The Buff that lasts forever?

This is amazing... no complaints here... Etherian and I were rousting up the swamp, and his buff was being passed to me from his Shadow Warrior

buff.jpg

He left the game about an hour and a half ago... and I've still got the buff.

Is this a known bug? Or something that Ascaron left in to reward teamsmanship?

LIke...If I had another of my toons come in and cast a shared buff on my High Elf or any other toon...would all the buffs cast from the other toon stay with the target toon indefinitely?

:bye:

gogo

199.4% chance to reflect melee, CAs & stun? Yeah, I'd say that's a bug. Especially if it sticks with you after a log out/in. The question is, is that a display bug or is your character really getting that much reflection. And is it a display bug where you're getting less reflection (it's not applying diminishing returns properly, so those would be the x+y per level figures from Spells.txt) than stated or you're not getting any reflection (& those figures weren't removed last time you logged out)? Without access to the bug database it's hard to say if it's a known bug or not (it's certainly the first I've seen of it).

199.4% chance to reflect melee, CAs & stun? Yeah, I'd say that's a bug. Especially if it sticks with you after a log out/in. The question is, is that a display bug or is your character really getting that much reflection. And is it a display bug where you're getting less reflection (it's not applying diminishing returns properly, so those would be the x+y per level figures from Spells.txt) than stated or you're not getting any reflection (& those figures weren't removed last time you logged out)? Without access to the bug database it's hard to say if it's a known bug or not (it's certainly the first I've seen of it).

Eh.. I'm thinknig it's intentional... Try this scenario on for size. This is a multiplayer game with a Shadow Warrior and a High Elf. The SW casts Reflective Emanation - with RE modded with "Idol" - meaning the RE is shared with all party members.

So there you are with your party and are going up against a particularly nasty boss monster. The guy playing Shadow Warror's computer crashes for whatever reason, knocking him off the server. so there's the poor high elf, left alone to battle the big bad boss until his partner returns. That might take a few minutes. It would kinda suck, don't you think, if the HE got killed - especially if the game was in Hard Core mode. By leaving the buff in place, it gives the other player a chance to do whatever (reboot, restart the game, reconnect, etc..) to get back, hopefully before it's too late.

Of course, I could be wrong - but it at least makes some sense...

Eh.. I'm thinknig it's intentional... Try this scenario on for size. This is a multiplayer game with a Shadow Warrior and a High Elf. The SW casts Reflective Emanation - with RE modded with "Idol" - meaning the RE is shared with all party members.

So there you are with your party and are going up against a particularly nasty boss monster. The guy playing Shadow Warror's computer crashes for whatever reason, knocking him off the server. so there's the poor high elf, left alone to battle the big bad boss until his partner returns. That might take a few minutes. It would kinda suck, don't you think, if the HE got killed - especially if the game was in Hard Core mode. By leaving the buff in place, it gives the other player a chance to do whatever (reboot, restart the game, reconnect, etc..) to get back, hopefully before it's too late.

Not if it means that when the HE logs back in the next day (or just to another server) the original buff stays in place, no. That would be massively overpowered. Also, the figures that Gogo was showing (99.x%) were way too high.

Very nice! Did you both buff at the same time? standing close?

Big head mode makes me laugh.

I love the big heads! I love getting in close to seeing the features on all the faces. You really see some good details on animals.

Dang...you're nigh on invulnerable like that!

I was shocked last night when I dug out the pix :hugs:

Schot is saying that it is a display error... I'm just going to ignore him

I"m sure it's intentional for for when I'm near the buffer... but I'm starting to have a sinking feeling that this is a bug... that while the stats look so awesome... they are simply window dressing.

However... I am now curious as to whether the Schot Penta Buff is possible!

:bounce:

gogo

Ah ha...the ole Penta Buff Legend. I think we all tried to get it cast on Schot once... was hoots... I wonder if there is a limit to how many buffs we can cast on a person in Sacred 2.

:)

gogo

Well... The question is whether party buffs stack if there are 2 or more similar party members (shadow warrior, seraphim, temple guardian and such) with buffs modded for party play. If they do, it will be really easy to make invulnerable boss hunting parties. This way a 3-4 man party can make so many legendaries and gain so many levels in a short time, that it's going to look just sick:

2x Shadow Warrior, RE modded for party play, with dual wield or other means of leeching

1x offensive leecher

GG.