What Weapon(s) Should Inquisitors Use?

With my character, I'm currently using a staff...and I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It does good damage, but I always wondered what are the advantages to using it, rather than using an axe, or a sword etc.

Should I start a new inquisitor or should I just continue my current one?

Side Note: I'm back on the forums to all that remember me!

Edited by gogoblender

Astute Supremacy/Nefarious Netherworld

I normally use magic attacks, but I still see lots of people using swords with Inquisies, and I dont understand why,

is it because of a Gruesome Inquisition ?

Woot woot! The King is back :gogo:

If you're using Astute and Nefarious, I'd go with 1h or 2h staffs, as they will benifit from intelligence and will most likely have better mods on them for casters. If you have a Tinwora's Curse though I'd use that for the +CA and CA range bonus.

Ryan! Glad to be back, this place needs the King's order to regain its ... order :D:D

That's good to hear, since I wasn't really enthused about using melee weapons :sick:

Oh by the way ryan, I added you on live, so be sure to accept it bromario. :gogo:

Ryan! Glad to be back, this place needs the King's order to regain its ... order ;):yay:

That's good to hear, since I wasn't really enthused about using melee weapons :)

Oh by the way ryan, I added you on live, so be sure to accept it bromario. :paladin:

use a sword!!

I suppose it depends on how you are playing your character. If you are looking to maximise damage then it will depend on your build. If you are looking to roleplay your character then I personally will not use 'edged' weapons as it flies in the face of traditional cleric behaviour, I use twin maces.

A nice inquistor playing is to bundle mobs with black hole like spell and then use an angle attack from mount into the bundled group. On mount a polearm has a longer range so you normally hit all of them. Also polearms can have chance to hit more enemies , x% life leech, ...

But it really depends if you prefer mage-like, necro-like, warrior-like playing...