After reading a large part of this forum I have noticed almost no mention of what god gift goes best with which character. From one post I surmised that the Sakkara demon is best handled by the Inquisitor but does that mean there are no other characters with stategies capable of controlling (somewhat) the demon once he is summoned? Are other players making regular use of the god gift or, like me, rarely ever hit "G" while playing any of their characters? I'd like to hear from both single and multiplayer players how useful they think the god gift is.

I think the God skill is probably the most useless skill in the game. I've only used it accidently pressing G instead of the F key, that's about the only time I've used it.

As with others, I like the idea of these "divine gifts", but at the current state they're quite useless. I actually bind it to other key after summoning the demon couple of times... Maybe tinkering with Devine Devotion would yield something, but that'd be wasting the skill slot... So nope.

Though I'm personally attracted to the Sakkara demon, if nothing else, it's kinda good for RP'ing evil charas. :cry:

It is unfortunate that noone has done any work on the god spells. I use them quite frequently, but have not done any "testing" to see how they are effected by attributes, skills, yada yada.

Divine Devotion - the in-game description says that mastery unlocks additional attributes of the artifacts.... anyone have a clue on that?

There's a fair amount to be said about the God Gifts, but the information is scattered, and all in all they're not that great.

First of all, each God corresponds to a specific class.

Seraphim - Lumen (Light)

Dryad - Kybele (Nature)

High Elf - Forens (Philosophy)

Temple Guardian - Testa (Science)

Shadow Warrior - Kuan (War)

Inquisitor - Ker (Shadow)

For PC players, this is somewhat obvious, but I completely overlooked this as a console player. Is it really important? Eh... given the Inquisitor's ability to manage the demon, it may suggest that the designers intended each class to typically play using their god. Forens' reflection plays well off of the High Elf's physical vulnerability. Testa offers yet another Area of Effect to the Temple Guardian's list.

In general application, most people use Testa or Kybele. (It's been a little while, so it might be Forens instead of Kybele. But Kybele makes you invulnerable, and Forens' reflection risks failure.)

I don't know the exact duration of each, but each gift lasts a different amount of seconds.

Personally, I use Testa all the time. The number of spheres it creates is entirely based off of the number of characters/monsters around you. Go gather a mob, pop a mentor potion, and launch Testa. It's a fun little experience boost, especially in a party where all the players have Testa, and in the early game it's extremely useful.

It is unfortunate that noone has done any work on the god spells. I use them quite frequently, but have not done any "testing" to see how they are effected by attributes, skills, yada yada.

Divine Devotion - the in-game description says that mastery unlocks additional attributes of the artifacts.... anyone have a clue on that?

I have one Seraphim (god=Lumen) that has the Divine Devotion skill and have noticed that the higher the level of DD the shorter the regen of the god spell. However, I find it best used when mobbed by a large group of undead or T-energy critters. It kills them almost instantly. :) It is easy to raise the level by using relics with the DD+x attribute and through items found in the game rather than investing skill points into it. I won't be able to test what other attributes mastery would unlock as I will not be putting skill points into it.

Nope, it was going to unlock additional attributes on the relics, but that wasn't implimented. Also, DD acts as the Focus skill for the god spells, so it increases their level (ie, increases the "max CA level without penalty" of the Godspell) & reduces it's regen time (since the godspells don't have any per level regen time increases).