Expert Touch Question

Anyone know how much of a difference this makes? Say around level 50 or better. What I am wondering is not having use of other aspects worth the tradeoff of regen times?

thanks

This is a great question, as I don't know if anyone has quantified to benefit. I will however say that I have played with and without it and I have concluded this:

1. If you only use a single aspect it does improve the regen times and is useful imo. Allowing to rasie CA levels higher.

2. If you use multiple CAs from different aspects it can really be a negative. Slowing down your ability to switch CAs and slowing your Damager per second. Forcing you to keep CA levels low.

I would have to create 2 identical characters, one with Expert Touch and 1 without. and with identical skills and Runes read compare the tooltip regen times to see a quantifiable benefit. and then compare at different levels and different CA levels to see the true result.

Loco's right. I'm not sure if anyone has "quantified" to benefit (love that word!)

I know that since the "hearsay" and "talk" is that picking expert touch helps with one aspect builds, and the logic is there ...it should work.

I do choose expert for all my single aspect builds, just cuz I'm told to by the documentation.

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

I have Seras with and without expert touch and at the same level of eaten runes the regen times are definitely different even with similar points in concentration and certain other skills. With expert touch the first CA I use will cycle faster but all CAs, even from different aspects, will cycle when one is used and I have to wait to use a CA from a different aspect than the first I used. Without expert touch the first CA used will take longer to cycle but only the CAs from the same aspect will cycle and I can immediately use a CA from another aspect. So it depends if you choose to use CAs from two or more aspects or just one as to what is best for your style of play. As to quantifyhing the difference, you would have to have two identical builds with the same levels of points in each skill, the same number of runes eaten or socketed and at the same level (preferably level 25 or better) to get really good quantifiable numbers in order to determine what % increase/decrease expert touch adds to each CA. That is a lot of work and math!

Just as a heads up, Expert touch decreases regen times of all CAs by 33.33%

Ah, I'm glad someone did the math or looked up the file info! Thanks go to you. I assume that the 33.33% is for the the CA currently cast as the others may still be cycling due to different regen times. Or do all CAs that are cycling when a CA is cast also have a 33.33% reduction at the same time with expert touch?