HardCore Closed Net - Which Char 1st, 2nd, 3rd Build

I hope this isn't covered elsewhere but there is so many good guides and posts to go through, that I'm overwhelmed by them all. Main reason being I'm starting play in Hardcore for the first time.

From reading, I've come to the conclusion that ( I will most likely have to get some extra character slots at some stage :) :) ) Bargaining is important for getting gear for other characters and Blacksmith for the obvious. Considering discussion on buff suits and Break-point shoppers which is the best Character start build in for Hardcore for :-

Bargaining and Blacksmith that could survive (killing bosses) through to Noib either within one character build or two separate characters. A good start is important and the guide to surviving Hardcore.

Get yourself a level 2-5 shopper so you can start your other characters off with some gear. Your choices for this are Dragon Mage, High Elf or Inquisitor (able to take Bargaining as their first skill). Then start on your second character, logically your next shopper.

Blacksmithing is limited to Shadow Warrior, Temple Guardian & Inquisitor. You want your smith the highest level possible, running this character along side your shoppers as you level them to various breakpoints (eg. 2, 15, 45, 70, 100, 140) will give you a reasonable network setup.

Welcome to ClosedNet HC! Let us know your toon names so we can find you on the servers.

I hope this isn't covered elsewhere but there is so many good guides and posts to go through, that I'm overwhelmed by them all. Main reason being I'm starting play in Hardcore for the first time.

From reading, I've come to the conclusion that ( I will most likely have to get some extra character slots at some stage :sigh::) ) Bargaining is important for getting gear for other characters and Blacksmith for the obvious. Considering discussion on buff suits and Break-point shoppers which is the best Character start build in for Hardcore for :-

Bargaining and Blacksmith that could survive (killing bosses) through to Noib either within one character build or two separate characters. A good start is important and the guide to surviving Hardcore.

I guess you could choose either Temple Guardian or Inquisitor, since these chars have both the skills you mentioned.

Both are fine, but can be a little squishy if you don't pay proper attention to your defences (esp. for HC), considering you'll be taking Bargaining and Blacksmithing.

Great advice on starting a level 2 shopper. Pick up all the +bargaining stuff you can find for that toon.

I found that I had to restart a couple of my first characters as I learned more about the game. Don't be afraid to use a few to get a feel for the game.

I have a build, called Mr. I unlock Platinum Smithing, that I have published in the guides section of shadow warrior. It can unlock platinum at a low level because shadow veil makes it invulnerable. It also does not need good gear to succeed, again because of the invisibility. You can also unlock niob but that will take some farming to level up so you can make damage against platinum mobs. The only items the build needs are some rings with -evasion or chance can't evade and you can level up a shopper to about 20 to get some decent items of those levels.

When I say Platinum smithing I am talking about the town smith who is more powerful than the skill blacksmith until you are high level. It does have skill blacksmith for rings amulets in lower sockets (did you know a blacksmith skill can put an amulet in a silver slot and a ring in a bronze?).

Next you want a shopper and your Shadow Warrior can bank roll him with gold. I say a level 2 or 5 shopper. And a level 35 shopper. Then you can start experimenting with characters and eventually get a level 75 or so shopper (it is also useful to have more intermediate 18 50 etc but just to get started)...

I have a build, called Mr. I unlock Platinum Smithing, that I have published in the guides section of shadow warrior. It can unlock platinum at a low level because shadow veil makes it invulnerable. It also does not need good gear to succeed, again because of the invisibility. You can also unlock niob but that will take some farming to level up so you can make damage against platinum mobs. The only items the build needs are some rings with -evasion or chance can't evade and you can level up a shopper to about 20 to get some decent items of those levels.

When I say Platinum smithing I am talking about the town smith who is more powerful than the skill blacksmith until you are high level. It does have skill blacksmith for rings amulets in lower sockets (did you know a blacksmith skill can put an amulet in a silver slot and a ring in a bronze?).

Next you want a shopper and your Shadow Warrior can bank roll him with gold. I say a level 2 or 5 shopper. And a level 35 shopper. Then you can start experimenting with characters and eventually get a level 75 or so shopper (it is also useful to have more intermediate 18 50 etc but just to get started)...

Thank-you to all for the advice, and I'll probably try all of the suggestions given but think I'll give this Shadow Warrior a bash or two. I think your right sometimes you just got to play and die at the odd time from that you learn too.

There are so many people on this site that do totally amazing work with analyzing Skills, Attributes Combos within the different classes and posting there results. The guides on here are amazing community so friendly really does make it a joy to play for 'idiots' like myself :) If I started naming them all I'd have no time for play.

This say's a lot :-

"Members Online Today: 332

Our members have made a total of 158,342 posts

We have 17,265 registered members"

Welcome to ClosedNet HC! Let us know your toon names so we can find you on the servers.

Hmm good point, As my favorite comic character is "Groo" I will start characters with [GROO] .........