Make sure your game is original copy of Sacred 2

I was browsing the game speech files when I found out that every character class has something to say when people don't play an original copy of Sacred 2.

And I don't think this can be found in any other game....ever!

Max

Edited by gogoblender
Are you kidding?

Break!

lol, can you paste what the phrases are?

Fascinating!

:crazy:

gogo

Well, I have them in French. I'll try to translate.

High Elf Light : Hey, you behind the screen! I am more than disappointed to not find an original version at your house. In our culture, this is an heavy sin that will not stay unpunished.

High Elf Shadow : Hey, you behind the screen! Our mages used a gigantic amount of T-Energy to create the original version of this program. Why do you play with a pirate version?

Shadow Warrior Light : Pirate version. The original version is available at a retailer near you.

Shadow Warrior Shadow : Halt! This is not an original version. Whoever will distribute this copy will undergo my anger.

Temple Guardian Light : Program analysis completed. Illegal version detected. Requesting the purchase of an original version to ensure good performance.

Temple Guardian Shadow : Program analysis completed. Failed the verification of the original version. Destruction of written data...

Dryad Light : The trees whispered to my ear that you are not using an original version. Be doomed if you don't but an original version of Sacred 2!

Dryad Shadow : The trees whispered to my ear that you are not using an original version. Be doomed if you don't but an original version of Sacred 2!

Seraphim Light : Impossible to get me wrong. This version has not been created by the mighty creator. Acknowledge, this is a pirate copy!

Inquisitor Shadow : I can smell the forces of evil. Someone tried to play *(the eye?)*? This is not an original version of this program. I will have to act accordingly.

Dragon Mage Light : By the horns of the almighty dragon, are you playing with a miserable copy? Go get the original.

There is no file for the shadow Dragon Mage.

I love what they're all saying!

Max

Are you kidding?

Break!

lol, can you paste what the phrases are?

Fascinating!

gogo

Well, I have them in French. I'll try to translate.

High Elf Light : Hey, you behind the screen! I am more than disappointed to not find an original version at your house. In our culture, this is an heavy sin that will not stay unpunished.

High Elf Shadow : Hey, you behind the screen! Our mages used a gigantic amount of T-Energy to create the original version of this program. Why do you play with a pirate version?

Shadow Warrior Light : Pirate version. The original version is available at a retailer near you.

Shadow Warrior Shadow : Halt! This is not an original version. Whoever will distribute this copy will undergo my anger.

Temple Guardian Light : Program analysis completed. Illegal version detected. Requesting the purchase of an original version to ensure good performance.

Temple Guardian Shadow : Program analysis completed. Failed the verification of the original version. Destruction of written data...

Dryad Light : The trees whispered to my ear that you are not using an original version. Be doomed if you don't but an original version of Sacred 2!

Dryad Shadow : The trees whispered to my ear that you are not using an original version. Be doomed if you don't but an original version of Sacred 2!

Seraphim Light : Impossible to get me wrong. This version has not been created by the mighty creator. Acknowledge, this is a pirate copy!

Inquisitor Shadow : I can smell the forces of evil. Someone tried to play *(the eye?)*? This is not an original version of this program. I will have to act accordingly.

Dragon Mage Light : By the horns of the almighty dragon, are you playing with a miserable copy? Go get the original.

There is no file for the shadow Dragon Mage.

I love what they're all saying!

Max

Awesome Max! I have never known this was inside the game. Would you mind if your or me made a topic about this over at the Sacred International Forum? Your translations are amazing, and I'd love to get the verbatim English for reference on the Wiki.

Great work here, thank you!

:0

gogo

Haha, great stuff!

Wish they had also putten something in the code that made it crash when using a false copy(more than it usually do...) as I heard of other games that had it, and it crashed constantly.

Would you mind if your or me made a topic about this over at the Sacred International Forum?

No I don't mind, it will be fun to read what others think about this on the SIF.

Max

ahhhhhhhhh

Okay, well,I split these posts off from the original topic, maybe they'll catch someones eye who can help us...I'll make a post at SIF as well...

All about those lines!

gogo

Can you imagine having a bootleg copy and starting up a TG for the first time? Think that would scare me to the store.

Hahaha, that's excellent. I'm glad to see there are some game companies that understand, and can see the humour in, the fact that there will always be people who pirate games.

It's such a massive game (complexity and file size wise) and those who are pirating it are missing out on the multiplayer aspects.. which we all know are the best bits!

Dang, we need this! Spunky are you able to pull out their dialogue?

]

Must...Have...this

:bounce:

gogo

These voice files are located inside the speechq.zip / speechlq.zip (high / low quality) packages under the following directory structure (in Ogg Vorbis format):

Dryad

\speech\dr\original_dryad_bad.ogg

\speech\dr\original_dryad_good.ogg

High Elf

\speech\he\original_highelf_bad.ogg

\speech\he\original_highelf_good.ogg

... and so on.

Winamp or any musicplayer can play them. :)

I play a seraphim, she complains about everything anyway, so would I have missed 1 more complaint? I doubt it.

I assume most people who have hard these lines know their copy isn't legal and aren't going to complain.

I play a seraphim, she complains about everything anyway, so would I have missed 1 more complaint? I doubt it.

I assume most people who have hard these lines know their copy isn't legal and aren't going to complain.

It makes me wonder what would trigger these lines thought, I would think the game just wouldn't work at some early point.

Edited by MageMaster

I don't get most of those, nd mine's cracked... tho I do get the HE complaints, which I thought that was weird :superman: I'm really tempted 2 buy for the m'player aspect tho tho this game doesn't exist anywhere in stores on PC :'(

I don't get most of those, nd mine's cracked... tho I do get the HE complaints, which I thought that was weird :superman: I'm really tempted 2 buy for the m'player aspect tho tho this game doesn't exist anywhere in stores on PC :'(
I couldn't find it in a shop anywhere. I think I looked in every game retailer in Brisbane!

Your best bet is to buy it from the links here on dark matters. It's a bit of a download, but the price is right :)

We need more Aussies playing!

Lies! oh wait, thats me...

Don't bother looking in shops, I got my copy online but I am trying to find the link

Here is a link to Gold: Sacred 2 Gold

Offtopic: Hey AussieBob, do you have a PS3? I saw someone with that name in Modnation Racers a few days ago.

Edited by colif

Or you can purchase it by following the links at the top of the forum page. Im pretty certain eb games dont sell it any more, I got my collectors edition of just S2FA from gametraders...they may sell it still. But the expansion you will have to purchase online.

Lies! oh wait, thats me...

Don't bother looking in shops, I got my copy online but I am trying to find the link

Here is a link to Gold: Sacred 2 Gold

Offtopic: Hey AussieBob, do you have a PS3? I saw someone with that name in Modnation Racers a few days ago.

If you get it instead from the links on this page at top, like Dragon Brother posted, this site gets money that is applied to hosting SacredWiki and DarkMatters

:superman:

gogo