How do people go organising their toons?

On the PS3, I just realised that there are character creation limitations - meaning you can only have 10 characters at a time.

Now I'm just wondering how do people go organising their toons? I mean so far I just have a level 2 Shopper to start out with but my other slots are filled with a mish mash of toons that I play now and then. I want another shopper as I increase levels for my other toons but I can't decide whether to keep the one at Level 2 or level her as I go along. How do other people do it? Or should delete the toon I play the least and build another shopper?

Oh yeah...some portable hard drives can't be read on my PS3 for some odd reason. I tried to back-up all my game data so I could replace the current drive with a 500GB one but it didn't even read. I'm using a Western Digital 1TB portable hard drive and I'm having no luck. My PC can read it fine but the PS3 can't. All the firmware and such has been updated to the latest one but still no luck :)

Well a level 2 shopper would be nice starting out, but its usefulness would decrease quite quickly since you level so fast that early in the game. Most of those level 2 or 3 items will become obsolete after an hour or two of playing. So I would level your shopper higher and just save any standout items in your chest as you go along.

You are playing a lot differently than I have been though - I like to play with one hero and stick with it until I basically get a strong urge to try something else out. Lowest level one that I stopped with was a 69 TG that I sometimes use as a shopper when my other toons are around that level.

I'm not sure about PS3 but on X-box you can just make multiple profiles and trade between them, making the amount of character you can have and the amount of storage space you have endless.

Hmm...I'll have to give the "make different profiles" a go. I'm not sure if you can trade between profiles on PS3 though.

I did stick to one character and played a Dryad, making many mistakes along the way until I found this forum. The thing that really annoyes me with the game on PS3 is that if you have a specific shopper, then a lot of the times you only end up with specific character/class items. It's rare to find other class/character items for sale. I'll level my shopper and see how I go.

I play on PS3 too and making a second profile to trade does work, my girlfriend has her own profile on my PS3 as its the only way for two people to play on the same console at once and actually be able to trade. So I start up the game and go onto a character and then she can just press start on the second controller to select her profile and her characters.

Basically so long as you have two controllers you can make as many profiles as you like, then while playing just press start on the second controller and you can choose which profile to load characters from. Then you can trade between them all as much as you like.

I understand your frustration of only finding armor and such specific to your shopper's class, it would be nice if you could get a nice mix of other character's stuff too, but I just make do and only really use the shopper for jewelry currently, most of my other builds and such end up just using set items so I dont need to buy armor >.>

And just one last word from me.. When did people start calling their characters Toons? It seems pretty wide spread with games now and I still dont understand why people do it. Not that I'm complaining particularly, I just dont really understand it heh

the hard drive has to be formatted FAT32 (which can be a PITA to do on a larger drive). I've got a 120gb drive that has a FAT32 partition and an NTFS partition but when I swapped my hard drive, I put it in an enclosure, back up my PS3 to it, pulled the factory drive and put it in the enclosure, put the new drive in the PS3, formatted both (new on the PS3, old on the computer), copied the backup to the old drive and restored it. would have been easier with a 3rd drive.

as for toons, I've only got 7 atm. two that I play often, 3 that I play when my son is playing (I try to stay a couple levels behind him, easier for me to fight things that are bigger than me.)

And just one last word from me.. When did people start calling their characters Toons? It seems pretty wide spread with games now and I still dont understand why people do it. Not that I'm complaining particularly, I just dont really understand it heh
Character - Cartoon character - cartoon - toon

I agree it's very strange :)

Yeah I've played my share of random mmorpgs and most of em end up using 'toons' for characters heh I even understand it in some of the more manga based or 2d sprite based games as they do look like cartoon characters then.

Glad I'm not the only one that it strikes as being a little odd though :)

Paradox, welcome to DarkMatters! Some great posts you've been making, alongside that very distinct avatar :)

The word toon... originally used by Rooster back in what... 2004 or 2005... back when original game was released. R00ster (Big HC game player, posts here on Darkmatters as well) began using the shortened word toon for "cartoon" because he had likened them to cartoons (Dreeft you got it!:bounce:) and as r00ster is a cartoonist as well... you can see some of his work here on the wiki:

r00ster's sacred 2 fan art

Since everyone wants to shorten things, specially when writing...the word stuck.

Makes me think we should add it to SacredWiki as well ^^

:)

gogo

Well I tried creating another profile but on the PS3 you can't trade between profiles. It comes up with the message that the save has been manipulated but I still had my original save, so it wasn't too bad.

Well I tried creating another profile but on the PS3 you can't trade between profiles. It comes up with the message that the save has been manipulated but I still had my original save, so it wasn't too bad.

interestingly enough, my son and I can trade when I start the game and he joins...if he starts the game and I join we cannot trade. I havent tried making another account to try it yet...

interestingly enough, my son and I can trade when I start the game and he joins...if he starts the game and I join we cannot trade. I havent tried making another account to try it yet...

I did forget to mention I did copy my original save onto the new profile hence the non-trading thing happening. I guess it prevents people from duplicating items on consoles.

Mainerunr: just wondering could you trade chars or just items with your son?

You can't trade characters, just items with each other.

And yes you can't just copy the save game to another users profile. My advice would be to create 1 account for your main players and then another for the support characters I.e. shoppers, etc.

Just checking in on the trading items on the Xbox? Is this only Online games? or is there a way if I have my own gamertag and my buddy comes over and creates a character on his gamer tag and we are playing offline is there a way to us to trade items?

Just checking in on the trading items on the Xbox? Is this only Online games? or is there a way if I have my own gamertag and my buddy comes over and creates a character on his gamer tag and we are playing offline is there a way to us to trade items?

I can't remember exactly on consoles, but I believe me and my dad could trade offline.