Has Anyone Ever Solved 'Neuvau Varguz' ?

Hey guys.

In the orc region, there is a quest to be picked up in the eastern village (village NE before all the boar rider goblins heading east from orc portals) sorry I forget the name, will edit later with infos.

Anyway, in the hut you talk to some orc about a puzzle for inheritance. You then are sent to a cave west of the settlement, where in there is what looks a chessboard.

There is a puzzle in the logbook, and a male orc on the board, a boar and a female orc.

You can 'talk' to them all once (they all have a ! over them, so only one click each).

I have tried so many diff things, talking in diff orders, etc, and eventually I am stumped.

For note, they don't say anything when clicked, and only appear in this cave after you accept the quest.

After you click them, they seem to summon ghosts, then nothing, while a treasure room is very clearly locked, and there is definitely a puzzle to be solved.

I checked the Wiki, and nadda.

Anyone every figured this out?

Thanks,

In vanilla Sacred 2 it was easy, it didn't matter which order you clicked on them it seems as I just clicked randomly each time until the locked door was unlocked and I could wrap up the quest.

But in Ice and Blood I don't think I ever have completed it, maybe the devs did try to fix it up so you needed to click on them in a specific order, but ruined the whole quest instead...

I clearly remember the quest, but don't remember if I solved it or not (console).

I really wanted to have a chess mini-game with that quest, but alas, 'twas not the case. I'll check it out again and report back after the weekend.

Hey guys.

In the orc region, there is a quest to be picked up in the eastern village (village NE before all the boar rider goblins heading east from orc portals) sorry I forget the name, will edit later with infos.

Anyway, in the hut you talk to some orc about a puzzle for inheritance. You then are sent to a cave west of the settlement, where in there is what looks a chessboard.

There is a puzzle in the logbook, and a male orc on the board, a boar and a female orc.

You can 'talk' to them all once (they all have a ! over them, so only one click each).

I have tried so many diff things, talking in diff orders, etc, and eventually I am stumped.

For note, they don't say anything when clicked, and only appear in this cave after you accept the quest.

After you click them, they seem to summon ghosts, then nothing, while a treasure room is very clearly locked, and there is definitely a puzzle to be solved.

I checked the Wiki, and nadda.

Anyone every figured this out?

Thanks,

Strangly enough, yes.

The chief of the town of Thrak wants you to find his dead brother's treasure. So you follow the clues (quest arrow) to the cave and go inside. Get rid of the albino rats, and you find yourself in a room with what appears to be a giant chess board. You've got a board with Orc pieces and human ones.

Now, the clues and such are just about as transparent as super dense neutronium. I just lucked out. I walked in and clicked on the rook/castle character closest to the entry into the room in the row closest to the Orc player.The rook thing started moving across the board toward the human side. The completed quest indicator triggered and the door was open. Inside the room there's a book - that's the quest goal.

I think, Don't quote me, that this Quest was fixed by the Amazing Cm-Patch guys. Which allows you to do what wolfie2kX is describing.

In vanilla Sacred 2 it was easy, it didn't matter which order you clicked on them it seems as I just clicked randomly each time until the locked door was unlocked and I could wrap up the quest.

But in Ice and Blood I don't think I ever have completed it, maybe the devs did try to fix it up so you needed to click on them in a specific order, but ruined the whole quest instead...

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. I do remember that I have it solved on several toons. All pre Ice and Blood methinks :oooo:

I do have to state, that I don't run alot of quests anymore, so memory might be a bit deceptive here.

Greetz