Scarabs aren't quite right, are they

I know the patch 2.65.1 fixed them up so they give experience but they aren't very competitive now. Most of them have these stats for me:

avgscarabc.jpg

Whereas some have:

nonavgscarabc.jpg

I am sure the ones with good stats aren't all champions, it isn't that obvious how it works them out. 1 normal scarab will have stats, the next won't.

If all the non champs have no stats, I can understand why they never gave experience originally in Ice and Blood as they are no challenge and might as well not exist.

This still happens in the CM patch too. I wonder if its fixable.

Poor scarabs, they look so cute with their big goofy maws

Thanks...this is the first time someone gave me a really useful report about this. Mostly I hear the dont give experience, but when I tested it they did. Helps to know that only some of them do this.

Now I suspect there is an issue with the template-creature id...

I will put it in the Bugtracker, but can you tell me if this happened maybe only in a specific region/sector?

Edited by czevak

There aren't many scarabs outside the desert though there are a few around in various quests. I will keep an eye on them, I have confirmed it is the non champions who have no stats.

offtopic: the fist weapons have given me another reason to enjoy having dual wield/sword weapons. Shame both I have need mastery. Are there any uniques?

burninghands.jpg

Edited by colif
There aren't many scarabs outside the desert though there are a few around in various quests. I will keep an eye on them, I have confirmed it is the non champions who have no stats.

offtopic: the fist weapons have given me another reason to enjoy having dual wield/sword weapons. Shame both I have need mastery. Are there any uniques?

Yes, they are pretty awesome...uniques...no, not atm. I'm afraid. Sorry. But maybe in a little while.

I fixed the scarabs btw. They lacked the complete set of creatureboni, except the one giving Experience. (Which must have been added in a recent patch, I think.)

Look:

Before:

scaravor.jpg

After Fix:

scaranach.jpg

I used some of the stats the champions have and debuffed them a little. And then I made some minor changes for funsies. (Like giving them a small attackspeed bonus...)

Edited by czevak
I used some of the stats the champions have and debuffed them a little. And then I made some minor changes for funsies. (Like giving them a small attackspeed bonus...)

170% attack speed for scarabs! :o

As useless as they seem (even when working correctly) they have their place... No shame in saying I've been killed by the little beetles myself. Nevermind the Big Green Scorpion who spanked me for 90% of my health one second earlier.

Yes, they are pretty awesome...uniques...no, not atm. I'm afraid. Sorry. But maybe in a little while.

I fixed the scarabs btw. They lacked the complete set of creatureboni, except the one giving Experience. (Which must have been added in a recent patch, I think.)

Look:

Before:

scaravor.jpg

After Fix:

scaranach.jpg

Czevak, you never cease to amaze me :P Can't wait for this to be put into the next patch.