I broke my game :(

I broke my game :(

Was playing for a bit this morning and put a weapon in the shared stash to forge, logged out to change to my forger and logged back in fine. Forged an ammy into a silver slot, put it back into the chest and logged out again. When trying to log back in with my niob mage the game will CTD when trying to connect to the server. It will say connecting to server, then show one of the tips screens, do a little flicker and then CTD :)

I've tried logging in with different toons on the account into free and campaign servers but it still CTD's. Tried restarting the computer and the router, used the sacred2 file cleaner, deleted the options.txt. It works fine in SP but not closed.net HC.

I have a dual boot set up so tried running in XP and Win7(seperate hard drives and Sacred 2 installs) but still the same.

It feels like I've somehow corrupted my account :)

Searching on the SIF didnt throw up and clues so has anyone had a similar problem?

Today I have been having this issue also. I would rub my lucky coin, turn my grafics down to nothing and keep trying. I don't know what the issue is really but when I keep trying I can get into closed net. The last week I've been playing ALOT of offline CM patch. I figured the little gremlins inside my computer were having a fit. Keep trying play a bit with minimal settings on the vid card. It worked for me

Today I have been having this issue also. I would rub my lucky coin, turn my grafics down to nothing and keep trying. I don't know what the issue is really but when I keep trying I can get into closed net. The last week I've been playing ALOT of offline CM patch. I figured the little gremlins inside my computer were having a fit. Keep trying play a bit with minimal settings on the vid card. It worked for me

Thanks Furian, so this sounds like a server issue then?

can others comfirm this problem to?

Edit: just got into a server with a helpful german player who said that some servers have been like this for days. It has been reported on the german side but he commented on "sleep silver" lol.

so it seem the only way to play is to find a server that works, lots I've tried just crash :)

Edited by Dobster

I've been playing playing pretty solidly for the last 24hrs and I have had this happen a few times. Definitely a server related issue.

Yeah, it's been CTDing for me as well instead of connecting to the gameserver. I've managed to connect to a private server & a campaign server but that's it (out of ~6 or so attempts).

I've been playing solidly as well for last few days... I usually always make my own server... maybe that's the dif? All about the server name... go hippopotamus people!

nice and shiny^^

:)

gogo

The servers need some maintenance, as there are plenty of free play/pvp servers in Niob that have been gone for ages.