I was just thinking; we're a pretty diverse group of people from all around this planet of ours... and chances are we all like music. With this in mind, I'm going to make a request: Give some musical suggestions (bands, songs, albums, whatever) to the rest of us, preferably something that isn't readily available out of your region.

We have people from the UK, Australia, various parts of North America and Europe, surely there is a fair diversity in what people are listening to.

Keane - Under the Iron Sea. Its there latest album, and if you liked the first one you WILL like this one, IMHO.

Zero7 - The Garden, also a latest, but a tad different from some of there other offerings. Definitely worth a listen if you want something more laid back

In Flames, HIM, Iron Maiden, Satyricon, David Bowie, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Therion, Thyrfing, Slayer, Finntroll, Moonspell, Wasp, KoRn, Slipknot, Anthrax, Nightwish, Disturbed, Morgoth, Agathodaimon, Pantera (A bit) Thirteenth Exile (hardly).

That was in no particular order

/woot

~Doom

Well there are several styles of music that I like but if I had to rank the styles I'd put them as:

Deep House, Electro jazz, Electro, trip hop (does the term still stand?), some classical and even managed to find a couple of opera songs to like, in electro form of course. :D

Well with that said I would suggest checking out Playgroups video called Number 1 found here: Number 1

Also this thread is an excellent example of some faves of the members here: What are you listening to?

P.S.

Oh this one is just too good not to post. Good O'l Fatboy still gots style...

That Old Pair Of Jeans

Ya, that yotube was real nice, I only like "metal" if it comes as "Stainless Steel" or at least as the sound of sword... :) luckily that musictaste is free and up to the listener...

• 1 month later...

I suppose it would be cool to make some suggestions of my own. I'm going to stick to Canadian artists;

.: The Super Friendz - indie rock funness

.: The Flashing Lights - an offshoot band of the Super Friendz; quite similar

.: Hayden - indie folk rock

.: Sloan - pretty varied rock/alt/indie/pop sounds, they've changed fairly greatly through their career

.: The Inbreds - indie of the bass/drum duo variety

.: Julie Doiron - folk/singer songwriter type stuff, quite endearing

and I could go on :)

For Erialc and Ince the other day I set up a shoutcast to stream out what I'm currently listening to; if you like you can tune in through WinAmp (or a few other players) at http://mirrorpool.dyndns.org:8000

Oh that's got me curious Ankhanu. Is the shoutcast you set up a stream of music that you own? Effectively Djing? I would love to be able to do that! :)

Sloan, wow. Talk about flashback. Me and friends used to listen to them quite often. Good stuff they is. :devil:

Yeah, I'm DJing through WinAmp, the Shoutcast DSP plugin and a Shoutcast server on my system. I own a fair number of the songs I'm playing, some are stolen...

Right now the selection is fairly limited, but I'm going to get a HDD enclosure this week (hopefully they'll get some in stock this week) and I'll have access to my full collection (~32Gb)... which still feels limited :)

They're pretty easy to set up. If you have the bandwidth, just pop over to shoutcast.com and download the appropriate software. Of course, you can have stream bitrates anywhere from 24 to 320kbps, so bandwidth isn't always an issue, though, of course, quality is garbage at lower rates.

Ankhu Radio Rocks!!

/yay /woot /yay

Well I'm still listening to amongst lots of other stuff...Artic Monkeys....Happy Mondays...hehe a blast from the past eh...ooh and Ankhu Radio!!