My good drops dried up...

I managed to get some decent drops early in the game (first 10 hrs) and even had a few set item drops even after my first death which reset my SB to zero. But it seems that after I acquired the Bonesliser (just speculating) that set items drops have disappeared! Its been about 30hrs now and I'm still equipped with the same armor, same shield and same Bonesliser. I've had some decent drops (3 stars with 3 sockets) as far as maces and staffs are concerned, but I've opted for Sword Lore, so I'd rather be hacking with swords...

Is fate not my side, or should I be focusing more on Chance to Find Valuables at higher character levels? Zero and One star items are dropping by the zillions and some of them are not bad at all (higher armor values or higher attack values), but I've not yet found a suitable replacement for any of my current items.

I just acquired my unique mount and I'm off to fight Gar'Colossus, so I suppose the verdict is still out...

How many different servers does this include? I am fairly sure there is a random roll for 'luck' on server creation. If you're not finding anything, try a new one :ninjastar:

Good luck!

Well, I'm playing offline SP. But if there is a random roll for luck whenever I load a game, how long is too long before I re-load? 1hr? Now I'm wondering if I should exit the game or just exit to title... the random drops are both a blessing and a curse sometimes :ninjastar:

Yeah, sometimes it does seem like the servers are against you and others its raining goodies. You'll just have to tough it out til you hit the sweetspot :bounce:

random, it will turn around again at some point. I've gone through wicked dry spells on drops and shops (no +all skills rings for a long time)

Yeah, sometimes it does seem like the servers are against you and others its raining goodies. You'll just have to tough it out til you hit the sweetspot :bounce:

random, it will turn around again at some point. I've gone through wicked dry spells on drops and shops (no +all skills rings for a long time)

Tell me about it. I haven't found any bargaining/+allskills rings in 48 hours with my shopper XD

If your playing Xbox/Ps3, Quit the game and restart. When I first started to play Sacred on console last year Locoagarto and I both found that say after 30 minutes of grinding/Questing if nothing good dropped restart your box. May be coincidence But it seems that By restarting the console I got better results. Do the same for bargaining. If your skill is at 3x level and you don't find anything on the first time around restart.

Another thing to keep in mind is set items could have 15 to 20 levels difference, so if you got a level 15 set helm the next may not drop until you see level 25 or 30 items. Swords can range around every 10 levels a new one will drop.

I also see you're headed to Gar'Colossus. Have you killed the mini-bosses in the human area? Raging Boar & Bloodclaw? The Boneslicer I imagine was from running the Undead Legion quest and was not a drop. If you want a higher percentage chance for goodies you could fire up Free Play and farm bosses or mini-bosses for set items or rare weapons as well.

I will on occasion go into a cave to reset vendors, so maybe do the same if you are grinding on the map as well. At the very least if you level while grinding sneak into a cave to reset the level of the mobs on the map.

And as older rpg players have heard before, random rolls are random.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip Furian67, I'll see if the system reset works it's magic! :gun2:

Another thing to keep in mind is set items could have 15 to 20 levels difference, so if you got a level 15 set helm the next may not drop until you see level 25 or 30 items. Swords can range around every 10 levels a new one will drop.

I also see you're headed to Gar'Colossus. Have you killed the mini-bosses in the human area? Raging Boar & Bloodclaw? The Boneslicer I imagine was from running the Undead Legion quest and was not a drop. If you want a higher percentage chance for goodies you could fire up Free Play and farm bosses or mini-bosses for set items or rare weapons as well.

I will on occasion go into a cave to reset vendors, so maybe do the same if you are grinding on the map as well. At the very least if you level while grinding sneak into a cave to reset the level of the mobs on the map.

And as older rpg players have heard before, random rolls are random.

Good luck!

Yeah the Boneslicer was from the Undead Legion quest. Well, in the human area, I killed the Raging Boar and actually got a 3 star Staff, but I also read about the set item levels in another post after starting this thread, so I'll just keep on gaming and hoping. I just think that if my luck was going good, I might have found some "same level" set items for other characters? :)

I also realized that I missed a few mini bosses up north-east. But my seraphim has their locations programmed :guns: and heading there as soon as I beat Gar'Colossus into a pulp.

I'll give the Free Play a go - that sounds like a good plan. I just wanna beat the campaign first (at least once) - where to find the time! :oooo:

I understand about wanting to beat the campaign first. A quick tip about free play mode, if you can find a resurrection monlith close to a boss, kill the boss in campaign mode then exit. Go into free play mode and teleport back to the monolith and smack the boss around again, rinse and repeat. Gar'Colossus is rather close to one, Carnach, the end dragon in the underground caves has another, Garganthropod has one along with the 4 guardians as well.

My preferred style of play after finishing a campaign is to farm the 4 Guardians on the difficulty you just finished in free play for a couple of levels or 5. Using a mentor pot can net you some really nice xp and killing 4 bosses at a time will really up the chance of decent drops and a hefty amount of gold.

If you have enhanced perception make sure all 6 relics are boosting your EP and if you can get any find valuables % jewelry wear some when you go on a boss farming run, never hurts.

Cheers!

Edited by Superfreq

Thanks Superfreq - that's some really good tips there!

Well, moments after I posted last night, I turned on the game and on my way to Gar'Colossus I managed to collect 2 set items! :woot: One I already had and another was for the Temple Guardian, but I realized my dry spell was over! Gar'Colossus did not drop a set item, but did drop a pretty descent 2 handed sword which my seraphim wielded all the way to the Evocator and there another set item dropped. I guess just had to advance a few levels...

EDIT: Since starting this thread has seemed to get my good drops back on track, I would just like to state to "the powers that be" that my legendary drops have dried up! :whistle:

Edited by Scleameth