Questions about silver gameplay.

1) Should I just do the story mode and not any sidequests in silver and just level by running into enemies along the way because im getting mixed messages here?

2) Is it better to start on bronze then go to silver or just start on silver and go up to niob?

-Shadow.

Do as many or as few sidequests as you want. You get experience for doing them, and it keeps you with various tasks so that you don't feel the grind as much.

Start on Silver: Bronze is a joke to anyone with any gaming experience.

I wouldn't go that far, bronze has it's uses. If someone wants to start on bronze they will have several advantages over someone who rushes silver. For instance starting on bronze allows a person to level up to without any real threat of death, the early quests which give decent experience and gold have roughly the same reward on bronze as on silver and with not even half the difficulty. A wise player or perhaps a crafty one, could start on bronze and unlock all the needed amenities that will make the trip through silver that much easier. Not to mention the mini-bosses on bronze provide some very useful and much needed low level set pieces.

^^; it's hardly a joke really.

1) Should I just do the story mode and not any sidequests in silver and just level by running into enemies along the way because im getting mixed messages here?

2) Is it better to start on bronze then go to silver or just start on silver and go up to niob?

-Shadow.

Silver is tough if you're completely new at game. I know everyone I know starts off in Silver, but this is only because we have resources and some experience with the enemis' strengths. Mounts, gold, runes, armor, etc. For first time players, Bronze is never a bad place to play for awhile until you get the pacing, timing and relative strengths of the enemies understood. Once that's all in your blood, and you have have some equipment build up, you're in a better "space" to make an informed choice.

Course, after a few runs with this game, a lot becomes understood easily, and I would wager you'll eventually get to that point where you would n'er e'en think twice before jumping into Silver to start up a new character.

Take your time, enjoy the learning.

:)

gogo

Thanks guys for the help I guess ill just do some sidequests as im going through campaign and on gold,plat,and niob finish all of em off.I also usually start on silver but just making sure it wasnt a bad choice.

-Shadow.

Edited by ShadowsNitemare

I usually start on silver, though if you want to start on bronze and get a few easy levels/gear pieces that sounds perfectly acceptable, one tip I'd give would be to do the Blind Guardian and Undead Legion quests no matter what difficulty you're on, even if you don't need the instruments/boneslicer for your current character you'll still get some good experience, and selling the quest rewards is great for some quick gold, unless you want to use the items with a different character (I've taken care of all my newer characters' gold needs with the instruments, and have a ton of boneslicers at different levels, so my sword wielding characters almost always have a new weapon to use).

I wouldn't go that far, bronze has it's uses. If someone wants to start on bronze they will have several advantages over someone who rushes silver. For instance starting on bronze allows a person to level up to without any real threat of death, the early quests which give decent experience and gold have roughly the same reward on bronze as on silver and with not even half the difficulty. A wise player or perhaps a crafty one, could start on bronze and unlock all the needed amenities that will make the trip through silver that much easier. Not to mention the mini-bosses on bronze provide some very useful and much needed low level set pieces.

^^; it's hardly a joke really.

I should have been clearer: Bronze, as a "difficulty," is a joke. There are definitely advantages to choosing it for an experienced player who wants that early game boost, as you said. But for a newbie? It just encourages bad builds (that won't hold up down the road), and it makes the game feel easier than it is.

If somebody wants to play from a completely casual standpoint, Bronze is okay. But for any newbie wanting a real taste of the game? I'd say start with Silver.

Silver is tough if you're completely new at game. I know everyone I know starts off in Silver, but this is only because we have resources and some experience with the enemis' strengths. Mounts, gold, runes, armor, etc. For first time players, Bronze is never a bad place to play for awhile until you get the pacing, timing and relative strengths of the enemies understood. Once that's all in your blood, and you have have some equipment build up, you're in a better "space" to make an informed choice.

I think there's an important distinction that should be pointed out right now: there's a significant difference between single player and Closed Net multiplayer. Namely (in my opinion), you don't get the early game Runes in Closed Net.

For the console users, though, you always get the two runes right off the bat, and you also get two more from the Tutorial Rune Master (which I don't think you get on Closed Net). In my experience, this makes a pretty sizable difference.

Personally, I didn't find single player Silver difficulty all that bad when I started the game. It forced me to make a terrible build (going from Lost Fusion to hybrid Temple Guardian) when I realized that I needed some DPS oomph to take down Gahanka. To give Bronze its credit, I haven't spent any real time in it (I'm basing my statements off of my experience in Silver and what I've heard about Bronze). However, I get the feeling that someone could take virtually any build through Bronze (spending a good twenty to fifty hours doing it), cruise through the start of Silver (mostly due to their higher level at the start of Silver), but then hit a brick wall at any point from late Silver through Gold when they find out that their mishmash hybrid with a bunch of General skills or Offensive skills they don't use doesn't hold up under real pressure. You find that out a lot sooner if you start on Silver, and while that might be disconcerting to a newbie (and one of the criticisms Sacred 2 receives), it gets you into a better situation sooner once you've done some research or started to learn what it takes to make an effective build.

Also noteworthy is that the console version doesn't have hardcore. I don't know how many PC players started off on hardcore, but it's another wall to overcome in the same way that I described Silver being. The sooner you realize your build doesn't cut it, the less time you "waste" on that character.

Yeah I see now about silver and bronze and such but I think that the should have HC on The consoles too just because it seems like a challenege and some players like challenges.

-Shadow.

Console "Hardcore" is just a state of mind. Honesty and integrety are the only things needed. And, of course, Loco's Hardcore for Console challenge.

Console "Hardcore" is just a state of mind. Honesty and integrety are the only things needed. And, of course, Loco's Hardcore for Console challenge.

I really like the way you worded that Scott. It sums up what console "hardcore" is nicely :thumbsupsmiley:

Yeah I see now about silver and bronze and such but I think that the should have HC on The consoles too just because it seems like a challenege and some players like challenges.

-Shadow.

The interesting thing is, ShadowsNitemare isn't the first person to lament the lack of a button despite this "simple" solution.

The interesting thing is, ShadowsNitemare isn't the first person to lament the lack of a button despite this "simple" solution.

I truly believe that the PSN / XBL entities may not have supported the idea of dedicating the servers/resources to running both SP and HC.

So we just had to make up our own "hardcore".

It seems from everything I've read that one of the main advantages to starting on Silver is that it exposes flaws in your build sooner, as pretty much any build on Bronze will work.