I have been running into more and more, usually German, players that speak a language other than English. I really enjoy the conversations that can come up. A few of the German players are almost regulars on my servers, and they have been trying to help me understand the language. Very much fun, and I usually get side tracked into the conversation instead of playing the game.

But I need a better translator, a couple of the players that are working with me say that the one I'm using is off, we get the idea across but its missing a lot. I use Google Translate, and I have tried Bablefish, But still not good enough.

Anyone know of a good Translator?

The biggest problem in finding a translator is that its so hard to make them, especially when they have such confusing grammar as german does. Having done german until my second last year of high school...the grammar never got easy, they always introduced more tricky concepts and having seen what google translate spits out and comparing it to what I then knew it should have been...like the players have told you, it gets the idea across but is not quite right. Lol...anyway, basically, I dont know of anything thats better, you can try googling for a specifically german translator, it may work better than something like google which is for a much larger number of languages.

Translating and voice dictation. Both so difficult and still evading technology's hunt for their submission. I keep looking for better translators and was using a red German one for awhile..but Google's functionality is so good... Schot found this really cool mod that just lets us press a button on any page we look at and the page is instantly translated into English.

Didn't know you were learning so much German DB, that's awesome.

And Furian, lol... heh, using translators in game is cool...I keep a window open up on side to speak to someone if we are both really needing explanation.

;)

gogo

Well I use two main translators for "talking" to my non-English speaking friends. I highly recommend using Ace Translator or Promt Expert.

Ace Translator - http://www.acetools.biz/

Promt Expert - http://www.promt.com/

Ace translator is a really good one because it can translate so many different languages. Plus the interface is really easy to use because you just type in what you want to write or say and it comes out instantly. I've also done this with a lot of friends from Europe and they say the translation is almost perfect.