Killing off your mounts...

Hi again:)

Been trawling the forum trying to find the answer to this....

How on ancaria can I get rid of my mounts?

"WHHYYY!?!?!?!?!"

Two reasons. 1. My unique is too high a level and I want my uber regen times back and I have waaaay too much money and want to buy another. And 2. The shoddy Charger I bought to gallop on to the Unique mount quest always seems to be the first to summon until I select the unique one in inventory.

The only mention I can even find of them dying is by them 'saving' your life when yu should blatantly die yourself. Nice Horsey... doesnt happen often tho!

Cheers again!

FaLLa

Edited by FaLLa

"WHHYYY!?!?!?!?!"

Two reasons. 1. My unique is too high a level and I want my uber regen times back and I have waaaay too much money and want to buy another. And 2. The shoddy Charger I bought to gallop on to the Unique mount quest always seems to be the first to summon until I select the unique one in inventory.

The only mention I can even find of them dying is by them 'saving' your life when yu should blatantly die yourself. Nice Horsey... doesnt happen often tho!

Cheers again!

FaLLa

Cool Sig

Welcome to Dark

You can go to the unique mount merchant and sell them back to the merchant or upgrade your leveled on for a new one with slightly better regens.

Well I have to say my Nag is a real nag... I can't seem to get rid of my horse either. Do I need to go back to the original Stable Master I bought it from in order to sell it back? I can't seem to sell it to any of the Stable Masters I've met along the way, so it's always just tagging along where ever I spawn to...

Cool Sig

Welcome to Dark

You can go to the unique mount merchant and sell them back to the merchant or upgrade your leveled on for a new one with slightly better regens.

Thank you! I wish I could take credit for it but a very good friend of mine has a lot of bloody talents hehe!

When I try to sell any of my mounts to the unique seller it just.... well... pretends im not there? I went and tested this literally 2mins after I posted when the thought occured that it might have been possible.

Spose I shoulda mentioned at the start im playing on the wonderful Xbox 360 eh?

Ty for your feedback tho loca :D

FaLLa

*EDIT* Hell while im at it mightaswell stick these noob questions together... is alchemy effective on the console version or can I get rid of the mountain of trophies I've accumulated?

Edited by FaLLa

Alchemy is painful to use on the consoles. I'd say sell the trophies.

I've never had any issues selling mounts on PS3... but I'm playing on Xbox right now, maybe I'll test that over the weekend.

Never tried to sell a "horse" so I don't know about that.

"WHHYYY!?!?!?!?!"

Cheers again!

FaLLa

Sorry about the mount problems hopefully you'll find a nice cliff to drop him off at.

Wanted to welcome you to Darkmatters, and yeah, as Loco said, nice sig... yer friend is good with images.

:D

gogo

I was actually hoping you would say that about the trophies, ive got loads of them they taking up some space hehe.

I've never had any issues selling mounts on PS3... but I'm playing on Xbox right now, maybe I'll test that over the weekend.

Cool thanks Essjayehm let me know how you get on. If it works for you at least then I'll know its something wrong with me hehe. The offer price does come up with a '0' value though.

Thank you Gogo :D

It's a shame the xbox is so rubbish for multiplayer(in communication terms). I take it the PC is far superior in the multiplayer aspect?

FaLLa

Edited by FaLLa
Thank you Gogo :D

It's a shame the xbox is so rubbish for multiplayer(in communication terms). I take it the PC is far superior in the multiplayer aspect?

FaLLa

It's hooked this community now 24/7 for the last 5 years.

If you have a comp, download Gold, and you can hook up with peeps

:)

gogo

Back when I played xbox I had a toon with alchemy. It is not as efficient as on the pc but it does work. I used it for the longer duration of mentor potions and just before I stepped into battle with a boss I would pop one of each trophy. Worked well as long as you have time to stop and go through you inventory to get to them.

If my 2.5Gig processor and 512Meg of RAM could run it I definitely would... my other problem is the cost, im unemployed for now :(

Maybe the tides will turn by the time Sacred3 emerges its weary head. For now I'll have to settle for the xbox :)

Which Im absolutely LOVING! I havent been this addicted to a game for years! My only problem with the multiplayer is voice chat. I have two flat mates who dont really appreciate me sittin talking to the tv all day :D:);) And the Microsoft messaging system is terrible!

FaLLa

I used it for the longer duration of mentor potions and just before I stepped into battle with a boss I would pop one of each trophy. Worked well as long as you have time to stop and go through you inventory to get to them.

What kinda char was that with? I'm still in the newbie bracket of build creation and ive never really even given it a thought when planning them.

Not that ive made alot being my point. Ive got 2 HE Pyro's: The first was a botched first attempt, abandoned at level 40 and the Second is an educated improvement IMO. Ive got a level 24 Inquis too, again first attempt so he probably wont get much higher levels.

Spose the real question in that sense is: Is it worth it compared to other skills?

If not does anyone want all the trophies? I havent sold them yet.

FaLLa

I was actually hoping you would say that about the trophies, ive got loads of them they taking up some space hehe.

Cool thanks Essjayehm let me know how you get on. If it works for you at least then I'll know its something wrong with me hehe. The offer price does come up with a '0' value though.

Oh, yeah... you get 0 gold from selling your uniques or horses. No way around that, as far as I know.

I used it for the longer duration of mentor potions and just before I stepped into battle with a boss I would pop one of each trophy. Worked well as long as you have time to stop and go through you inventory to get to them.

What kinda char was that with? I'm still in the newbie bracket of build creation and ive never really even given it a thought when planning them.

Not that ive made alot being my point. Ive got 2 HE Pyro's: The first was a botched first attempt, abandoned at level 40 and the Second is an educated improvement IMO. Ive got a level 24 Inquis too, again first attempt so he probably wont get much higher levels.

Spose the real question in that sense is: Is it worth it compared to other skills?

If not does anyone want all the trophies? I havent sold them yet.

FaLLa

I do not think alchemy on console is worth a skill pick, unless you really, really don't need anything else :D

Oh, yeah... dont' pick Spell Resistance or blacksmithing as those skills don't work on console either.

I believe that your unique mount can be replaced, by going to the unique mount dealer and trading in. Just buy a new one and it will replace the old one.

As for stopping an unwanted horse from following you around anymore just head on over to any normal mount trader and you can 'sell' (they will give you zero gold but they will take the thing off your hands and lets face it an extra horse is a heavy thing to be carrying around) it back to them. This is my experience of mounts anyway, Hope it helps a little.

Oh and by the way Hai Guyz *waves to everyone on the forum* Ish new around here and just thought I'd try and be helpful.

Oh and by the way Hai Guyz *waves to everyone on the forum* Ish new around here and just thought I'd try and be helpful.

Welcome, Paradoxtwin!

Nice to see another Scott 8)

Welcome, and don't worry about posting answers, you gave a great answer! Even if it wasn't right, someone here would politely correct you (to the best of their knowledge), and so on and so forth! It's kinda easy-going around here, generally :P Like this:

IIRC, I think you have to sell your old unique mount (or horse) before you can buy another.

Edited by essjayehm
I believe that your unique mount can be replaced, by going to the unique mount dealer and trading in. Just buy a new one and it will replace the old one.

As for stopping an unwanted horse from following you around anymore just head on over to any normal mount trader and you can 'sell' (they will give you zero gold but they will take the thing off your hands and lets face it an extra horse is a heavy thing to be carrying around) it back to them. This is my experience of mounts anyway, Hope it helps a little.

Welcome to Dark Matters ! We're glad to see you here

I've killed 3 or 4 horses with my Inquisitor - and never when riding them. I love to herd enemies while riding so I'm that much faster than them. Then when my radar was a sea of red I'd dismount and do my Maelstrom / Desecration combo and by the time all the experience and item drops clear the screen my horsie is dead on the ground.

I never really see it happen - too much going on. So maybe everyone's Area of Effect CAs when in a combo can do it - or maybe it's the unique nature of the Maelstrom bronze mod Chaos to have the tumbling into one another for more damage (more enemies the better)

I've killed 3 or 4 horses with my Inquisitor - and never when riding them. I love to herd enemies while riding so I'm that much faster than them. Then when my radar was a sea of red I'd dismount and do my Maelstrom / Desecration combo and by the time all the experience and item drops clear the screen my horsie is dead on the ground.

I never really see it happen - too much going on. So maybe everyone's Area of Effect CAs when in a combo can do it - or maybe it's the unique nature of the Maelstrom bronze mod Chaos to have the tumbling into one another for more damage (more enemies the better)

Well thanks for all the replies guys. Wont be wasting my skill picks on Alch, Spell Resist, Blacksmith now anyway... all trophies sold WooHOoo!

On the mount issue... Still cant sell them, either of them. But ive managed to get my unique one killed quite a few times playin on plat hehe... lil beggars must love me, they keep dying on my behalf hehe!

Cheers again,

FaLLa