Creating a Silver to Niobium level-jumper

Dobs & I tried to create some templates to allow us to skip difficulties, but they've not gone quite to plan.

We ran through the Silver campaign to the point where you kill the Inquisitor & then brought our templates in-game & ported them down to the final level. We then exited with our main characters & had the templates flick the switches to bring in the Guardians, then brought Dob's main back in to kill the Guardians & exited the templates before he flicked the final switch (after killing the Guardians).

So why didn't it work?

Well...when loco and furian run a camp for someone they transfer ownership by doing the following.

• Have the most advanced toon create the server
  • Join with the toon to be camped
  • Have the original (server creater) leave the server and create a new campaign server.
  • Advance the campaign in the original server one step
  • leave the server and join the 2nd server created by the original toon resulting in the Game Saved text displaying.

And that results in the campaign saving. However, I know that they ran through the campaign properly for the templates. I think furian mentioned something about having trouble getting the campaign to stick like this on templates, but if you apply the same technique as above it should work, that may be where you messed up.

Edit: I just tested for the first time with a template that I made the other day. Ran the campaign for the template the normal way all the way up to the guardians and then transferred it successfully using the above method. Result, 1 level 1 toon in gold.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Dragon is correct. you can't created a template with a short cut. you have to have the template in server for the whole run to the machine. then when you are satisfied with the stopping point have the template exit. done.

then you can use your new silver template to boost your gold template to gold. then slow camp the gold all the way to the machine and exit. done. the repeat for you platinum template through silver and gold. then slow camp the plat to the machine.

now you have 3 templates to use for shoppers and test chars.

the issue is having very stable camp runs without having the template crash, as sometimes we got to the machine and the guardians wouldn't spawn.

once you have your templates in place dragons steps or our speed camp 101 steps will work.

the fruits of some very hard labor

As far as I know Furian67 and I, Woody, and Rotluchs(Lynx) are the only ones that have successfully created 3 full templates for speed camping.

As far as I know Furian67 and I, Woody, and Rotluchs(Lynx) are the only ones that have successfully created 3 full templates for speed camping.

wow

Talk about THE ultimate Sacred 2 builds

Hats off to all of you who pioneered the technique for us. I don't have the patience and wherewithal for this.

A big hug to Knuckles out there. Our friend who took the spirit of generosity from Sacred HC and continued it here with Sacred 2. It's final incarnation as the templates.

ooooh, here comes that hug!

:P

gogo

But what's the logical difference between rushing someone through the last section of the campaign & rushing them to the last section? (ie, why doesn't it work?)

I think it might be the way you did it llama. You have to follow the steps pretty darn accurately to get it too work. There has to be a new server created and joined after advancing the campaign without the original toon for the campaign status to get transferred which I think you didnt do.

But what's the logical difference between rushing someone through the last section of the campaign & rushing them to the last section?

The main quest status seems more stubborn than than side quests when it comes to quest ownership transfer. for a characters Camp status to save on someone elses campaign they must have a more advanced campaign than the one they are joining.

using the 2 server method of join at point X then advance to point Y and rejoin at point X again will allow a campaign save. However I have never gotten this to stick for anything other than a camp completion and advancement to the next difficulty.

when you try to start a server who's campaign was advanced my another players campaign status is sometimes starts you over in sloeford. We discovered this in our attempts to create the templates ourselves.

lol you are seeing what we went through to get our Speed Camping solution to work reliably 100% of the time. it was hard work.

wow

Talk about THE ultimate Sacred 2 builds

Hats off to all of you who pioneered the technique for us. I don't have the patience and wherewithal for this.

A big hug to Knuckles out there. Our friend who took the spirit of generosity from Sacred HC and continued it here with Sacred 2. It's final incarnation as the templates.

ooooh, here comes that hug!

:P

gogo

To the great and mighty Knuckles who inspired us to advance the clan camping idea...We salute you! :)

Ok, you can transfer the campaign status earlier than right at the end, following the same steps as in your speed camp 101 (which is nice).

I've got a HE that's at chapter 10 part 1c (next quest is to talk to Liosilath & then kill the Inquisitor) & I wanted to transfer that status to my Gold template...

Create server with the more advanced char, go down to the Great Machine & clear out the area.

Bring in Gold template character & port to the quest giver (Liosilath).

The more advanced char leaves & the new template char talks to Liosilath, ports to the island & then leaves the game.

The original advanced character creates another campaign server (chapter 10 part 1c) & the template (noew at chapter 10 part 1d) enters & can be rushed to the end (or whever you want to stop)...

Job done.

Thanks guys. :P

Ok, you can transfer the campaign status earlier than right at the end, following the same steps as in your speed camp 101 (which is nice).

I've got a HE that's at chapter 10 part 1c (next quest is to talk to Liosilath & then kill the Inquisitor) & I wanted to transfer that status to my Gold template...

Create server with the more advanced char, go down to the Great Machine & clear out the area.

The more advanced char leaves & the new template char talks to Liosilath, ports to the island & then leaves the game.

The original advanced character creates another campaign server (chapter 10 part 1c) & the template (noew at chapter 10 part 1d) enters & can be rushed to the end (or whever you want to stop)...

Job done.

Thanks guys. :P

Glad you sorted it out. Teleporting the templates into the machine(even if you cleared the area) is very risky with a char that took so much work to create. So I always leave them on Start Isle. as long as you are in a Campaign server anybody can hit the switch. so do that with a character that is of a more appropriate level.

But you got the mechanics worked out! GratZ

The reason I ported the template into the Great Machine was because I was only using 1 other character (the more advanced character/"runner" was the same). I was fortunate that it was at a relatively safe spot in the campaign (ie, a small "dungeon" that can be cleared out & the opponents for the next are spawned by talking to the Inquisitor, so it's about as safe as it gets short of talking to a quest giver in a town). And if you've got a character who's fairly near the end, you can repeat everything without too much effort if things go Pete Tong. I'm just fortunate that my HE was very close to the end.

I've got campaign templates and runner for dark campaign :D I am also working on light campaign I have the runner to like level 38... Gonna make the silver template soon..

Job done.

Thanks guys. :D

Good stuff on getting it working. Now that I think about it I must have done it at some point too...the dryad that I had running my camp for me I replaced briefly against the mist to kill it easier, yet the dryad still got a completed campaign...

Now I just need to maybe get around to a gold campaign template...

One other thing that I've noticed. If you've got to the part where you press the switches just before the Guardians, you need to do both switches to advance the quest progress. Just doing the first one isn't enough.

One other thing that I've noticed. If you've got to the part where you press the switches just before the Guardians, you need to do both switches to advance the quest progress. Just doing the first one isn't enough.

We have actually advanced ours to the last switch after the guardians. So all we have to do is run to the switch and end the camp. then after the credits we all log in the the next server.

It is a lot faster and safer than having to kill the grand Inquisitor and/or the Guardians every time. With Furian running and me Hosting the servers we can get from silver to niob in less the 30 minutes. (6 servers in total)

Yeah, if you're creating a template, the final switch after the Guardians is the best place to have them at, but if you're trying to "copy over" main quest progress before that (as in my case where I had a HE that was sitting just before the Inquisitor boss), you need to be aware that just because you get the white flash (from the compass) doesn't mean that you've actually advanced the main quest to the next stage.

My posts have been more about advancing your template's progress if you happen to have an appropriately placed other char.

Yeah, if you're creating a template, the final switch after the Guardians is the best place to have them at, but if you're trying to "copy over" main quest progress before that (as in my case where I had a HE that was sitting just before the Inquisitor boss), you need to be aware that just because you get the white flash (from the compass) doesn't mean that you've actually advanced the main quest to the next stage.

I got you, makes sense.

We have actually advanced ours to the last switch after the guardians. So all we have to do is run to the switch and end the camp. then after the credits we all log in the the next server.

It is a lot faster and safer than having to kill the grand Inquisitor and/or the Guardians every time. With Furian running and me Hosting the servers we can get from silver to niob in less the 30 minutes. (6 servers in total)

I left mine just before the guardians but after the inquisitor, much more fun that way :P