Updated Ice & Blood Celestial Technobabe Q/A

Etherian

After loosing the last leg of my shoping network last night. I am searching to reach higher heights. After talking it over with Loco & Furian, I agree it is time to establish a primary toon once again.

I took Soldats Celestial Technobabe to level 65 & lost her to a mob of fen fires while being stabbed in the back by a few blood dryads as well.

That is old news now...would like to move onto an updated version of the same build concept.

With the advent of Ice & Blood there have been many changes which is beginning to spawn a few amazing updated build write-ups. Perhaps this will be the first installment of a new updated Technobabe rough lay-out. Time will tell... :)

A couple skill choices which I feel are mandatory to be fully updated and applied to counter these changes with Ice & Blood.

Ancient Magic & Spell Resistance

soldats original skill allocation...

02- revered technology lore[75]

03- celestial magic lore[75]

05- revered technology focus[75]

08- celestial magic focus[75]

12- armor lore[75]

18- constitution[75]

25- shield lore[1]

35- warding energy lore[1]

50- combat discipline[75]

65- toughness[75]

I have been pondering swaping constitution with Ancient Magic. Taking Spell Resistance over combat discipline.

With a tri defensive skill tree: armor lore, shield lore & warding energy lore. This could possibly replace the need for constitution altogether?

Swaping combat discipline with Spell Resistance would really work wonders vs. LL% casters, fen fires, etc.

Lastly, simply take toughness in place of warding energy lore. Moving warding to the 10th skill. I do not intend to use warding buff till end game for which regens will benefit greatly.

What does the family think? Any thoughts? Concerns? Opinions? Suggestions?

I remain, Etherian

Edited by Etherian

You're effectively swapping a defensive skill for an offensive skill and vice versa. That should be pretty solid.

Maybe take SR at 18 and AM at 50? You will be relying on armor/shield to carry you defensively for a while if you don't.

I agree with swapping Toughness with WEL. That makes sense if you're not going to use it early on.

After loosing the last leg of my shoping network last night. I am searching to reach higher heights. After talking it over with Loco & Furian, I agree it is time to establish a primary toon once again.

I took Soldats Celestial Technobabe to level 65 & lost her to a mob of fen fires while being stabbed in the back by a few blood dryads as well.

That is old news now...would like to move onto an updated version of the same build concept.

With the advent of Ice & Blood there have been many changes which is beginning to spawn a few amazing updated build write-ups. Perhaps this will be the first installment of a new updated Technobabe rough lay-out. Time will tell... :)

A couple skill choices which I feel are mandatory to be fully updated and applied to counter these changes with Ice & Blood.

Ancient Magic & Spell Resistance

soldats original skill allocation...

02- revered technology lore[75]

03- celestial magic lore[75]

05- revered technology focus[75]

08- celestial magic focus[75]

12- armor lore[75]

18- constitution[75]

25- shield lore[1]

35- warding energy lore[1]

50- combat discipline[75]

65- toughness[75]

I have been pondering swaping constitution with Ancient Magic. Taking Spell Resistance over combat discipline.

With a tri defensive skill tree: armor lore, shield lore & warding energy lore. This could possibly replace the need for constitution altogether?

Swaping combat discipline with Spell Resistance would really work wonders vs. LL% casters, fen fires, etc.

Lastly, simply take toughness in place of warding energy lore. Moving warding to the 10th skill. I do not intend to use warding buff till end game for which regens will benefit greatly.

What does the family think? Any thoughts? Concerns? Opinions? Suggestions?

I remain, Etherian

my la Chusa faired very well with no constitution. I put all attributes into Vitality until 50, then I recommend Willpower (both for the Shield energy boost, as well as it adds to your base Spell Resistance which the skill Spell Resist will multiply). But I ran Warding energy from the start. Warding energy basically doubles your HP As well as he modifiers to reflect Spells.(another reason you could leave Constitution out). Alternatively use Cleansing brilliance( Weakening lowers attributes of the enemy, and modded it will lower there attack value even farther) and spam Divine Protection. But you can never get caught with DP down in a fight. So be vigilant with the minibuff.

You actually have Quad defense with Armor lore, Toughness, Shield lore, Warding lore , Plus adding spell resistance will only help even more

I was able to run 3 buffs with la Chusa and only 21 points into focus skills and never had to micro manage my regens. Buff Suits for the win.

As for your skill substitutions I would go for it. It sounds legit.

I would probably go this way

02- armor lore[75] Keep at level will help protect as well as lower regen penalty

03- revered technology lore[75] keep at level damage, casting speed, mod points

05- revered technology focus[21] to lower regens and raise CA level without penalty

08- celestial magic focus[21] to lower regens and raise CA level without penalty

12- celestial magic lore[75] keep at level damage, casting speed, mod points

18- shield lore[75] Master 4th with no Battle stance your chance to get hit will be high, this will increase your defense value and at mastery will give Block Chance:Close Combat

25- Ancient Magic[75] Damage boost to CAs plus at Mastery will drop the enemies resistance to your damage.

35- toughness[75] adds to elemental Armor + adds to damage mitigation

50- warding energy lore[75] Boost with all skills

65-Spell resistance[75] increase resistance to magic spells

you will master Armor, Revered Lore, celestial Lore by level 75. shield lore by 87,Ancient magic by 102. Have +all skills socketed to boost Toughness, Spell resistance, Warding Lore.

All your damage will be there before Niob. and every skill point from platinum on will be to boost your defenses.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm working on a very similar build and had a question regarding Ancient Magic. Is Combat Discipline or Ancient Magic better for a caster build that uses a combo of radiant pillar -> flaring nova? I originally had CD planned to be my last skill pick but for Ice and Blood maybe Ancient Magic is more important in raising damage?

My version of the technobabe that died due to the flew-outs while fighting the guardians was as follows:

level 2 - Revered Lore

level 3 - Armor Lore

level 5 - Revered Focus

level 8 - Constitution

level 12 - Combat Discipline

level 18 - Ancient Magic

level 25 - Toughness

level 35 - Warding Energy Lore

level 50 - Celestial Lore

level 65 - Celestial Focus

Reasoning:

- it's easier to start off with revered aspect. Archangel's wrath works with life leech, which makes it easier to kill guardians and level up very quickly. the Nova can kill off multiple enemies with ease. This is why I start off with Revered and boost it early with Combat Discipline and Ancient Magic.

- regretfully, we must lose a defensive skill. Armor lore is a must. Constitution is a must as well, because it'll take a while before you can get your energy shield to a respectable value and use it WITHOUT burdening the regen times. Warding Lore is a must, because your energy shield is nothing with it. Toughness is also a must, because 20% less damage helps greatly the celestial set. This is why we must lose Shield lore.

- Celestial aspect takes a while to make it shine. This is why we must use it last, after we leveled it up well enough.

This build worked wonderfully. The guardians were hitting me for 700-750 damage out of 6500 (not using a warding shield, which was about 3000 points) the babe had, keeping in mind she used a celestial set + tho-handed sword for maximum life leech. If it wasn't for this stupid windows problem, I would've had her at level 100+, but such things happen :devil:

Edited by Dobri