat art while the pulse is happening.

Regen per Hit works great for the Spears. On my TG I use Battle Extension active only and left click attacks for the regen per hit. Spears can be eaten past malus for the multi pulse. And also once you hit spears and they start pulsing you can use another combat art while the pulse is happening.

I can't believe I never noticed that Ancient Magic isn't even available for the TG, arg.

I am relieved to hear that DS works with regen per hit. I wonder if that's enough of a saving grace for me to choose Expert Magic.

One update on this issue, I did choose Expert Touch, and everything has been fine so far.

However, Deathly Spears and regen/hit don't seem compatible in my experience. Battle Extension and Dedicated Blow both trigger regen/hit when I've tested them, but Deathly Spears does not.

One update on this issue, I did choose Expert Touch, and everything has been fine so far.

However, Deathly Spears and regen/hit don't seem compatible in my experience. Battle Extension and Dedicated Blow both trigger regen/hit when I've tested them, but Deathly Spears does not.

Yeah, what furian meant was that he uses normal melee (left click) attacks to trigger the regen per hit and just casts deathly spears at a high combat art level. Regen per hit only triggers with melee based combat arts so not for spells, although there are a couple of exceptions...like archangels wrath for the seraphim does trigger it.