We all have things to do and see near us where we live. Everyone please post videos and photos of these things and places here so we all can see what wonderful places we all live on this Big Blue Ball we call home.

This video was taken on the top of Mount Washington on Oct. 2nd, 2010 (not by me).

Edited by Lord of the North

I don't know how people in USA, Russia and Canada define a backyard. I live in Hessen/Germany. If I drive 20 miles northwest I am in North Rhine-Westphalia and 20 miles southwest I am in Rhineland-Palatinate.

I would describe my area as: Hills and forests, if a hill has no forest then it was chopped to build a castle. I found a video of a glider flying around the birthtown of my mother. I did my glider license when I was 16 at this airport and to do half an hour flying with a club owned glider I had to do 8 hours club work as in either repair and maintainance, tower control ( I had no english classes at school so not allowed for flight control), winch cable start system, recovering planes landing in surroundings and not at airport, ....

And the club owned gliders were no hightech, but old beasts made from wood.

So here a video of a glider towed into air with a winch at sunrise. Fog in the valleys. You see that there is nearly all forest on the horizon and around 1m2s the glider circles the castle at Braunfels. My oldest will do her license next spring. It is funny that you can do a glider license with 16 but a car license with 18 in germany.

I don't know how people in USA, Russia and Canada define a backyard.

Well the normal definition for a backyard in the states is the part of your land that is in the back or rear of the house. But in the USA it can also mean (as for the purpose of this thread) the area around where we live. In this case it is kind of slang that has moved to everyday use. That is why, when I started this thread, that I put backyard in quotes. So if you have photos or videos of a local park you like to go to, an amusement park, or something in your area that you just would like to share, this is the thread to do it in.