In The Works for Sacred 2

Still no luck on the combat art rune issue?

Also, I still havn't found where to edit the godpowers.. Any help?

Thanks dude, you da' man!

find this line ( aspect = "EA_GOD_ANY" ) in spell.txt n edit....

Hiya, sorry for the late reply lol. Been little caught up in digging in the games files. I must say, The answers are staring me right in the face to everything I'm trying to do LOL!

it's just easy to respawn bosses without quest. I think u just need edit respawn.txt n add boss id in a region

Have you tried this? I didnt try it. It just dosent seem like the right file too edit.

Sorry flyingfox. Been little caught up on adding things in. But try out macs method in the god area. If not, I'll get right on your troubles.

Serahpim Elite (Enemy NPC)

------------------------------------

seraphimelite.jpg

seraphimelite0.jpg

So as far as the scripting goes, It is possible too add in custom quest base on the coding. But I have not atempted this yet. I still need too figure out some other things before I get too this area. Soon as I done this, I will get too atempting to adding in custom quest.

After all this, I will start on a mod for Sacred 2. Technically I test out a game too see how far I can go into modding, if the game is flexible, I start on mods.

Edited by icemember
Hiya, sorry for the late reply lol. Been little caught up in digging in the games files. I must say, The answers are staring me right in the face to everything I'm trying to do LOL!

it's just easy to respawn bosses without quest. I think u just need edit respawn.txt n add boss id in a region

Have you tried this? I didnt try it. It just dosent seem like the right file too edit.

Sorry flyingfox. Been little caught up on adding things in. But try out macs method in the god area. If not, I'll get right on your troubles.

Serahpim Elite (Enemy NPC)

------------------------------------

seraphimelite.jpg

seraphimelite0.jpg

So as far as the scripting goes, It is possible too add in custom quest base on the coding. But I have not atempted this yet. I still need too figure out some other things before I get too this area. Soon as I done this, I will get too atempting to adding in custom quest.

After all this, I will start on a mod for Sacred 2. Technically I test out a game too see how far I can go into modding, if the game is flexible, I start on mods.

I have tested it, n it works fine on me........

It's me again.

I was thinking about the whole combat rune problem I encountered, and thought that maybe I could solve it if I could change the Seraphim's Celestial Magic Focus and Lore to Astute Supremacy Focus and Lore. This way it might work.

I just don't know if and where I can edit the available skills for a class..

Any help?

Wow! This is some pretty crazy stuff. I think it would be fun to mess around with stuff like this...too bad I don't have the patience XD;;

I've always wondered about changing armor appearance, or character appearance, for specific characters (ie. getting a seraphim to look like an inquisitor soldier, or modding a red set of armor to be a gold one, stuff like that). Any ideas, good sir guru?

Thanks for everything!

~Jaggy

FlyingFox, couldn't you "just" copy the tokens on the seraphim's Baneful Smite to be the same as the Inquisitor's Levin Array, though you'd have to change the gfx it's using as well, rather than change the CA that the seraphim's using. This should mean that you've got a Baneful Smite that works the same as Levin Array, but still uses Baneful Smite's runes/skills/etc.

icemember, if you could work out how to edit the localisation files, there's a lot more in the way of modding that we could do... :) Like totally change the mods on a CA & have the descriptions reflect the changes, or correct the tooltips...

Edit: IIRC, the Godspells are in the Spells.txt, though I can't remember what they're called, you should be able to modify their affects as easily as any other CA.

One thing I did notice, Sacred 2 seemed to ignore tokens after #10 (or 11) on each CA, which limits how many effects you can add.

FlyingFox, couldn't you "just" copy the tokens on the seraphim's Baneful Smite to be the same as the Inquisitor's Levin Array, though you'd have to change the gfx it's using as well, rather than change the CA that the seraphim's using. This should mean that you've got a Baneful Smite that works the same as Levin Array, but still uses Baneful Smite's runes/skills/etc.

No need, I got it to work perfectly. All you need to do is keep the aspect type default, but change the aspect focus and lore in spells txt. Now my problem is solved,

BUT A NEW AND HORRIBLE ONE HAS RISEN:

Ok, so I kept Exalted Warrior, Replaced Celestial Magic with Astute Supremacy, and Revered Technology with Mentalism (DM).

Everything is working perfect.

BUT.. Both the new aspect's Buffs (Reverse Polarity and Runes of Protection) say "regeneration time +35000%.

SO that kinda sucks. When I switch one of them on (At buff combat art lv.1) on my Lv. 1 Seraphim, my Lv. 1 Pelting strikes have a 258 sec cooldown.

I'm lost with this one. Plz help.

Thanks.

Edited by FlyingFox89

Back earlier than I thought..

Reverse Polarity:

mgr.defineSpell( "in_po_vergeltung", {

eiStateName = "cSpellCast",

fxTypeCast = "FX_INQ_VERGELTUNG_C",

fxTypeSpell = "FX_INQ_VERGELTUNG",

fxTypeCastSpecial = "FX_INQ_CAST_L",

duration = 10.000000,

animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM12",

animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",

animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",

animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM06-SPECIAL",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

entry0 = {"et_chance_reflect_missile", 200, 10, 0, 41 },

entry1 = {"et_hits_persec", 667, 0, 0, 4 },

entry2 = {"et_range_near", 1000, 0, 0, 4 },

entry3 = {"et_chance_reflect_spell", 200, 10, 1, 41 },

entry4 = {"et_spelldamage_magic", 210, 105, 2, 133 },

entry5 = {"et_chance_reflect_CC", 200, 10, 3, 41 },

entry6 = {"et_chance_reflect_missile", 140, 7, 4, 41 },

entry7 = {"et_damping_teamshare", 49, 1, 5, 41 },

entry8 = {"et_baseVW", 100, 50, 6, 5 },

},

fightDistance = 0.000000,

aspect = "EA_IN_POWER",

cooldown = 0.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 450,

cost_base = 450,

focus_skill_name = "skill_SE_celestialmagic_focus",

lore_skill_name = "skill_SE_celestialmagic_lore",

spellClass = "cSpellInqVergeltung",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_t_buff",

sorting_rank = 5,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runes of Protection:

mgr.defineSpell( "dm_me_schutzrunen", {

eiStateName = "cSpellCast",

fxTypeCast = "FX_DM_SCHUTZRUNEN_C",

fxTypeSpell = "FX_DM_SCHUTZRUNEN",

fxTypeCastSpecial = "FX_DM_CAST_L",

duration = 0.000000,

animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM15",

animTypeApproach = "",

animTypeRide = "",

animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM15-SPECIAL",

causesSpellDamage = 1,

tokens = {

entry0 = {"et_chance_block_spell", 250, 3, 0, 41 },

entry1 = {"et_hits_persec", 400, 0, 0, 4 },

entry2 = {"et_range_area", 400, 0, 0, 4 },

entry3 = {"et_base_armor_phy", 150, 100, 0, 41 },

entry4 = {"et_VW_rel", 150, 30, 0, 5 },

entry5 = {"et_chance_stun", 100, 1, 0, 133 },

entry6 = {"et_base_armor_phy", 80, 50, 1, 41 },

entry7 = {"et_chance_stun", 50, 1, 2, 133 },

entry8 = {"et_base_armor_phy", 80, 50, 3, 41 },

entry9 = {"et_chance_block_missile", 250, 3, 4, 37 },

entry10 = {"et_regThisBuff", 250, 0, 5, 8 },

entry11 = {"et_chance_block_spell", 250, 3, 6, 41 },

},

fightDistance = 0.000000,

aspect = "EA_DM_MENTALISM",

cooldown = 0.000000,

soundProfile = 0,

cost_level = 350,

cost_base = 350,

focus_skill_name = "skill_SE_technics_focus",

lore_skill_name = "skill_SE_technics_lore",

spellClass = "cSpellDmSchutzrunen",

spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_t_buff",

sorting_rank = 0,

Very strange, those are (unsurprisingly) the same as the "original" Inquisitor/DM bits...

Have you tried going back to an unmodded Spells.txt & changing the tokens on the two buffs to mirror the Inquisitor/DM buffs that you want?

Hi guys, Too be honest! You guesses are just as good as mine. I myself am still figuring things out.

As for the spell not working pass 9 tokens, depends on the spell, some have friend factors and some dont, Some have levels of effects and some dont. So in the level of effects, you need too tell the spell to work from the start too get your effects working. Other wise your tokens wont work till your requirments are met.

Example: To get the seraphim shield too cover allies, I have too add a friend token: entry10 = {"et_friendfactor", 500, 0, 0, 8 },. Then I had too tell the token too work from the start and cover allies.

If you notice in some spells, they have 2 friendfactor tokens, it means that when the spell mets a certain condition, it will use the new friend factory also. Normally the 1st one means cover 0 allies and only hero, then when the spell levels, it will use the 2ndary friendfactor token and cover allies now too.

So, you must make sure too tell your spells too work form the start using all tokens or wait till the spells reach that level.

This token: {"et_duration_sec", 2000, 10, 0, 8 }, means how long the spell last. The 2000 means 20.00 secs. Add another zero, it means 200.00 secs.

My advice is, keep playing with it, even if it dont work, you will find the answer staring you right in the face. And post your findings for the community too also experiment and share there findings.

Yes, I think I was trying to add more damage elements or something (ie, not mucking about with ally effects). Another thing that I had issues trying to get to work was adding Area of Effect (or even just a chance for Area of Effect) to a buff. What I wanted was for a buff to give an Area of Effect effect to melee attacks (cast the buff & all your left-click attacks have a chance to do Area of Effect in the same way that Demonic Blow can be modded for Area of Effect).

One thing I did manage to do was make the TG's Amplified Discharge homing, more chaining & Area of Effect. :D

I've got a spreadsheet with Spells.txt in it & explainations of most of the tokens (though I could do with finding the explaination of the fourth value in the tokens & adding that in as well), though I can't attach it here. :drinks:

sweet! On the homing thing. The range token would be my best bet in expanding the skill effect. Thought there may be a 2ndary token. But I'll look into it. Just got back from a vaction. Was great fun LOL!

Yes, I think I was trying to add more damage elements or something (ie, not mucking about with ally effects). Another thing that I had issues trying to get to work was adding Area of Effect (or even just a chance for Area of Effect) to a buff. What I wanted was for a buff to give an Area of Effect effect to melee attacks (cast the buff & all your left-click attacks have a chance to do Area of Effect in the same way that Demonic Blow can be modded for Area of Effect).

One thing I did manage to do was make the TG's Amplified Discharge homing, more chaining & Area of Effect. :woot:

I've got a spreadsheet with Spells.txt in it & explainations of most of the tokens (though I could do with finding the explaination of the fourth value in the tokens & adding that in as well), though I can't attach it here. :wow:

There's the page on the wiki you could use (Tokens)...although I think that explains the effect of most of the tokens already. But I think gogo and schot were putting up a download section soonish...you could pester them maybe :wow:

• 2 months later...

Love this thread! Thanks very much for the heads up on the mod-ability of the game. I spent countless months modding Medieval Total War II to my own tastes using milkshape, dds editors and just editing the text files so it's nice to see a new hobby :D

I managed to add Ruthless Mutilation to the SK and replaced Ruinous Onslaught the first try but I noticed the high elf DD spells will not be accepted in the SK's Astral Lord slots for some reason. Perhaps because he is recognized as more melee isntead of caster type of anim. abilities?

Any help is appreciated.

I tried to find the creature type for the Blood Dryads to change the Skeletons of my NE but I can't find the entry, Seems that they are in the mix of over 12900 different types.

• 2 months later...

thanks to all that u mentioned before I managed to change the entire skill tree of my seraphim with almost no problems.

the only problem I now have and I cant fix are the animations... the CAs I got from other characters are using the animation of the original seraphim CA that was in the place where the new one is. for example I gave up radiant pillar and added glacial thorns. but the glacial thorns CA still uses the radiant pillar animation which makes it very slow to cast.

any ideas on how to fix this please:) I have tried looking in the animations.txt but I had no luck. :(

all ideas are appreciated :)