Are these guys worth the time?

worth500.jpg

...I'm feverish for another legendary ... on a lark, in Niobium just today while doing Guardian runs, I went around just knocking off the generators, traps...whatever they are called... and Plop! out came a set piece.

I know that some spots in the game have higher drop values ...like that chest room...are these generators in The Guardians room having the same high level of drop value?

:twitch:

gogo

Hello there bighead :twitch:

They can be worthwhile if you're looking for uniques & set pieces, but if you're there to farm for legendaries they are only a waste of time as the time it takes to go around and whack 'em you could have gotten halfway through to the guardians in your next run.

Edited by Spunky

Ahh, true... I love how we just say bleh to uniques and sets... cuz we're looking for the prize...Legendaries !

I'm blaming my addiction to niobium now with this toon on you

:twitch:

gogo

Hehe, the boss farming can indeed be addictive, that's something I learned back in my D2 days where I could do Mephisto runs for months after months without doing any other leveling.

You just gotta be careful or else you will end up like me and not doing anything besides boss runs for weeks or months in a row :twitch:

I never find legendary items but I still say Bleh to most uniques/sets found anyway. Maybe it is because I have seen them all before. It's only rarely that I see something that wakes me up. I used to do boss runs in D2 but I know I never did them for months in a row.

I hope BLizz/Activision get Battlenet 2 worked out before they release it. I also hope they don't make all the good weapons dlc so we don't actually have to pay to get them.

If you happen to have a staff dryad with ya who can pop them all off in one hit it light be worth it, but like spunky said, they don't drop enough to be worth it, plus you have to do it before the egg goesdown cos after that they drop nothing if I'm remembering correctly.

I'm trying to become as much of a time bandit as Spunky is against Niobium... Kabow! he goes ^^ My HE is only about 124 and if I go against Niobium Guardians, it means I have to resocket quite a bit and do some in battle armor switching to make sure I get the proper strategy against the right guardian.

All this for the thrill of Niobium runs... ;)

However...my kill speed in NIobium is smaller than at that at Platinum... and I think because of this the number of uniques I get is almost double

Stay in Plat at double kill speed feel like god... tons of drops

Sweat it out in Niobium, chug peptobismol and get fewer drops but maybe mods on items are higher?

;)

gogo

If you can handle Niob go for it, no need to waste time with worse item mods if you can get hold of the best ones!

This is the thing though...I am able to produce about twice the number of uniques against guardians in platinum. Does it make sense to you that the yield with the higher number of uniques is closer to producing a legendary than the yield with the lower number of uniques?

;)

gogo

Not really, uniques drop left and right for most of my boss farmers, but still I need to go through the "required" 400-500 boss kills in between each legendary/rare set drop.

This is the thing though...I am able to produce about twice the number of uniques against guardians in platinum. Does it make sense to you that the yield with the higher number of uniques is closer to producing a legendary than the yield with the lower number of uniques?

;)

gogo

I think you are thinking correctly on this, but Spunky's got the practical knowledge, and says... no. 8(

I guess you're correct if you mean that you can kill 4-500 bosses a lot faster in Plat, but the Legendary you will spawn will have Plat. stats, I guess it all depends on how patient / determined you are! Just want a Legendary... go Platinum. Determined to have the best Legendary when it drops... stay in Niob. Or kill 399 bosses in Plat, then the next 1-200 in Niob until the prize drops!

I was thinking the same thing...are we solving for an absolute legendary...or are we solving for legendary plus uniques and sets with higher mods/stats.

I think, for now, until my cupboard is bursting to the bring with legendaries, I'm going to spam plat for a bit longer...

And...

what about doing this in gold... if we're trying to game the system...if it's all about speed and killing x number of Guardians to get the jackpot into mode...why not go down even lower into Gold and bully the low end Guardians there?

;)

gogo

Lol...gogo. You sure want your legendary fix dont ya. Plat would probli get the legendaries faster since you kill faster/dont resocket meaning its just in, out and reload.

PS...any chance of a HE build yet ? :thumbsupsmiley:

Lol...gogo. You sure want your legendary fix dont ya. Plat would probli get the legendaries faster since you kill faster/dont resocket meaning its just in, out and reload.

PS...any chance of a HE build yet ? :P

Yeh Gogo, where's that build at?! :thumbsupsmiley:

Schot's favorite ^^

While looking at the still frames last night for a video we got to see one really close. Detail is incredible...eye and mouth , especially shape of jaw, work together well. Fearsome look of a mug, combined with nothing short of an array of lightning fast swipes and slices.

;)

gogo