3 Staffs (mainly to unlock Damage Lore)

4 Damage Lore

5 Armor Lore

6 Concentration

7 Dragon Lore ( for the buff)

8 Constitution

9 Combat Discipline

10 Ancient Magic

My concearns are that the two skill slots needed for Damage Lore may be too much, Or Damage Lore will not be strong enough to really make a difference. The character will not be hardcore. So, any opinions on Damage Lore with the Mentalist or any other skill trees?

Thanks

Damage lore shines on fire and poison for the purposes of killing... So consider making it dragon magic build, but I don't know how to make dragon strike accurate.. YOu can fire and poison with staff though..

Mentalism does magic damage and thats good too for weaken effect but it lacks as much kill power as fire and poison..

Soooo Because dragon strike is not a workhorse combat art (unreliable with cooldown) I don't like damage lore on a dragon mage since no weapon arts to spread the staff damage around..

Sadly the DM and damage lore mastery don't mix well :P

Dragon Strike with fire DoT and Gust of Wind modded with poison DoT get no benefit from DL mastery because the DoT is built into the CA.

His other spells are mostly Physical damage and will not cause open wounds. Open wounds can only be caused by wearing an item with the mod and then afaik it's only from melee damage.

He might be able to weaken further with DL mastery from his magic damage based spells but they won't cause futher DoT damage

Sad news indeed. Damage Lore is out then. A few more questions 1. Does the Quick Mind and Energy Flux mods on the Familiar work with all aspects? 2. Does any caster type class benifit from Damage Lore?

thanks for the answers. Very good people on a very good forum

Edited by jdrdjr

wounds and bleeding is not governed in any way by damage lore afaik in any case..

I think you can make a DM with damage lore...

But you are going to use familiar % incinerate + damage lore to raise that to like 100% chance. Next you take staff lore and and probably speed lore (to hit things)..

Dragon Mage Focus

Staff

Damage Lore

Mental Focus

Mental Lore

Concentration

Shield Lore

Speed Lore

Armor

Constitutions

Offense

Mentalism magics (weaken effect) recharged by rph and staff hits with fire damage...

Defense

spells - familiar willpower, runes of protection modded for more CA block

melee - shield lore with combat block, speed lore + shield lore (defense)

missile = shield lore + speed lore (defense), runes of protection modded for missile reflect...

Sadly the DM and damage lore mastery don't mix well :D

Dragon Strike with fire DoT and Gust of Wind modded with poison DoT get no benefit from DL mastery because the DoT is built into the CA.

His other spells are mostly Physical damage and will not cause open wounds. Open wounds can only be caused by wearing an item with the mod and then afaik it's only from melee damage.

He might be able to weaken further with DL mastery from his magic damage based spells but they won't cause futher DoT damage

Very interesting information, and just in the nic of time. Dobster were you able to see any positive relation tween any Dragon Mage CA and Damage Lore?

In other words...is there any of the Dragon Mage's spells that are enhanced by Damage Lore?

Has anyone tested and has absolutely seen Damage Lore modifying any of the Dragon Mage's Combat Arts?

:)

gogo

Very interesting information, and just in the nic of time. Dobster were you able to see any positive relation tween any Dragon Mage CA and Damage Lore?

In other words...is there any of the Dragon Mage's spells that are enhanced by Damage Lore?

Has anyone tested and has absolutely seen Damage Lore modifying any of the Dragon Mage's Combat Arts?

:heart:

gogo

I did some testing on a level 200 test DM and none of his Combat Arts will cause extra DoT damage from DL mastery:(. As Claudius said, the only way you could go is a high level Familiar boosting INT and burn chance and then shoot staffs. The damage is not great though because he has no melee CA and it only shoots single targets. I even tested both dragon forms for all skills to see if any made a difference, would love to find a way of making the forms work but they seem broken to the point of being unusable.

Slightly off topic but the Dryad has at least 3 spells that are affected by DL mastery :heart: , Lances and vines modded for fire damage and totem modded for poison arrows give nice DoT as DL mastery-a possible build I've been toying with.

Edit: my apologies Claudius for quoting your name wrong

Edited by Dobster